Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diets

Beckys_Mom

Hi LOL

I am looking for a good diet ...I need to loose some weight...coming into the summer months now...i am going off to Florida again this year...but after having a baby...I have found it hard to get back to the way I used to be

I do exercise all the time...I am forever walking and doing situp lol

for so long I have my daily intake consists of..

Breakfast -- One peice of toast (thats if I have time)

Lunch...Well half a sandwitch but mostly a yogurt and that it

Dinner...very little...the odd peice of meat///salad or potatoes...sometimes fish

I dont eat junk food like potatoes chips, chocolate, cake, burgers or fries

And still I cant shift the weight

Sheri has gave a few tips in PM....

But I wondered if anyone has a cert way of a diet that will actually work and keeps your healthy at the same time

Sheri if you like you can post all in here :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sherapy

• Dando Kast

• Beckys_Mom

• robbieb

Top Posters In This Topic

scrath the 3 meals thing. 5 meals a day u shjould be eathing every couple of hours to boost matabolisim. next dont neglect ur carbs u do need some. increase protein. weither it is from plant of animal i dont want to start a war on this thread too. greens are good. stay awsy from dairy. but above all else u need to make time to be active too cardio is key. use a treadmill if u can or just go out and run.

ur prolbme isnt ur eating to much its ur eating to little. sounds like an oximoron but its the truth eat more but eat right.

i lost 30 pounds in one summer when i was a kid and after that i kept the weight off and gained muscle mass and just kept going from there. if u eat less ur body goes into starvation mode and stores fat instead of using it. bananas have a hormone that triggers the full effect and there good. an apple will wake u up better thne coffe ever will so eat them instead of drinking coffe.

lean meat is key. like a grilled chicken breast possibly some fish but dont worry to much aobut other meat sources. liek i said no dairy. what u put in is what u get out just remember that. if uput in good foods u get bakc good results if u dont well thne u dont get deisred results. grapes are good snacks too. jsut remmber ur body cn work two diffent ways one by using carbs ot run or the other by using proten. if u cut carbs then ur body uses protein and if it uses protein then it doesnt care where it comes form it will take it from food muscle anything it can. ur body goes threw combustion just lie ur car does. htis however means good carbs like whole grain oatmeal but not instant kind. or whole grain pasta.

but above all else cardio helps too.

How about asking your nutritionist or dietician?

Geri as you well know I am a Vegan/marcobiotic ( which for those who don't know i eat in tune and as close to nature as possible)

To eat as i do is not for everyone, I couldn't honestly recommend my way of eating i've evolved over time into my diet.... :D but I'd say first off you aren't getting enough nutrients, and maybe not eating enough......

Its good you excersise and have a active life style :tu: You'd want to add in some resitance training or weights , the more toned the body the more it works for you, so the more muscle mass ( and a girl can't get huge muscles so don't worry I'm 5'4' about 110 and toned and genetics plays a bit into tha tas well but toned muscles are built in fat burners muscle flat out burns more calories than fat...maybe hyper knows exactly the ratio i forget at this moment.....

Bread for breakfast I'd change that to fruit and maybe alittle whole oats with a bit of milk i( being as how that is what you like) or soy milk or rice milk or almond (fortified)...it would be much more nutritious bread now adays is refined and basically not good..... I rarely eat bread.......

Lunch i'd recommend a bit of whole brown rice or quinoa, or a small bit of legumes, a green salad with lots of veges and some flax seeds and brewers yeast it tastes good ( Its also called nutritional yeast) this way you are surely getting your b-s beautiful hair and skin which you have and would want to keep) I'd have an orange too ( smoking depeletes Vitamin C and maybe take a C suppliment just be cautious.. On occassion i 'd eat seaweed too add it into your salad it removes toxins and chemicals why not so at least you may be countering some of the effects of the cigs.( in the event you are to be affected).....

maybe another little snack of a handful of raw nuts you love these so take your pick and another bit of fruit again your choice....

Try on occassion tempeh or tofu not alot but once in awhile, good source of quality protien steamed broccolli, or whatever ou like or try a few raw veges...hyper is a raw efficinado he will kkow of some tasty ideas too :D another salad.....Soups are really good on occassion through in a tiny bit of meat.....

maybe another little bit of fruit..... I agree with Robbie eat more often.......but you als have to honor who you are i can't eat food a minute before 12 noon but i eat small meals thought out the day and into the evening........

