Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Loss Of Time

mars1102

So i've been trying to work on my flow lately and switching up styles...well i was rapping this 1 verse over and over again listening to that "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" beat and im just rapping, like i was in the zone! so i get the verse to where it sounds nice on the beat and i put my headphones down and i walked into my room to get my bong (I live in my momma's basement with no windows) and i realized i had no sense of time...like i didnt know what time it was. it felt like i was rapping for 5 hours, i thought it was 8pm but then i realized i've only been up for 2 hours! I think it was a mix of me being high lol and zoning out (it was kind of like meditating) and me not being able to see the sun. as i think about it know i really just kept starting over and over again, and just replaying the beat and rhyming the same thing. Maybe i kind of self hypnotized myself lol?...meh...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandDunePsychonaut

• mars1102

• Raptor

• LiQuiD_FuSioN

Yes, time flow is largely a pyschological experience. you know that old phrase: "Time flies when you're having fun." Or, imagine you're sitting in a classroom listening to an agoningly boring lecture -- it may be only 50 minutes, but it seems like an eternity.

Time is much more subject to the whims of human consciousness than we think.

Yes, time flow is largely a pyschological experience. you know that old phrase: "Time flies when you're having fun." Or, imagine you're sitting in a classroom listening to an agoningly boring lecture -- it may be only 50 minutes, but it seems like an eternity.

Time is much more subject to the whims of human consciousness than we think.

Very true. I quote zudo here...

"I was thinking about the cliche "time flies when having fun" I'm not sure why I was thinking of it, my school assignment? The forum (unexplained mysteries)? I'm not sure. Anywho, I was thinking that time does not really fly when having fun, time seems to speed up or slow down depending on the amount of change around you. For example, if your on a rollercoaster that's making you sick, or in a fight, time seems to go fast, even if your not having fun. Time seems to go slow, when you are "bored" and nouthing is happening AKA their is no change. I think our bodies have a constant of time, and that's why our perspetive of time changes, because it's time, which is relative, that's changing.

Main points:

1. Humans naturally have a beat of time, and changing you percievence of time means you must remove your instinctal reactions of time.

2. Humans naturally react to time based on the amount of change, because we have natural constant beat with in us, that our mind says "their should be this amount of change for this amount of time" so our minds try to make it work out."

time doesn't really exist...but it does if you percieve it. In reality all there is, is now.

I think it was because you were rapping and smoking weed in your mom's dark basement.

@SandDunePsychonaut

Time does exist, it isn't just something that we humans make up. Otherwise it would be eternally "now" (everything would be still)

"Time does exist, it isn't just something that we humans make up. Otherwise it would be eternally "now" (everything would be still)" -wombat

It is "now"...everything is not "still"...and the methods of calculating the rate of speed/movement/change/duration is something made by humans.

Edited by SandDunePsychonaut

What about using the internet? If you go online just to check some emails or post a few responses.. you'll soon realize you've been on the computer longer than you should have.

"Time does exist, it isn't just something that we humans make up. Otherwise it would be eternally "now" (everything would be still)" -wombat

It is "now"...everything is not "still"...and the methods of calculating the rate of speed/movement/change/duration is something made by humans.

The passage/dimension of time and the measurement of time are different things.