Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More than 3M IVF Babies Born

frogfish

More than 3m babies born from IVF

By Caroline Ryan

BBC News, Prague

Treatment is less accessible in the UK

Fertility treatment has resulted in more than three million births worldwide since Louise Brown was born in the UK 28 years ago, experts report.

But European rankings for 2003 show the UK came 12th out of 15 in terms of the number of cycles it provided.

Only Austria, Croatia and Macedonia provided fewer cycles.

The report authors told a European fertility conference this was due to poor funding, too few clinics and difficulty accessing services.

Providing less than one cycle per couple, as the UK does, is grossly insufficient

Professor Anders Nyboe Andersen

How Europe performs

The data on IVF across Europe was collated by the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

It showed the UK gives 633 cycles of IVF treatment per million people in the population, compared to the highest in Europe - 2,031 in Denmark.

Over half of treatments in 2003 across Europe used ICSI (intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection), mainly used to treat male infertility.

Long waits

Professor Anders Nyboe Andersen, who wrote the report, said the UK could do much more to help couples access fertility care.

"It's not just about cost. In Denmark, you only have to wait three months before you can start IVF. And there is good clinic coverage, geographically.

"Providing less than one cycle per couple, as the UK does, is grossly insufficient. And people have to wait for at least a year."

Ten thousand babies have been born in the UK after IVF treatment.

It is estimated that one child in every primary school year in the UK was conceived through IVF.

Data on assisted reproduction worldwide was also presented at the Prague conference.

Fifty-two countries submitted data for 2002, covering around two thirds of IVF provided in that year.

Extrapolating from the data they had, the researchers calculated 200,000 babies were born using ART in 2002 - a vast increase on the 30,000 in 1989.

Data on the number of IVF cycles provided showed that Israel came top, providing 3,263 per million people, while Latin American countries typically provided fewer than 100 per million.

Inequalities

Dr Jacques de Mouzon, a member of the team which compiled the study, said: "There is a real inequality between different countries, and this is due to money.

"Some countries provide free cycles of IVF while, in others, couples cannot have ART unless they pay for it, for example through medical insurance."

Suzi Leather, chair of the UK's Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority, said: "I want to see proper access to treatment for patients.

"I would like to see the government follow through on its stated desire to fully implement full National Institute for health and Clinical Excellence guidelines."

Clare Brown, chief executive of Infertility Network UK, said: "It is totally unacceptable that most other European countries have better service provision for infertility patients than the UK, where IVF was pioneered.

"Infertility treatment has for too long been seen as a low priority, failing couples who face the devastating impact this illness has on a daily basis.

"We hope the UK government feels a sense of shame at these figures, and takes immediate action to ensure that the NICE guideline is fully implemented as quickly as possible.

DoH referred back to their line from the Ledger story - ie most PCTs provide one cycle and they are listening to patients' views.

IVF TREATMENT (2003)

Country Cycles/million people

Denmark 2,031

Belgium 1,682

Finland 1,503

Iceland 1,434

Sweden 1,322

Slovenia 1,288

Germany 1,242

Norway 1,172

Netherlands 1,093

France 1,009

Switzerland 785

UK 633

Croatia 611

Austria 602

Macedonia 186

Source: ESHRE (European IVF Monitoring)

Link

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• Ravinar

• frogfish

• Nxt2Hvn

This is GREAT news for people like me and my hubby... because for us to ever have a family it will take IVF.

We are actually working on coming up with the money right now and hope to do IVF in a few months. (Gonna cost between $10,000 and $15,000 - and insurance does not cover :(

Thanks for posting this frog... I will keep you guys posted and let you know if it works for us or not.

~Nxt

This is GREAT news for people like me and my hubby... because for us to ever have a family it will take IVF.

We are actually working on coming up with the money right now and hope to do IVF in a few months. (Gonna cost between $10,000 and $15,000 - and insurance does not cover :(

Thanks for posting this frog... I will keep you guys posted and let you know if it works for us or not.

