Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappagooch

50 Years of Denial

6 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that this topic has been "done to death"... but I just saw this show last night on Sci Fi titled: "UFOs: 50 Years of Denial?". Did anyone catch that show? It actually came out in 1998 so its been around for a while...

What intrigued me about the show was the fact that they had interviewed Col. Phillip J. Corso, a member of President Eisenhower’s National Security Council and Head of the U.S. Army’s Foreign Technology Division at the Pentagon. He indicated that he was an overseer in the recovery of alien spacecraft, and that the government had harvested technology from the recovered crash debris of the extraterrestrial spacecrafts (primarily Roswell and he listed many of the items we use today which stemmed from the alien technology such as lasers & microchips)... He actually looked into the camera and stated that the government should quit their denials about all alleged ufo incidents & tell the truth about Roswell & other incidents. He stated that the government should stop hoarding the technology they recovered from crash sites for themselves and share it with the world population. He stated that these findings are for everyone, not strictly for governmental use!... Pretty interesting stuff...

They also interviewed Apollo 14 Astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell and he discussed the fact that Roswell was a real incident. He indicated that there have been quite a few "leaks" regarding "Roswell" for 50 years now but even so, the government continues to deny the incident (probably in fear that other world governments might actually be able to use the advanced alien technology that the US discovered & allegedly "developed")...

This is all interesting stuff... But I am still not 100% convinced that these alleged "beings" are from another planet... It would make more sense to me that they co-exist in our environment/planet... either underwater or underground, or both... But who knows, anything is possible i suppose... rolleyes.gif

But back to the point... Now it appears that these gentleman are all legitimate "sources" and if what they claim is true, I think it's an outrage that the government is continuing its denial and making very sane & practical individuals who have had "experiences" with ufo's or extra terrestrials appear to be nutcases... Not only that , but "potential" witnesses have also had this bad habit of "disappearing" after certain sightings as well! But I suppose there isn't much anyone can do if this is true... disgust.gif

Interesting post! You might want to check out Corso's book>

The Day After Roswell

The problem with Corso though is interesting. It has been speculated by UFO researchers that perhaps his contribution might have been disinfo. A theory that is making the rounds is that he was fed false information either willingly or not by his military superiors. He was then to spread this disinfo to the public. Of course we have know way of knowing this or not. Either way, his book is interesting to say the least. the only problem I had with his book was that the pages started to fall out. If you get the book, make sure you have a good copy wink2.gif

Very Cool! Thanks for the link regarding his book! I'll have to check it out!

You are right on target with the fact that Corso very well could be a farce & is spreading false information to the public... And yes it could very well be a tactic by the US government to attempt to discredit this gentleman in fear that more individuals could become aware of the fact that the government has been lying all these years! I suppose, like you said, "we have no way of knowing the truth"...

And yes it could very well be a tactic by the US government to attempt to discredit this gentleman in fear that more individuals could become aware of the fact that the government has been lying all these years!

Well I don't really know how those things are developing in America but here in Malaysia,foohh.....it's just tiring to talk about these things here with anyone.Hell at times they don't even know what UFO's are too!!Seriously....try asking anyone here about the recent spacecraft launching from China,i bet they'll be like huh.gif

It's just that the public isn't aware of this kinda things,maybe thanks to the government....

try asking anyone here about the recent spacecraft launching from China,i bet they'll be like huh.gif

I think that you would find that the reaction would be the same with a majority of Americans as well. Its a shame really.

here in Malaysia,foohh.....it's just tiring to talk about these things here with anyone.Hell at times they don't even know what UFO's are too!!Seriously....try asking anyone here about the recent spacecraft launching from China,i bet they'll be like huh.gif

It's just that the public isn't aware of this kinda things,maybe thanks to the government....

Yeah, it is a shame that most people are not concerned with such things...

Quite a few people look at me as if I’m foolish to ponder about the possibility of extra terrestrials (or anything paranormal for that fact) but then there are also quite a few people who (I have encountered) have had their “own” experiences and also some who would agree about the possible notion of extra terrestrial life in the universe... It’s just that most of society is hindered by the media and “their” take on the paranormal! But one thing I have noticed is that over the years, many tv programs have become quite “liberal” in regards to the paranormal... I find this very interesting!