Some have to eat right when they get up..part of the macrobiotic ohilosophy is listen to your body and don't follow anything like a religion.......

Certainly don't follow this to a t and adjust it to your tastes but I tryed to honor your food path too i think if you like a bit of meat on occassion fish is prbably a good choice.... :D:wub:

Its really good you don't eat junk or fried foods or processed thas half the battle..... :w00t:

the weight will fall off and you'll be the hottest girl in Florida and then on occassion when you want to have a favorite food your body will be forgiving...lol the most importatn thing only tell yourself positive things how you see yourself has alot ot do with meeting your goals......

Edited by Sheri berri

scrath the 3 meals thing. 5 meals a day u shjould be eathing every couple of hours to boost matabolisim. next dont neglect ur carbs u do need some. increase protein. weither it is from plant of animal i dont want to start a war on this thread too. greens are good. stay awsy from dairy. but above all else u need to make time to be active too cardio is key. use a treadmill if u can or just go out and run.

ur prolbme isnt ur eating to much its ur eating to little. sounds like an oximoron but its the truth eat more but eat right.

i lost 30 pounds in one summer when i was a kid and after that i kept the weight off and gained muscle mass and just kept going from there. if u eat less ur body goes into starvation mode and stores fat instead of using it. bananas have a hormone that triggers the full effect and there good. an apple will wake u up better thne coffe ever will so eat them instead of drinking coffe.

lean meat is key. like a grilled chicken breast possibly some fish but dont worry to much aobut other meat sources. liek i said no dairy. what u put in is what u get out just remember that. if uput in good foods u get bakc good results if u dont well thne u dont get deisred results. grapes are good snacks too. jsut remmber ur body cn work two diffent ways one by using carbs ot run or the other by using proten. if u cut carbs then ur body uses protein and if it uses protein then it doesnt care where it comes form it will take it from food muscle anything it can. ur body goes threw combustion just lie ur car does. htis however means good carbs like whole grain oatmeal but not instant kind. or whole grain pasta.

but above all else cardio helps too.

Thank you robbie for this reply

You have said what some doctors have said before...eat small meals throughout the day....thing is robbie...I have tried that...my stomach cant handle too much food :(

You say stay away from dairy....but a lil butter on my sandwiches is not all that harmful....is it???

Eating a yogurt cant be the cause of me not loosing any weight...can it?

I used to drink a lot of semi skimmed milk...I lived on it...then once i fell pregant...my body wouldnt take the milk as much anymore...now I rarely take milk

I dont understand as to why my body craved vinalla ice cream when I was pregant...I dont crave it now LOL I hate it...but I wondered why I craved something I hated when pregnant :wacko: I guess thats a mystery!!!

I never fry meat...I think grilling meat is best...I have a George Forman grill it drains the fat from the meat that I do eat...even though I dont eat that much of it...but still eat what i can

I found this next part very intresting robbie.....

you said --> i lost 30 pounds in one summer when i was a kid and after that i kept the weight off and gained muscle mass and just kept going from there. if u eat less ur body goes into starvation mode and stores fat instead of using it. bananas have a hormone that triggers the full effect and there good. an apple will wake u up better thne coffe ever will so eat them instead of drinking coffe.

I was a huge coffee drinker too before pregnancy...then when I fell pregnant..my body couldnt handle the coffee anymore either....I craved nothing but water..& fruit...now that I have had her I still cant really handle the coffee...its weird.....do you know why that is??

You lost 30 lbs WOW....thank you so much for your advice...I would like to ask a fav of you if you dont mind....lol

Could you write me out a routine to help me...as you seem to know what works best...I need help...I have asked my partner but he dont seem to care as much...so I do need help and advice...only if you want to..its why I made this thread to get help...I fully understand that its just helpful hints..and I fully understand that I need to speak to my doc for other help....but I think a diet plan is harmful......After all I know what my body can and cant take by now... :)

How about asking your nutritionist or dietician?