~Nxt

Nxt...girl I think you have great plans and you are what i call somone that deserves a kid...I hope you get your wish and I wish you all the luck in the world :wub:

well i know i'm going to get shot down for this but..... IVF is 100% completely and utterly pointless. in fact its harmful. there are already to many babys being born the old fashion way to cause overpopulation problems. we really don't need any more. :no: not only that but there are so many good kids that are in need of loving homes IVF steals away the chances that any of them have of ever being adopted. Nxt2Hvn if really want a child then you should just adopt one . those who go get IVF are just being selfish and adding on to the problems of the world.

well i know i'm going to get shot down for this but..... IVF is 100% completely and utterly pointless. in fact its harmful. there are already to many babys being born the old fashion way to cause overpopulation problems. we really don't need any more. :no: not only that but there are so many good kids that are in need of loving homes IVF steals away the chances that any of them have of ever being adopted. Nxt2Hvn if really want a child then you should just adopt one . those who go get IVF are just being selfish and adding on to the problems of the world.

Well you are male one of the very few that dont understand and have no clue..as IVF has been proven to HELP those moms that do in fact have trouble concieving...they want a baby SO SO BAD..ONE OF THEIR OWN..LIKE ANY MOTHER......IVF gives mother HOPE and it nearly always (plz note I said nearly...meaning not ALL the time) WORKS...this brings good news to those moms that have tried and tried so so long and hard...those poor wannabe moms that have had misscarriage after misscarriage..and felt heartbroken and felt as though they have failed...hey I have been there..trust me...I thought if I where to loose another child..I too would have to go for IVF...it was my second option...

For those of you that have been down this road and FULLY understand (unlike some) then if your doctor has advised you to do this..and if your heart is set on it...GO FOR IT...after all a lot of wannabe mothers/parent want to have -THEIR OWN KIDS I have watched so so many programmes on this...how some parents would give ANYTHING for a child of their own..they sit and wonder what it would be like...I admire these people for the fact they DONT GIVE UP.....IVF is NOT POINTLESS..so Nxt...if you have thought about it and you want a baby of your own so badly..then look into this...and ignore any man(the ones that dont understand and havent done this before) ... that has no clue what it is like to want a child so badly and to know what its like to give birth....follow your own heart :tu:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well you are male one of the very few that dont understand and have no clue..as IVF has been proven to HELP those moms that do in fact have trouble concieving...they want a baby SO SO BAD..ONE OF THEIR OWN..LIKE ANY MOTHER......IVF gives mother HOPE and it nearly always (plz note I said nearly...meaning not ALL the time) WORKS...this brings good news to those moms that have tried and tried so so long and hard...those poor wannabe moms that have had misscarriage after misscarriage..and felt heartbroken and felt as though they have failed...hey I have been there..trust me...I thought if I where to loose another child..I too would have to go for IVF...it was my second option...

For those of you that have been down this road and FULLY understand (unlike some) then if your doctor has advised you to do this..and if your heart is set on it...GO FOR IT...after all a lot of wannabe mothers/parent want to have -THEIR OWN KIDS I have watched so so many programmes on this...how some parents would give ANYTHING for a child of their own..they sit and wonder what it would be like...I admire these people for the fact they DONT GIVE UP.....IVF is NOT POINTLESS..so Nxt...if you have thought about it and you want a baby of your own so badly..then look into this...and ignore any man(the ones that dont understand and havent done this before) ... that has no clue what it is like to want a child so badly and to know what its like to give birth....follow your own heart :tu:

like i said selfish :rolleyes: the feeling to have children of there own is nothing more then a gene driven urge. basically there thinking with there sex origins rather then there brain. I implore you Nxt2Hvn use that great gift of reason and adopt! you will be giving a good child ( WHO IS ALREADY HERE IN THIS WORLD ) a kind and loving home :tu:

Edited by Ravinar

like i said selfish :rolleyes: the feeling to have children of there own is nothing more then a gene driven urge. basically there thinking with there sex origins rather then there brain. I implore you Nxt2Hvn use that great gift of reason and adopt! you will be giving a good child ( WHO IS ALREADY HERE IN THIS WORLD ) a kind and loving home :tu:

