Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pakistani confesses, then is shot dead

__Kratos__

LAHORE, Pakistan - A Pakistan man killed his three young daughters Tuesday before confessing to police, prompting one officer to shoot him dead, an investigator said. Mohammed Ashraf, 38, used a knife to cut the throats of his daughters aged 3, 5 and 9 before dawn in the eastern city of Lahore, said senior police investigator Amir Zulifquar.

Ashraf then went to a police station to report his crime, and was charged with murdering his daughters and placed in a cell.

"As I left the police station after questioning Mohammed Ashraf, one of my guards opened fire and killed him," Zulifquar said.

The policeman who shot Ashraf was identified as Mohammed Nadeem and was taken into custody, Zulifquar said.

Nadeem told investigators that he killed Ashraf to "eliminate an animal from society," according to Zulifquar.

"A person who kills innocent children deserves no mercy," Zulifquar quoted Nadeem as saying.

Before his killing, Ashraf told police that he was jobless and had killed his daughters because of poverty, Zulifquar said.

Ashraf's wife Sughran Bibi told reporters that she didn't hear her daughters' cries and that her husband had woken her up after "committing the heinous crime for which I will never forgive him."

Nadeem, the policeman, will face court for a ruling on whether he should be charged with murder or not, Zulifquar said. No date has been set for when he will appear in court. If convicted, he faces the death penalty.

Source

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He should be given a medal with a pat on the back; not be charged with murder.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Idriss

• coldethyl

• SnakeProphet

well normally i'd agree, except the guy had turned himself in, so they should have let him stand trial at least, let the courts deal with him.

He should be given a medal with a pat on the back; not be charged with murder.

:yes:

I don't blame the guy one bit. Emotion is a powerful thing. Imagine having to be the one to clean up this sicko's mess.

I would have shot the guy dead also but made him suffer a little. Even if he did turn himself in.

Any monster who kills a child should suffer before being killed.

he should shot his knees and let him bleed to dead :angry: . that man should suffer first.

good job officer! :tu:

I think he got what he deserved. There is no reason why he should have ever hurt those children. I'm glad he got what was coming to him. Surely he would've got the death penalty anyway as the officer who kills him might get?

I think he got what he deserved. There is no reason why he should have ever hurt those children. I'm glad he got what was coming to him. Surely he would've got the death penalty anyway as the officer who kills him might get?

I would hope he would have gotten the death penalty if the officer hadn't killed him. I hope they let the officer go.

another case of someone doing the world a good deed then thrown into jail and prolly gonna die for it~

murder is murder no matter what :yes: this officer WILL get charged because he went against the codes of a police officer, for he could have hurt himself and others while doing this etc

It is hard for me to believe that you people are applauding a police officer exacting justice on a criminal before he is even tried in court. That is just so wrong....so I suppose then that you are in favor of the police in this country killing whoever confesses to whatever evil deed they did? What the man did is sick...the mentality that supports murder because it was a police officer doing it is equally as sick. You people need to rethink your priorities!

Does Pakistani law have the circumstance of 'temporary insanity'?

I hate the murder of innocent children as much as anyone, but he had turned himself in and in the eyes of the court, he stood a fair trial.

Perhaps the officer was temporarily insane.

Yeah I feel so sick with myself. I should be ashamed. But I'm not. They are my opinions and I stand by them.

true you are. but imagine if i went around shooting everyone that did wrong will i be a murderer or a hero??? hero i would not be supporting this just promotes it

here's a question: your son/daughter was stealing from a store, i saw this took out a pistol and shot them point blank DEAD now, would you consider me a hero for spreading 'justice' no i don't think so, think about that

Edited by Kahrie

here's a question: your son/daughter was stealing from a store, i saw this took out a pistol and shot them point blank DEAD now, would you consider me a hero for spreading 'justice' no i don't think so, think about that

Depends if they were threatening someone or you were the store operator and needed to protect your property. I mean, I don't have kids but if a family member went and did something stupid like that they're not exempt from it.

Depends if they were threatening someone or you were the store operator and needed to protect your property. I mean, I don't have kids but if a family member went and did something stupid like that they're not exempt from it.

that's what i'm saying :) no i just saw them stealing and instantly killed them for it (in theory)

Funny, I thought we were talking about molestation. :hmm: I don't consider the cop that shot this guy a hero, but the man the cop shot had just killed his children, he didn't steal a candy bar. There's a difference and if you can't see that then I'm sorry for you.

And if someone shot my child for just stealing then I would see them just as shot. :yes:

that's what i'm saying :) no i just saw them stealing and instantly killed them for it (in theory)

Killing your family and stealing are a bit different. Duh? :rolleyes:

Edited by __Kratos__

Killing your family and stealing are a bit different. Duh? :rolleyes:

it was an example :rolleyes: considering you see every killing as being justified

it was an example :rolleyes: considering you see every killing as being justified

I do see it justified for murder, rape, molesting children, and stealing an entire life savings of people.

I for one am glad the b****** died. I hope he suffers. Nobody should harm an innocent child.. and to harm your own is just.. horrible.

I don't see every killing as being justified. I don't know where you got that idea if this is addressed to me. :hmm: I do see it justified if children are molested or killed. Especially by the parents. I'd want to do harm to someone who hurt my child and I think that is a mother's instinct.

I don't think that what the officer did in this case was neccessarily right, but I don't hold it against him. I understand it. That's the point I'm trying to make. The man had just killed his children. I don't think he deserved any rights once he did that.

I don't see every killing as being justified. I don't know where you got that idea if this is addressed to me. :hmm: I do see it justified if children are molested or killed. Especially by the parents. I'd want to do harm to someone who hurt my child and I think that is a mother's instinct.

I don't think that what the officer did in this case was neccessarily right, but I don't hold it against him. I understand it. That's the point I'm trying to make. The man had just killed his children. I don't think he deserved any rights once he did that.

would you do the same if it was an adult that was molested by another adult then killed no i don't think you would, sure the man did wrong im not supporting what he did but if he admitted that he did it and gave himself up to the police then every man deserves a fair trial, if i shot the man myself i would be no better because i took someone's life that makes it just as bad as the original crime (but i can understand why)

would you do the same if it was an adult that was molested by another adult then killed no i don't think you would, sure the man did wrong im not supporting what he did but if he admitted that he did it and gave himself up to the police then every man deserves a fair trial, if i shot the man myself i would be no better because i took someone's life that makes it just as bad as the original crime (but i can understand why)

You mean rape? If I was raped and then I killed the rapist, then I don't see that as being wrong. :hmm: I'm not concerned with being 'better' than the criminal really, I just know human nature. I really can't say what I'd do because thank God I've never been in that situation, but I know how I'd feel and that would be murderous. And I don't think taking the life of a criminal is as bad as taking the life of an innocent. That's just the way I see it. :tu:

You mean rape? If I was raped and then I killed the rapist, then I don't see that as being wrong. :hmm: I'm not concerned with being 'better' than the criminal really, I just know human nature. I really can't say what I'd do because thank God I've never been in that situation, but I know how I'd feel and that would be murderous. And I don't think taking the life of a criminal is as bad as taking the life of an innocent. That's just the way I see it. :tu:

that's o.k that's your opinion :tu: i meant say you had an adult or family member who was raped and murdered would you feel like killing them as much if it was your child? i would proberly do the same but try to kill not actually kill them