I have frog...they all say different things...one has told me to eat 3 good meals a day but dont eat after 6pm.....another told me to eat 5-6 small meals a day and cut out smoking...I thought OK what has smoking got to do with me eating and loosing wieght!!...so I decided to cut down on smoking and i still am but I would like a diet plan

Geri as you well know I am a Vegan/marcobiotic ( which for those who don't know i eat in tune and as close to nature as possible)

To eat as i do is not for everyone, I couldn't honestly recommend my way of eating i've evolved over time into my diet.... :D but I'd say first off you aren't getting enough nutrients, and maybe not eating enough......

Its good you excersise and have a active life style :tu: You'd want to add in some resitance training or weights , the more toned the body the more it works for you, so the more muscle mass ( and a girl can't get huge muscles so don't worry I'm 5'4' about 110 and toned and genetics plays a bit into tha tas well but toned muscles are built in fat burners muscle flat out burns more calories than fat...maybe hyper knows exactly the ratio i forget at this moment.....

Bread for breakfast I'd change that to fruit and maybe alittle whole oats with a bit of milk i( being as how that is what you like) or soy milk or rice milk or almond (fortified)...it would be much more nutritious bread now adays is refined and basically not good..... I rarely eat bread.......

Lunch i'd recommend a bit of whole brown rice or quinoa, or a small bit of legumes, a green salad with lots of veges and some flax seeds and brewers yeast it tastes good ( Its also called nutritional yeast) this way you are surely getting your b-s beautiful hair and skin which you have and would want to keep) I'd have an orange too ( smoking depeletes Vitamin C and maybe take a C suppliment just be cautious.. On occassion i 'd eat seaweed too add it into your salad it removes toxins and chemicals why not so at least you may be countering some of the effects of the cigs.( in the event you are to be affected).....

maybe another little snack of a handful of raw nuts you love these so take your pick and another bit of fruit again your choice....

Try on occassion tempeh or tofu not alot but once in awhile, good source of quality protien steamed broccolli, or whatever ou like or try a few raw veges...hyper is a raw efficinado he will kkow of some tasty ideas too :D another salad.....Soups are really good on occassion through in a tiny bit of meat.....

maybe another little bit of fruit..... I agree with Robbie eat more often.......but you als have to honor who you are i can't eat food a minute before 12 noon but i eat small meals thought out the day and into the evening........

Some have to eat right when they get up..part of the macrobiotic ohilosophy is listen to your body and don't follow anything like a religion.......

Certainly don't follow this to a t and adjust it to your tastes but I tryed to honor your food path too i think if you like a bit of meat on occassion fish is prbably a good choice.... :D:wub:

Its really good you don't eat junk or fried foods or processed thas half the battle..... :w00t:

the weight will fall off and you'll be the hottest girl in Florida and then on occassion when you want to have a favorite food your body will be forgiving...lol the most importatn thing only tell yourself positive things how you see yourself has alot ot do with meeting your goals......

Sheri can you tell me WHY is bread not so good??? I eat wholemeal loaf only..not white bread and I toast it...is that not so good either?

What is tofu??? I know it's stuipd of me to ask but I have never asked about it before LOL

I am not all that fond of nuts...however I love fruit...I should listen to you guys and eat more fruit...I ate a lot of fruit when pregnant...only cuz I craved it...but I SHOULD listen to you all and eat more...

Is it true that bananas are not as good for you as other fruit??? or is that a myth??? I had heard some at work talk about this

You and robbie have both said eat more often...I have a fear of this...reason being is becuse I did suffer from bulimia for years.....I did loose a LOT of weight but I wasn't healthy..I looked skinny and at 5ft8 I didnt suit being really skinny...my mom was worried...I winded up in hospital a couple of times on an IV drip over it...I had docors try and talk to me about bulimia ..and I explained that eating so many meals a day might add more weight on...this is a fear I had and STILL have :(

Everything thing you need to know is right here:

Everything you need to know about losing weight and eating better.