WTF are you rolling your eyes at??? HOW OLD ARE YOU??20?? 21?? A lot of Guys your age havent even BEGUN to settle down yet, let alone concider children...so explain what makes you the expert...and what gives you the right to comment on this...as it is a serious issue...and it has worked wonders for many many many different parents??? :hmm:WHO ARE NOT SELFISH How can a mother be selfish??? to want to give herself a chance to have her own kid...for ALL the right reasons??? :hmm: .....and to add to that..what would you know about the want and the need to so baddly have a child??? If you have never been in that situation dont comment on something you know clean sweet FA about :rolleyes: I swear, why is it that some guys (SOME not all) think they know it all when it comes to having children....when most of these lil guys havent even fully grew up themselves...they have barely entered adulthood...and they make some of the most silliest of statements....

My motto is...if you have been down this road for REAL...if you know what and how it REALLY feels like...only then you can comment....if not...user posted image

The only time parents need to adopt is if they have a love for children...and feel the need to give a baby a new loving home...and to add to that..if the IVF has failed..and there is no other hope...

Anyhoo I think Nxt has already considered IVF...her post seemed serious..and she is after all a woman that knows what she wants...good for you Nxt :tu:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

. basically there thinking with there sex origins rather then there brain.

Ok this you have to explain??? How is this so???

When I wanted to become a mother and had tried for over a year...are you saying I was thinking with the sex organs ??? and I wasnt thinking of raising my own kid?? Explain...give an expert opinion...meaning an opinion that comes from YOU...not off a website

All of those parents male and female...that have PLANNED their kid...do so for ALL the right reasons, that means a lot to them.....so are you one of those that have tried in the past?? after all you are so QUICK to throw judgement?? so I take it you have tried...havent you?? And when you tried you failed?? did you?? So tell me...where did you adopt this kid of yours??? cuz from the way you are talking...you have been there done that :huh: ..do share it with us

Edited by Beckys_Mom

You don't know me Ravinar....

Adoption is an option for us... I am myself adopted and was blessed with the best parents anyone could ever have!

Of course... me and my hubby would love to have a child of our own... especially since I do not know of anyone that shares the same DNA that I do.

You do not know what that is like. I have no one to compare my looks, or personallity to. My first option of course would be to carry and bond with my own biological child ... as I am sure every woman would like to do.

Adoption is not an easy task either.. people think that it's like going to the dog pound and picking one out to adopt.... it's not...it is a long process... and it's amazing how hard it is to offer a child a great forever home...

And also because of my own personal adoption... which BTW is a closed adoption in a state that still has strict adoption laws, if I can't get medical history out of my adoption records (like parents and grandparents)... then I might not be able to adopt.

So don't go on ranting acting like you know my intentions... because you don't! :tu:

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

Ok this you have to explain??? How is this so???

When I wanted to become a mother and had tried for over a year...are you saying I was thinking with the sex organs ??? and I wasnt thinking of raising my own kid?? Explain...give an expert opinion...meaning an opinion that comes from YOU...not off a website

All of those parents male and female...that have PLANNED their kid...do so for ALL the right reasons, that means a lot to them.....so are you one of those that have tried in the past?? after all you are so QUICK to throw judgement?? so I take it you have tried...havent you?? And when you tried you failed?? did you?? So tell me...where did you adopt this kid of yours??? cuz from the way you are talking...you have been there done that :huh: ..do share it with us

ok first of its like i said the want to have a child of your own is nothing more then a gene driven urge. the urge to reproduce and to pass your genes on to the next generation. it is thee most fudimental instinct of all life. that is your bodys ultimate goal in life. so of course there are going to be very powerful emotions attached to them. the trick is to see it for what it really is. your hole argument against me is baste on that one fundamental instinct. it increases overpopulation and steals homes away from children who are already here. to answer your question no i have never tryed to have kids i'm not even married. more then likely you will holed that against me. but let me ask you isn't the hole point of having a child to be that childs love giver and care provider? to teach that child right from wrong and to love that child with every ounce of your being? to teach that child what its like to love and to give love in return? how is this not accomplishable with adoption?

Edited by Ravinar

Ravinar...Do you even have children of your own? Don't go and telling people what to do and that they are selfish for wanting a child of their own...

