Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gurdian Angels

Swbf2

Do you belive in them?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. yes

• no
    • in the middle
    • yes and i have one (defintly)
    • yes and i have one ( i think)

do you belive in guardian angels? people/dead realtives ( :cry: ) who are sent down to protect you? do you think you have one?

heres some info

What Are Guardian Angels?

Guardian Angels are thought to be spiritual beings that are "assigned" to assist people here on Earth in various ways. Whether there is one angel per person, one angel for several person or several angels for one person is open to question. But whether you believe in them or not, or whether you want one or not, believers insist that you do have a guardian angel.

What is their assignment? According to "Encounters of the Angelic Kind" at Future365 (now defunct), "they intercept at many junctures in our lives and help wherever they can to make our lives run smoothly. Sometimes this is by inspiring a thought to spur us into action, at others it is to lend us super-human strength, such as in the case of a woman being able to lift a car long enough to free her trapped child. Or we hear of a runaway truck, with an unconscious driver at the wheel, inexplicably swerving sharply at the last moment to avoid a bus stop queue of people. In fact, there are many instances, which are often put down to luck, coincidence or even a miracle, but which have the touch of a hand of light behind it."

So why don't angels come to a person's aid every time it's asked for? Sometimes, the article contends, "angels must stand back, whilst giving loving support only, as we work things out for ourselves - these are the times when we feel alone, the dark before dawn."

taken from

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa041601a.htm

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• ~Onyx~

• Swbf2

• bLu3 de 3n3rgy

I voted No, but I think that the IDEA of having a Gaurdian Angel can really help people to cope with difficulties in their lives, so although I don't believe, I do like the idea. :hmm:

I voted no. Maybe i should better have voted in the middle, because i want to believe...a little...

But it just seems unlikely to me. Why should someone protect us, help us. EVERY individual. and why they don't protect dogs or monkeys then. or maybe they do?

and, protect from what? death? everyone dies. misfortunes? but why should someone be protected from misfortunes and someone shouldn't?

Yes.

I have had many manifestations of Angels, they are with me and they help me when I ask them to. That's the deal with Angels, you gotto ask them.

Mine told me his name, he spelled it out for me.

I have seen things, heard things, and had divine intervention on more than one occasion.

Proof, you ask, no I have none. It's not the kind of thing that can be documented except in my own diary.

i agree with synthetic, i like also to think that guardian angels are the people next to you, giving you a hand when you need it, and always has your back

This is kind of ironic, because my mother told me about what happened to one of hers freinds family yesterday, and it involves guardian angels to a degree.

Well, she said that the lady was out at the pub with her friends having a drink. They decided to call it a night and all went thier seperate ways. The lady (can't remember her name) decided to walk home, partly because her house was near and because she was very likely a bit drunk, and as a result was not in the most cautious moods. Anyway, the journey took had no dramas until she neared her home, where she decided to take a short cut through an alley. She stopped because there was a man waiting at the end, and became quite scared about what he might do. She said he was very scruffy looking and that she felt he might do her harm. But she decided that the odds of something bad happening were quite minimal, so she said a prair and started to walk walk towards him, and then, up and past him. She said she didn't look at him just in case, but said she felt somehow more secure. She made it back to her house without incident.

Anyway, the next morning on the news there was a report of a rape in her exact area. She thought she better tell the police about the strange man she saw, and went down the station. They had already apprehended someone, and she was admitted to see him to confirm it was the same person. She said it was that man, and he broke down and started crying. He eventually confessed to the rape. Anyway, the police officers were extremely happy with her help, so she asked if she could ask him a question before she left the station. They allowed her, and so she ask him "Why didn't you attack me?". The man told her that he would have, but she was with two men so he didn't. She was shocked because she was alone. He said that she had two large men walking directly behind her, and that they gave him confronting stares, so he backed off. She was still quite shaken as you can imagine

She believes that they were guardian angels that protected her from harm.

I don't know if I believe in angels sent from god, because I don't believe god. Allowing one girl to escape but forsaking another is not something a benevolent all-powerful god should do, at least it my opinion.