Another good way is to track what you eat. Fitday is an excellent, and free, tool that you can use. Once you've done the calculations once try to stick to the same serving sizes and it's pretty easy.

and I explained that eating so many meals a day might add more weight on

It all depends on how many calories that meal consists of where the calories are coming from. Read through the first link and it'll teach you all about it... but think of eating smaller meals throught the day like this > Your stomach is a furnace and the food you put in it the wood. To keep your house at peak warmth you would need to add small amounts of wood through the day(eating more meals but smaller portions). If you didn't the house would get cold and hot (your blood sugar levels going up and down) and that's something you don't want for yourself. To reference this to fat gain, think of the soot on the side of a chimney, if you burn small amounts of wood there isn't much smoke thus less soot, but if you burn a lot of wood less frequently the smoke will be to much and be forced to stay in the chimney as soot.

Edited by Dando Kast

BM - after hearing what you eat in a day and then hearing that you suffered from bulemia - I have to recommend you get further help with the eating disorder, because it sure seems to me like you still have it. Also, make sure you have to actually still lose body fat, and not just have to tone up your muscles.

You sound like you are having maybe 500 calories a day - MAYBE. Your body is in starvation mode - your metabolism is only being kept up by your exercise.

Unless you have a digestive disorder you didn't speak of, I would say you can't handle a lot of food BECAUSE you don't eat a lot of food - increase slowly.

Fresh fruits/veggies - whole grains - EFA rich foods (essential fatty acids - Omega 3,6,9) like fish, flax seed - lean protein - and lots of water.

I would also suggest taking supplements (good multi-vit) including zinc (which is used for treating eating disorders)

Just my thoughts...

Sheri can you tell me WHY is bread not so good??? I eat wholemeal loaf only..not white bread and I toast it...is that not so good either?

What is tofu??? I know it's stuipd of me to ask but I have never asked about it before LOL

I am not all that fond of nuts...however I love fruit...I should listen to you guys and eat more fruit...I ate a lot of fruit when pregnant...only cuz I craved it...but I SHOULD listen to you all and eat more...

Is it true that bananas are not as good for you as other fruit??? or is that a myth??? I had heard some at work talk about this

You and robbie have both said eat more often...I have a fear of this...reason being is becuse I did suffer from bulimia for years.....I did loose a LOT of weight but I wasn't healthy..I looked skinny and at 5ft8 I didnt suit being really skinny...my mom was worried...I winded up in hospital a couple of times on an IV drip over it...I had docors try and talk to me about bulimia ..and I explained that eating so many meals a day might add more weight on...this is a fear I had and STILL have :(

Geri no question is stupid tofu is a soft food with no particular flavor made from coagulated soybean extract pressed into a cake its used often as a replacement for meat and cheese, its actually pretty tasty , tempeh is fermented soy beans also used as a meat replacement its consitatncy is more chewy....you can find tons of recipes for either on line.......

Bananas the most common MYTH i have heard whick makes me laugh is they are fattening , they are 80 calories and i eat em everyday they are good for you rich in pottassiam......

If you are eating fruits, veges, whole grains, legumes, raw nuts seeweeds you aren't gonna put on weight.....Its almost impossible unless you are eating pastas and alot of refined flours and junk foods.....A whole diet based in nature isn't gonna fatten you up no matter how much you eat...You couldn't eat enough veges and fruit have a built in satisfied you can't eat anymore....Noone over eats veges or fruit or whole grains...I definitly feel you should eat more....Do you like peanut butters, tahini anything such as that?????You can use those instead of raw nuts.......

If you excersise too tone up you wouldn't have to be so strict with a diet, A fitness program is a great weight controller...geri do you drink sodas????????

Bread is osmewaht like white rice nutritionally deficient, stay away from stuff that is calorie rich and nutrient poor.....

there are so many good things you can eat, i have tons and tons of recipes, you wouldn'[t know you were eating healthy...i have to feed kids and as you know they are picky but my kids eat vegan and beg for more......

Or get on a plane and come to my house and I'll get you on track lol :wub:

BM - after hearing what you eat in a day and then hearing that you suffered from bulemia - I have to recommend you get further help with the eating disorder, because it sure seems to me like you still have it. Also, make sure you have to actually still lose body fat, and not just have to tone up your muscles.

You sound like you are having maybe 500 calories a day - MAYBE. Your body is in starvation mode - your metabolism is only being kept up by your exercise.

Unless you have a digestive disorder you didn't speak of, I would say you can't handle a lot of food BECAUSE you don't eat a lot of food - increase slowly.