Those are the kinds of sayings that gets people shot :)

Ravinar...Do you even have children of your own? Don't go and telling people what to do and that they are selfish for wanting a child of their own...

LOL Frogfish... you will notice.. he didn't even reply to my posts ^_^

ok first of its like i said the want to have a child of your own is nothing more then a gene driven urge.

No it's not...It is something one thinks about long and hard...speaking clearly on those that plan for kids....I used to hate the very thoughts of it...I didnt care if my bilogical clock was ticking...I had no time for kids PERIOD....What goes around ..does in fact come around...for all of those times when I blurtted out the words -- I WILL NEVER HAVE KIDS EVER...right the whole way throughout my 20's..I said it over and over again..what happened?? -- NEVER SAY NEVER...I woke up on morning went to work..and for some reason, I had begun to pay more attention...then I sat and thought about it...I thought long and hard..do I or dont I??I even weighed up the pro's and cons...

It was a hard decission to make...a tough one to make..cuz I knew this decission would change my life for ever...so you see it all came from my own thoughts...not a gene driven urge...

but let me ask you isn't the hole point of having a child to be that childs love giver and care provider?

YES...when I kept failing over and over again..I prayed long and hard to be given another chance...my reasons where this..

To raise a child of MY OWN...

To watch it grow

To teach it things in life

To help it educate the child

To give it a better loving and caring life than I ever had

To show encurragment when ever he/she needs it

Do watch over him or her

To PROTECT him/her

To be responcible for bringing another decent kind smart fun loving human being into this world...these where the reasons I had in mind...this is what I told God in my prayers....I still believe in them...always will...

no i have never tryed to have kids i'm not even married. more then likely you will holed that against me.

I figured you wernt married and you where still really young...but I cant hold the fact you are young against you..what I can hold against you is..you havent taken the time out, to at least TRY and figure out as to WHY Both men and women...want to have their OWN child...if you took the time to understand it all..then you would think a lil differently

how is this not accomplishable with adoption?

When did I EVER say it wasnt?? :hmm: I told Nxt ..that if a parent wants a child so badly...and they have tried everything to have one of their own...giving the same reasons that I have...then they will adopt and when they addopt a child...they are what I call truly deserving of kids...I admire ANYONE that adopts...the reasons for adopting are no different than MY reasons for wanting my own kid...6 - 1 half a dozen the other...

Bare in mind..a few that do adopt...only do so because they dont want to have babies of teir own..some movie stars have adopted kids, they claim that they fear loosing their perfect shape...ohh yes that is true..also that they really love the idea of having kids

The sec you meet someone and settle down with them..trust me when I tell you this...your WHOLE outlook on kids will change...you will find yourself thinknig differently..I know I DID...you cant tell me you wont..cuz you dont know

There is nothing selfish about wanting your OWN kid...nothing what so ever...its only natural for any parent to want their own

BUT..when a couple adopts..they ALSO (like myself) do it with the right reasons...I know for a fact...I had all the right reasons...and as I took so long to think about it...my reasons are no fifferent than those that adopt

If I try to have a baby again and fail ..and nothing helps me...I will adopt....If I could afford to raise more and more kids...I would do so...the thought of either helping a lil one experience a good life, by rescuing it from its rotten parents..s rewarding and is special...Giving a kid a chance in life to grow..if it has lost its mother...then that too is rewarding to say the least....I love kids..I never thought I would say those words...but I do love them

No it's not...It is something one thinks about long and hard...speaking clearly on those that plan for kids....I used to hate the very thoughts of it...I didnt care if my bilogical clock was ticking...I had no time for kids PERIOD....What goes around ..does in fact come around...for all of those times when I blurtted out the words -- I WILL NEVER HAVE KIDS EVER...right the whole way throughout my 20's..I said it over and over again..what happened?? -- NEVER SAY NEVER...I woke up on morning went to work..and for some reason, I had begun to pay more attention...then I sat and thought about it...I thought long and hard..do I or dont I??I even weighed up the pro's and cons...

