Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Hornets vs Bee's

Al Bundy

Just watched on National Geographic. A fight between hornets and bees.

The hornets just tear the bees apart! You see how nature can be cruel.

Even if the bees are in majority, a group of 30 hornets can easly kill a full bees nest!

Oh the documentry is called "Insect Wars".

So I apologize for the topic title.

There are also fighting other insect against each other, like ants vs termites.

It's realy intresting to watch this!

Edited by Vernes

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• GreyWeather

• chaoszerg

• Doctor_Strangelove

I saw this a while back and it truely amazing, the bee's don't stand a chance. Animal warfair

Edited by The Silver Thong

I saw that too! It was very interesting. :yes:

I had always just assumed they all worked together to instill fear in humans.... :D

id like to see a praying mantis go into warfair vs hornets lol, hornets would prolly win still grml <_<

ants vs termites.

ants would win, no doubt about it.

That was awsome. Im glad we dont have hornets over here they seem very ferocious. I have witnessed over here a army of fire ants totally decimate a huge colony of normal black garden ants. Then the blighters noticed me and the entire army went after me. 10 to 11 you cant feel stinging and biting you on your hand but 40 to 50 you begin to feel it and the young queens have a nasty bite. I love fire ants they are almost like army ants just not as deadly.

When I lived in SC I used to get attacked at least every week by fire ants when I'd do the gardening! They are sneaky and painful!

Bees don't have mandibles capable of biting...Hornets do. Hornet venom is 10 times stronger than bee venom.

I have to clear one thing up although. The bees in the link are EUROPEAN honey bees. The Japanese honeys bees can easily kill the hornets. The japanese Hornets attack by sending a scout that sprays the bee's nest with a phermone, then the scout flies back and leads the army to the battleground. The Japanese honeybees kill the scout by jumping on it until the bees smother the hornet. Then they vibrate their bodies, raising the temperature inside to 120 degrees F, frying the hornet alive. They stop the war before it begins.

I love to watch insects go to war with each other. :D Like if you put ants from different colonies together in on jar. Or ants versus a caterpillar, or fire ants versus a nest of baby mice who parents were shot by me with an air-rifle. :innocent: And when I was younger I had this little ant-maze and I would put ants in with beetles, bug galdiators! :lol:

I was a strange child. :innocent: Maybe I'll find my ant maze, that was fun. :tu:

I love to watch insects go to war with each other. Like if you put ants from different colonies together in on jar. Or ants versus a caterpillar, or fire ants versus a nest of baby mice who parents were shot by me with an air-rifle. And when I was younger I had this little ant-maze and I would put ants in with beetles, bug galdiators!

I was a strange child. Maybe I'll find my ant maze, that was fun.

I used to put spiders in the same jar, and they would attack each other while building webs for defense.

Ya'll are sick.

I had some hornets living under my steps. I sat down and had a talk with them one day. I told them if you leave alone and stay out of the house I'll leave ya'll alone. It worked never had any problems with them. They use to make the cat nervous though.

;)

That was awsome. Im glad we dont have hornets over here they seem very ferocious.

we do have hornets in the UK... 'cept they are smaller and are very calm and tolerate a lot, they also have no sting.

I love to watch insects go to war with each other. :D Like if you put ants from different colonies together in on jar. Or ants versus a caterpillar, or fire ants versus a nest of baby mice who parents were shot by me with an air-rifle. :innocent: And when I was younger I had this little ant-maze and I would put ants in with beetles, bug galdiators! :lol:

I was a strange child. :innocent: Maybe I'll find my ant maze, that was fun. :tu:

I used to put spiders in the same jar, and they would attack each other while building webs for defense.

Sadistic b*****ds. :P

Ya'll are sick.

I had some hornets living under my steps. I sat down and had a talk with them one day. I told them if you leave alone and stay out of the house I'll leave ya'll alone. It worked never had any problems with them. They use to make the cat nervous though.

;)

Pfft! Thats the hippy way! :lol: I would use firecrackers.

Sadistic b*****ds. :P

C'mon, you can't say that you've never caused a few bug wars! :tu:

Edited by MJB222

I used to watch fire ants attack these big black wood ants. The red ones would gang up on the big ones and just keep stinging them until they died. It's funny how we live on such a savage world. I guess that's why we try to be civilized.

I never knew we had hornets in the uk. Thanks for letting me know :D

ants would win, no doubt about it.

Nope

In one episode even though the ants outnumbered the termites by about 5/1 they couldnt break through the defences in the passageways of the termite mound.....those termites are tough li'l mofo's :yes:

Thank God their small and are not capable of make plots to take on the world!

Thank God their small and are not capable of make plots to take on the world

That would be a problem, woudn't it?

Bees don't have mandibles capable of biting...Hornets do. Hornet venom is 10 times stronger than bee venom.

I have to clear one thing up although. The bees in the link are EUROPEAN honey bees. The Japanese honeys bees can easily kill the hornets. The japanese Hornets attack by sending a scout that sprays the bee's nest with a phermone, then the scout flies back and leads the army to the battleground. The Japanese honeybees kill the scout by jumping on it until the bees smother the hornet. Then they vibrate their bodies, raising the temperature inside to 120 degrees F, frying the hornet alive. They stop the war before it begins.

Yes! I have seen what you speak of. Some insects are so much more intelligent than people give them credit for.

I thought that video was sad and awesome at the same time.

I started a small war between rolly pollies and ants. It was pretty epic. I was on the rollypollie side, so I gathered the surviving pollies, put them in a jar and fed them until the ants left. Then I killed all the ants.

Yay!

That would be a problem, woudn't it?

It would be like starship troopers! :lol::alien:

I started a small war between rolly pollies and ants. It was pretty epic. I was on the rollypollie side, so I gathered the surviving pollies, put them in a jar and fed them until the ants left. Then I killed all the ants.

Lol..."divine" intervention? :lol:

Some insects are so much more intelligent than people give them credit for

And crafty...