Fresh fruits/veggies - whole grains - EFA rich foods (essential fatty acids - Omega 3,6,9) like fish, flax seed - lean protein - and lots of water.

I would also suggest taking supplements (good multi-vit) including zinc (which is used for treating eating disorders)

Just my thoughts...

Do you think so??..maybe you are right :unsure: Maybe I knew this but was in denial

I kept telling myself there was nothing wrong...I fear going to the doctors..last time I went I found out about bowel cancer...I hate going to a doctor...it all boils down to fear :blink:

I keep thinking there could be a way to help myself..and beatthis once and for all....thats why I made this thread to seek advice... :)

becky pm me what exaclty u are trying to do and ill make u a good systme to work with. u just have to give me ur life system are u home alot are u constantly on the go do u have weekends off things like that and ill be albe to help u out more

becky pm me what exaclty u are trying to do and ill make u a good systme to work with. u just have to give me ur life system are u home alot are u constantly on the go do u have weekends off things like that and ill be albe to help u out more

She really should be doing this herself. You can provide a temporary solution but she has to provide a permenent one. Did you read the links I gave BM?

4) Dairy Products

Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese.

Superpowers Building strong bones, firing up weight loss

Secret weapons Calcium, vitamins A and B12, riboflavin, phosphorus, potassium

Fight against Osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer

Sidekicks None

Impostors Whole milk, frozen yogurt

Dairy is nutrition's version of a typecast actor. It gets so much good press for strengthening bones that it garners little attention for all the other stuff it does well. Just take a look at the mounting evidence that calcium is a prime belly-buster. A University of Tennessee study found that dieters who consumed between 1,200 and 1,300 milligrams of calcium a day lost nearly twice as much weight as those taking in less calcium. Researchers think the mineral probably prevents weight gain by increasing the breakdown of body fat and hampering its formation. Low-fat yogurt, cheeses, and other dairy products can play a key role in your diet. But I recommend milk as your major source of calcium. Liquids take up lots of room in your stomach, so your brain gets the signal that you're full. Sprinkling in chocolate whey powder can help curb sweet cravings.

Dando this is in error there is no truth to the claims that dairy fights all this :no::rolleyes: actually it causes these issues, Drink water for a full feeling not milk and milk doesn't increase weight loss that is absurd......a major source of calcium is veges calcium that is bio available nutrition is a science to be understood as a whole system.....We have posted alot of info concerning this and milk and dairy...certainly eat it but to recommend it is another thing altogether......also a vegan eats for health, whether one agrees with the diet or not doesn't change the fact that its for optimum functioning of the human organism and no other diet comes close...Eating meat and dairy is a choice it's not needed to live and is associated with many health issues...

Instant oatmeal is not good for anything its processed food devoid of nutrients.......whole oats would be a better choice.......

I'm not trying to split hairs with you here but BM is a dear friend and I'd like to see to it she gets quality info.........

Edited by Sheri berri

sherri u can definalty but oatmeal from whole grain. i did state no instant oatmeal "real" oatmeal as in whole grain oatmeal is quiet healthy and it is filling a good choice of food.

i was resopindg to beckys request of me thanks

I know, I'm trying to encourge her to determine a diet of her own through learning what's best and not having strangers blindly tell her what to do...no point in doing something or eating something if you don't know what your eating it for I say. Eating habits you have for life and I'm sure your not gonna give her a menu to go by everyday of her life. She'll have to learn that on her own. Understand?

Everything thing you need to know is right here:

Everything you need to know about losing weight and eating better.

Another good way is to track what you eat. Fitday is an excellent, and free, tool that you can use. Once you've done the calculations once try to stick to the same serving sizes and it's pretty easy.

It all depends on how many calories that meal consists of where the calories are coming from. Read through the first link and it'll teach you all about it... but think of eating smaller meals throught the day like this > Your stomach is a furnace and the food you put in it the wood. To keep your house at peak warmth you would need to add small amounts of wood through the day(eating more meals but smaller portions). If you didn't the house would get cold and hot (your blood sugar levels going up and down) and that's something you don't want for yourself. To reference this to fat gain, think of the soot on the side of a chimney, if you burn small amounts of wood there isn't much smoke thus less soot, but if you burn a lot of wood less frequently the smoke will be to much and be forced to stay in the chimney as soot.