It was a hard decission to make...a tough one to make..cuz I knew this decission would change my life for ever...so you see it all came from my own thoughts...not a gene driven urge...

i remember hearing some were that a women is most sexually stimulated daring her 30's and 40's. much like men are in there teens and 20's. its a little odd you started thinking about having kids right around that time :hmm: the urge to reproduce can cloud ones judgment. believe me i have seen it before plenty of times.

YES...when I kept failing over and over again..I prayed long and hard to be given another chance...my reasons where this..

To raise a child of MY OWN...

To watch it grow

To teach it things in life

To help it educate the child

To give it a better loving and caring life than I ever had

To show encurragment when ever he/she needs it

Do watch over him or her

To PROTECT him/her

To be responcible for bringing another decent kind smart fun loving human being into this world...these where the reasons I had in mind...this is what I told God in my prayers....I still believe in them...always will...

its interesting to note that your first reason was to have a child of your own. this completely shows that you were under the influence of that one most powerful instinct to reproduce and pass on your genes. all the other reasons you gave were branch offs of that one reason. your belief in the divine and preying to your god for help is some thing that humans have ben doing for tens of thousands of years. it all leads back to that one root cause the instinct to pass on your genes. for all are advancements we humans are still nothing more then animals.

I figured you wernt married and you where still really young...but I cant hold the fact you are young against you..what I can hold against you is..you havent taken the time out, to at least TRY and figure out as to WHY Both men and women...want to have their OWN child...if you took the time to understand it all..then you would think a lil differently

i have taken the time to think about this. me and you merely looked at it from two different perspectives. you used emotional reasoning i used scientific reasoning. thus are two paths gave rise to are opposing views.

The sec you meet someone and settle down with them..trust me when I tell you this...your WHOLE outlook on kids will change...you will find yourself thinknig differently..I know I DID...you cant tell me you wont..cuz you dont know

well of course your hole out look on kids will change when you settle down and get married. the opportunity to pass on your genes is far more plentiful then it has ever ben in your life when your married. your offspring have a much greater chance of surviving when they have two parents raising them instead of one as well. your genes know this so your urge to reproduce gos into hyper drive and like i said the urge to reproduce can cloud ones judgment.

Edited by Ravinar

well i know i'm going to get shot down for this but..... IVF is 100% completely and utterly pointless. in fact its harmful. there are already to many babys being born the old fashion way to cause overpopulation problems. we really don't need any more. :no: not only that but there are so many good kids that are in need of loving homes IVF steals away the chances that any of them have of ever being adopted.

:tu:

But if everyone start to adpot.. than contuining their gene.. then there will be so many who ready to bring lot of orphan to this world.. especially men will be happy.. only women knows what exactly it will look like.. in that case.. everyone will forget parenting responisble after sex.. ultimatly someone going to take care of your child.

You don't know me Ravinar....

Adoption is an option for us... I am myself adopted and was blessed with the best parents anyone could ever have!

Of course... me and my hubby would love to have a child of our own... especially since I do not know of anyone that shares the same DNA that I do.

You do not know what that is like. I have no one to compare my looks, or personallity to. My first option of course would be to carry and bond with my own biological child ... as I am sure every woman would like to do.

well if you were adopted then i would assume that you understand how important it is. i mean can you imagine what your life would be like if you were never adopted? i have personally met such kids and most of them turned out pritty ****** up. that is why i take such strong issue with this. i'm sorry if i offended you.

Adoption is not an easy task either.. people think that it's like going to the dog pound and picking one out to adopt.... it's not...it is a long process... and it's amazing how hard it is to offer a child a great forever home...

And also because of my own personal adoption... which BTW is a closed adoption in a state that still has strict adoption laws, if I can't get medical history out of my adoption records (like parents and grandparents)... then I might not be able to adopt.

i'm sorry to hear that. i hade no idea how stupidly hard it was to adopt.

you know that is the kind of talk i would expect to come out of a communists mouth <_<

p.s. i'm not calling you a communists i'm just implying that you think about what you said.

