Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

THE MOST POWERFUL MEAT EATER OF ALL TIME

Mosasaurs

Now i would Gigia But i got to say Out most 100% T-REX :lol:

P.s if i hear Spino i am going to poop my pants in Anger :tu:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogfish

• Twisted

• snuffypuffer

• lowbro

Hmm, Spino :unsure2::innocent:

Spino?

:P

Actually. Allosaurus?

Lets wait for frogfish to prove us wrong

:D

Gigantosaurus could of been the largest theropod, but it would have a hard time fending of Carcharodontosaurus (which is the same size, or even bigger). Plus, there was a new dinosaur found in the USA and only know from very few vertebrae. Its called Saurophaganax, and if estimates are right, then it is the largest and longest theropod of all time!

When you say "most powerful" do you mean overall?

I would say it was my mate Sid. He is 6' 6" , 22 stone and you should have seen the ammount he put away at a BBQ over the weekend!!!

id have to say allosaurus or utahrapter, they werent the biggest but those things were well organized in hunting and such..

Its now believed that Utahraptor hunted single or in pairs.

Maybe some velociraptors, fast efficient killers, although their are probably other dino's like the Velociraptors only more powerful. I havent been reading too much about dino's lately, but I suppose that the Gigantosarus was probably stronger. But Im not sure, Im probably going to be proven wrong, by someone, most likely frogfish.

although their are probably other dino's like the Velociraptors only more powerful

Deinonychus and Dromaeosaurus...larger versions of Velociraptor.

but I suppose that the Gigantosarus was probably stronger

We can only estimate strength...it depends, Spino had the best arms of all the large theropods, while the others had mass and weight on their side.

I'll have to disagree with Mosasaurs, I'd like to say T-Rex, but I gotta say Gigia.

I will still have to go with T Rex, he has the most powerful jaws. until they find another theropod that is larger then T Rex with the same type of skull structure then hes still the KING..... IMO!

he has the most powerful jaws. until they find another theropod that is larger then T Rex with the same type of skull structure then hes still the KING

Giginatosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Saurophaganax :tu:

Giginatosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Saurophaganax :tu:

Yes they are larger but isn't the skull structure more narrow and didn't support the jaw muscle the T-Rex has?

Yes they are larger but isn't the skull structure more narrow and didn't support the jaw muscle the T-Rex has?

No...they are in the same family...the Tyrannosaurs. Same jaw structure.

Just more primitive.

Carcharodontosaurus teeth are nothing like T-Rex's teeth tho. I have a cast of Carcharodontosaurus tooth and it knive shaped nowere near as strong as T-Rex teeth or as big to my knowledge, I'll have to look into it. Im not sure about Giginatosaurus and Saurophaganax.

Edited by Twisted

Im not sure about Giginatosaurus and Saurophaganax

Gignatosaurus's teeth are 7-inch steak knives...in essence.

Saurophaganax's teeth are identical to Allosaurus. Except bigger.

Edited by frogfish

Gignatosaurus's teeth are 7-inch steak knives...in essence.

Saurophaganax's teeth are identical to Allosaurus. Except bigger.

If Saurophaganax is only known from a vertebrae, how do we know anything about it's teeth? Has any more of this animal been found since the vertebra?

If Saurophaganax is only known from a vertebrae, how do we know anything about it's teeth? Has any more of this animal been found since the vertebra?

It's known from a couple bones, and is thought to be a subspecies of Allosaurus or another allosaur.

What about that dino Deinocheirus (terrible hand)?

They've only found the hands but they are HUGE!

Maybe it didnt have huge jaws to kill because the hands evolved to be sufficient enough to kill. If it is bi-pedial, i think it has the biggest hands for its size, considering most bi-pedial carnivores have small hands or fore limbs in ratio to their body size. (eg t-rex)

Maybe its bigger than we think?

Cant answer many questions until we find the rest i guess? :hmm:

here is a link Source

Maybe it didnt have huge jaws to kill because the hands evolved to be sufficient enough to kill. If it is bi-pedial, i think it has the biggest hands for its size, considering most bi-pedial carnivores have small hands or fore limbs in ratio to their body size. (eg t-rex)

Maybe its bigger than we think?

Deinocheirus is thought to be related to gallimimus, as the skeleton exhibits similar structures...They think it is about 40 feet long, and if it is related to deinocheirus, then it is an omnivore/insectivore.

Yep...Not fully insectivore...More of an omnivore also.

That's a derned big insectivore. But hell, the biggest whales only eat tiny little shrimp, so it's not like it never happens. Still, it must have eaten a LOT of insects.