I went into the forum on the link you sent me..on Mens health...ok I am not a mna LOL (last time I checked lol) but there where some things in there that...no one really thinks about...

taken form that forum...

A loaf of white bread is the nutritional equivalent of cardboard. So is normal pasta. When you order a burger at Mickie D’s you’re getting crappy meat sandwiched between an insulin spike waiting to happen. You eat ketchup with more sugar and HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) than you will ever need. These are the crappy carbs.

I would go mad on the food dressing...*raises hand...yes I am guilty of that*...I dont stop to think that they can cause harm in the long run :unsure2: I like my tomatoe Ketchup...and colslaw..with REAL mayo in it...it has to be real mayo or I wont toucch it....and NOT ONCE did i think either of these would do any harm....I put salad cream in my sandwitcxhes...you know whats worse...I wont eat a sandwitch without it ohhh good lordy

Then it reads.......

You can and will hear a lot about Glycemic indexes, Glycemic Loads, Insulin Loads, Insulin Indexes, blah blah blah. My rule of thumb – if it didn’t resemble that when it was grown, it probably won’t do me much good. This means that veggies are good. Fruits are good. Legumes are good. Beans are good. Heck, anything with fibre is probably good. If you’re trying to decide whether a carbohydrate source is good or bad, take these two things into consideration: a)does it have fiber in it?, and b)did it take chemical and mechanical processes to get to the state it’s in now? If you answered no to a) and/or yes to B) there’s probably a better choice out there.

I should eat more veg and beans in my diet ...and more fruit I guess

The thread also spoke about weight training...I dont lift weights....I broke my lower back years ago in a car accident...so I do still exercise but mostly walking

Thank you so much for the link to that forum :tu: it told me a few things I wasnt aware of :yes:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

i was resopindg to beckys request of me thanks

And I thank you for responding I sent you a PM :tu:

4) Dairy Products

Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese.

Superpowers Building strong bones, firing up weight loss

Secret weapons Calcium, vitamins A and B12, riboflavin, phosphorus, potassium

Fight against Osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer

Sidekicks None

Impostors Whole milk, frozen yogurt

Dairy is nutrition's version of a typecast actor. It gets so much good press for strengthening bones that it garners little attention for all the other stuff it does well. Just take a look at the mounting evidence that calcium is a prime belly-buster. A University of Tennessee study found that dieters who consumed between 1,200 and 1,300 milligrams of calcium a day lost nearly twice as much weight as those taking in less calcium. Researchers think the mineral probably prevents weight gain by increasing the breakdown of body fat and hampering its formation. Low-fat yogurt, cheeses, and other dairy products can play a key role in your diet. But I recommend milk as your major source of calcium. Liquids take up lots of room in your stomach, so your brain gets the signal that you're full. Sprinkling in chocolate whey powder can help curb sweet cravings.

Dando this is in error there is no truth to the claims that dairy fights all this :no::rolleyes: actually it causes these issues, Drink water for a full feeling not milk and milk doesn't increase weight loss that is absurd......a major source of calcium is veges calcium that is bio available nutrition is a science to be understood as a whole system.....We have posted alot of info concerning this and milk and dairy...certainly eat it but to recommend it is another thing altogether......also a vegan eats for health, whether one agrees with the diet or not doesn't change the fact that its for optimum functioning of the human organism and no other diet comes close...Eating meat and dairy is a choice it's not needed to live and is associated with many health issues...

Instant oatmeal is not good for anything its processed food devoid of nutrients.......whole oats would be a better choice.......

I'm not trying to split hairs with you here but BM is a dear friend and I'd like to see to it she gets quality info.........

I never drink whole milk...only semi skimmed Sheri..and always low fat yogurts...I am well used to them

I tried lowfat cheese and it dont taste good

Hmmm you recon more liguids sheri???...ok then....but when I drink lots of water how come that dont make me full?? more calcium helps from what you have justshown me

How about slim fast??? is that ok??I used to like the chocolate one....