Entities sent by a 'higher force' though seems more plausible to me.

I believe in them.. I think I have about five and I think one is a nun with a christmas star above her head instead of a halo.

One of the times I overdosed on heroin alone, I dropped and I dreamt that I was on a hospital bed on my knees curled up face down in the bed. I was getting poked on my right shoulder by my grandfather who had recently died(I didnt see him but I knew it was him) and I woke up enough to look up and over behind me to see a glass screen a few meters away with about five bright white figures behind it. It was like I was in one of those rooms that the newborns go into after they are born so the parents etc can look through the glass.. Anyway when I looked over my shoulder I saw five.. angels(white shapes of people)who I had the feeling were family but one was a short nun who had a bright white christmas star shinning above her head where the halo would go. It was very distinct and was the main thing I noticed when I looked through the glass at the figures of light. They had a nice feel about them and they were telling me to get up(I think just my grandad was but they were watching us) but I was so sleepy that I just put my head back into my hands on the bed to fall back alseep. Thats when my grandad started to poke me again but much harder and after about the 3rd decent poke I actually woke up in real life and tried to turn around to tell him to stop poking me. It really spun me out.

Anyway I woke up in the exact same position that I had been dreaming that I was in but I had my feet crossed at the back and had my hands crossed at the wrists and when I had dropped I mustve had my head on my wrists because I couldnt move either my hands or my feet because they had no circulation in them. It was really scary after I woke up because I couldnt move at all and when I first woke up I tried to pick up the phone to call my girlfriend but I couldnt hold it or dial or anything and I couldnt stand or walk or even use my hands to crawl. So I just lay there and breathed and thanked my Pop. Thanks Pop! :tu:

So yeah you could say it was just a drug induced dream or whatever but Im glad I dreamt I had them telling me to wake up. Truly hey.

I'm in the middle.

i voted yes, and i think i have one

my dad..... :cry: he died..............:cry:

i v had some very close calls and i think hes watching over me.......

Yes.

I have had many manifestations of Angels, they are with me and they help me when I ask them to. That's the deal with Angels, you gotto ask them.

Mine told me his name, he spelled it out for me.

I have seen things, heard things, and had divine intervention on more than one occasion.

Proof, you ask, no I have none. It's not the kind of thing that can be documented except in my own diary.

I voted Yes and agree with how Shadow put it. I'm also aware and work with my spirit guides :)

I'm kinda in the middle.

No idea if I have one, but I do belive in them.

I think it's kinda nice to think that there's someone or something watching your back when you need it.

I think it's kinda nice to think that there's someone or something watching your back when you need it.

I agree. It is a nice idea and I'd like to think they are there, even if not for me then for my kids. :tu:

I agree. It is a nice idea and I'd like to think they are there, even if not for me then for my kids. :tu:

Interesting idea, if not purely subject to opinion, but I had a stange dream that lends to this topic not to long ago....if I may:

I was running through an airport trying to stop a plane that(for some unexplained reason) I knew was going to crash or explode, upon arriving at the security gate I was stopped(of course), and while I was arguing with the guards there I happened to look to my left and noticed a little girl sitting down looking at me. She had very large brown eyes and a bit of a dark complexion with dark shoulder-length hair.......she was the only thing about the dream that I can say I recall vividly, she might have been 5-7 years old(sitting down it was hard to tell more accurately). As I stared at her she smiled and said "don't worry, there watching over you.....the little girls....two of them....they will protect you." The next thing I know I am in an elevator, and when the elevator door opens I am running toward the airplane, when I get a little closer the airplane explodes. I somehow get the feeling that for whatever reason that I was chasing that plane that I had accomplished my mission and that nobody was aboard..........but the little girl and her "message" is what irked me the most. I had a sister that died at birth....maybe she is one of the "little girls" that is watching over me.....but the other....I have no clue.......I just don't know.

Now does this mean I have a guardian/guardians angel? or am I just one hell of a vivid dreamer? again, purely subject to personal opinion, given that there is no proof one way or the other....but if I said that this dream diddn't irk me just a bit...I would be lying.