I never drink whole milk...only semi skimmed Sheri..and always low fat yogurts...I am well used to them

I tried lowfat cheese and it dont taste good

Hmmm you recon more liguids sheri???...ok then....but when I drink lots of water how come that dont make me full?? more calcium helps from what you have justshown me

How about slim fast??? is that ok??I used to like the chocolate one....

You just need to eat more fruits veges and whole grains drink alot of water, remeber how great you felt when you were doing that when you were pregnant with Becky????

I wouldn't recommend slim fast, as I said weight train what you can handle not go nuts with it, alittle resistance goes along way the more muscle you are the more you are a fat burning machine.......i only drink water but thats me not everyone (maybe HYper lol :wub: ) could only drink room tempature water...

I'm nuerotic with food i approach it as a scientist lol now not everyone does that.....

I'll tell you what i would do I'd hire a trainer and a nutritonist, now that sounds expensive but most gyms now adays include just this in the whole package for 100.00 dollars ayear or less .....A trainer will work with you and your situation and design a eating (healthy program) and excersise program to do this...I have freinds who do it this way and lose weight real fast and tone up.. and they moniter you and hold you accountable and teach you alot along the way....I do it too jsut to stay on track even use a nutritonist i can always learn and grow I don't know everything.....A lady i work with was 200 lbs in Jan and now she is not only remarkably thinner but tone too she is only doing one half hour of a circut trainng 4 times a week...I she had cancer too (breast) and geri its unbeleivable how good she look snad how much better she feels.....

How much do you have to lose???It can't be that much....5'8" thats a good height you are lucky I wish i was taller.......lol

lol... sorry...the forums are on menshealth.com but they also produce Womans Health magazine. The forums are the same though and the dieting info is generic for male or female. It's also an excellent place to ask questions..theres about three guys on there who are nutrition experts and answer questions for free.... but don't expec them to give you any ideas of what to eat and when to eat. That's best figured out by you.

lol... sorry...the forums are on menshealth.com but they also produce Womans Health magazine. The forums are the same though and the dieting info is generic for male or female. It's also an excellent place to ask questions..theres about three guys on there who are nutrition experts and answer questions for free.... but don't expec them to give you any ideas of what to eat and when to eat. That's best figured out by you.

Dando, we all kind of know eachother around here lol and I wouldn't say that female and male diets are generic actually on an individual basis diets are specific to the amount of activity and nutritional needs and like and dislike of the person involved .......we have some 'experts' here too lol........Interesting logic you advise she shouldn't listen blindly to diet advice from strangers( you are a stranger) she knows everyone else yet instead she should go to a forum she doesn't know based on your hear say lol.......

Edited by Sheri berri

sherri u can definalty but oatmeal from whole grain. i did state no instant oatmeal "real" oatmeal as in whole grain oatmeal is quiet healthy and it is filling a good choice of food.

Robbie what makes the oatmeal healthy?????and why should it be whole oats? granted on occassion rolled or steel cut will trickle in but whole is the best way.....with eating its best to go for the most nutritous and the wholest as close to natural as possible......i try not to eat anything with more than one ingrediant, reading lables is a must too.....the oatmeal

instant has about 16 added things to it that is processed and not what you would consider nutritious......

geri I lb of muscle uses 350 calories a day to maintain...11 lbs of fat use 3 calories a day to maintain..so if the body isn't toned you can see for yourself how little you actually burn off......Thats why weight training is a built in fat burner think of your muscles like that...... :D

Edited by Sheri berri

sherri i dont think u now thek ind of oatmeal im tlaking aoubt. very true muscle uses up calories like whoa. i need at least 3000 calories a day

Dando, we all kind of know eachother around here lol and I wouldn't say that female and male diets are generic actually on an individual basis diets are specific to the amount of activity and nutritional needs and like and dislike of the person involved .......we have some 'experts' here too lol........Interesting logic you advise she shouldn't listen blindly to diet advice from strangers( you are a stranger) she knows everyone else yet instead she should go to a forum she doesn't know based on your hear say lol.......

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The advice is good, laying out a plan for her isn't, that's best done by her... and your right, they are not generic, but the link I gave is generic information for the most part. If you want me to give her advice this would be it. Whole unprocessed foods :tu: , that's it. What food she chooses and when to eat them is best left up to her and no one else.