Now does this mean I have a guardian/guardians angel? or am I just one hell of a vivid dreamer? again, purely subject to personal opinion, given that there is no proof one way or the other....but if I said that this dream diddn't irk me just a bit...I would be lying.

Very interesting. Most psychologists believe that dreams are the brain's way of making sense and organizing the day's events and not prophetic. But even if you believe that there is still meaning in the dreams because the subconscious is involved. I love dreams and I have quite a few books about them. I do feel like there is meaning in them even if it does come from within. :tu:

edited for spelling. sheesh.

Edited by coldethyl

I believe in angels and I think if you do believe in angels, faith has a lot to do with it. Afterall, the definition of faith is "being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." There have been many stories whether you believe they are true, legend, myth, etc. where people have entertained angels unaware.

I'm in the middle on this subject. I would like to believe that there are spirits watching

after us but to many bad things happen to convince me that they are real.

Very interesting. Most psychologists believe that dreams are the brain's way of making sense and organizing the day's events and not prophetic. But even if you believe that there is still meaning in the dreams because the subconscious is involved. I love dreams and I have quite a few books about them. I do feel like there is meaning in them even if it does come from within. :tu:

edited for spelling. sheesh.

I do believe that the subconscoius does not present information that isn't already stored away in some way, shape, or form....but where that dream scenario originated from.....I have no idea.

And no, we will hold the misspelling of "sheesh" over your head for many moons to come....it's to late to repent now...you...you....misspeller you!!!!!! :P

I believe in angels, but I think "Guardian Angel" is a misnomer. There are spirit guides that help you along the way, but they aren't angels, they are Holy Ghosts. They CAN be relatives but it isn't necessary and they have to petition to be your guide. Sometimes the petitions are denied.

Edited by Lost-Marbles

I believe in angels, but I think "Guardian Angel" is a misnomer. There are spirit guides that help you along the way, but they aren't angels, they are Holy Ghosts. They CAN be relatives but it isn't necessary and they have to petition to be your guide. Sometimes the petitions are denied.

That's a very interesting interpretation...to think that someone ACTUALLY PETITIONED to be my guide???!!!! which means that I either need THAT MUCH help or somebody pulled the short straw, lol.

I do believe that the subconscoius does not present information that isn't already stored away in some way, shape, or form....but where that dream scenario originated from.....I have no idea.

And no, we will hold the misspelling of "sheesh" over your head for many moons to come....it's to late to repent now...you...you....misspeller you!!!!!! :P

Maybe the dream originated because you were worried about your daughter? Didn't you say you had a daughter? I dunno. It's an interesting subject tho! :tu:

I didn't misspell 'sheesh', I misspelled something else and just said sheesh. :lol:

But I'm not a misspeller!!! Look at the title and subtitle of this thread and then bow down before my spelling abilities and my ability to use spell check as no other! :D

Maybe the dream originated because you were worried about your daughter? Didn't you say you had a daughter? I dunno. It's an interesting subject tho!

Yes I did, I'm flattered that you would remember, she is 6yrs old...but that dosen't explain the other child in the dream, I had kinda forgotten about the dream until reading this subject.

I didn't misspell 'sheesh', I misspelled something else and just said sheesh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I prostrate myself before you, and humbly beg your forgiveness....oh great misspeller... :rofl:

Yes I did, I'm flattered that you would remember, she is 6yrs old...but that dosen't explain the other child in the dream, I had kinda forgotten about the dream until reading this subject.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I prostrate myself before you, and humbly beg your forgiveness....oh great misspeller... :rofl:

Hey! I'm not a misspeller! I'll think about forgiving you....okay, I forgave you.

:lol:

Well maybe the other child represented your sister? Who knows? That's what is so interesting about dreams. I have some dream books that I reference all the time. Pick out the main theme of the dream and see what they say just for kicks. It's best to do it at the time of the dream because that's when it will be most relevant.

Incidentally, explosions are supposed to signify lasting improvements in all aspects of your life. :tu: And dreaming of a strange girl forecasts sudden, surprising news. So, did you win the lottery after this dream? ;)