:tu:

But if everyone start to adpot.. than contuining their gene.. then there will be so many who ready to bring lot of orphan to this world.. especially men will be happy.. only women knows what exactly it will look like.. in that case.. everyone will forget parenting responisble after sex.. ultimatly someone going to take care of your child.

yes your right. such is the fault of man kind. in the proses of fixing one problem you make another

i remember hearing some were that a women is most sexually stimulated daring her 30's and 40's. much like men are in there teens and 20's. its a little odd you started thinking about having kids right around that time blah blah yack I dont know diddly squat cuz nobody love me blah blah user posted image blah spew up blah

I didnt have to...having kids is a choice too for a lot of people...sinse you have NO CLUE as to what you are trying to spit out at the rest of us...me thinks you need to shut up and either listen to those WITH EXPERIENCE (that happens to be more than what you have lol)

or just shut up...hey im sure you are used to those words lol

You clearly couldnt give a rats **** about having kids..you sound like some lil boy who has felt as though his mommy didnt want him...every last post you have made paints that picture...and I am serious...because CLEARLY you have just entered this thread to ...user posted image and ranting is all you have done...you have bored the living crap out of me with your silly nonsense....you did say you would be shot down thats WHY you made those silly comments...KNOWING it would come to this.......ohh you wont give up either...this is just how PREDICTABLE you are...I'll lay any money you will keep coming back to this thread to tarnish it with your idiotic statements...letting EVERYONE KNOW you don't have a clue...ohh this is true you WILL DO THIS...watch this space folks...lets see how long it will be before he comes in again to SPEW up more insults and more idiotic responces

You are what we call easy...so easy.and yet you cracked on about adopting a kid..is the best option...you MUST have figured it was as easy as to go down to your local pound and take your pick...you had NO CLUE how hard it really is for a lot of people....maybe you need to read up on the want for kids..and adoption...not to forget you SHOULD read up on IVF treatment too...no offence but every last post I have read from you is just a RANT..you havent shown us that you have ANY knowledge whatso ever.....I am serious..you havent....I have spoke through experiences..you have spoken through........your ...Blah blah* showing NO CLUE on this topic...if it where a live debate you would be laughed off...no joke

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I didnt have to...having kids is a choice too for a lot of people...sinse you have NO CLUE as to what you are trying to spit out at the rest of us...me thinks you need to shut up and either listen to those WITH EXPERIENCE (that happens to be more than what you have lol)

or just shut up...hey im sure you are used to those words lol

You clearly couldnt give a rats **** about having kids..you sound like some lil boy who has felt as though his mommy didnt want him...every last post you have made paints that picture...and I am serious...because CLEARLY you have just entered this thread to ...user posted image and ranting is all you have done...you have bored the living crap out of me with your silly nonsense....you did say you would be shot down thats WHY you made those silly comments...KNOWING it would come to this.......ohh you wont give up either...this is just how PREDICTABLE you are...I'll lay any money you will keep coming back to this thread to tarnish it with your idiotic statements...letting EVERYONE KNOW you don't have a clue...ohh this is true you WILL DO THIS...watch this space folks...lets see how long it will be before he comes in again to SPEW up more insults and more idiotic responces

You are what we call easy...so easy.and yet you cracked on about adopting a kid..is the best option...you MUST have figured it was as easy as to go down to your local pound and take your pick...you had NO CLUE how hard it really is for a lot of people....maybe you need to read up on the want for kids..and adoption...not to forget you SHOULD read up on IVF treatment too...no offence but every last post I have read from you is just a RANT..you havent shown us that you have ANY knowledge whatso ever.....I am serious..you havent....I have spoke through experiences..you have spoken through........your ...Blah blah* showing NO CLUE on this topic...if it where a live debate you would be laughed off...no joke

hhhhmmm :hmm: kind of figured you'd be p***ed :rolleyes: humans don't like to be exposed for the insecure little creatures that we are :sleepy:

oh and by the way would you mind keeping your bad attitude to this topic? its a little immature to tell you the truth :rolleyes:

hhhhmmm :hmm: kind of figured you'd be p***ed :rolleyes: humans don't like to be exposed for the insecure little creatures that we are :sleepy:

oh and by the way would you mind keeping your bad attitude to this topic? its a little immature to tell you the truth :rolleyes:

LOL |TOLD YA you would come back to rant some more...like I said..you are predictable loluser posted image

MY bad attitude you say?? towards this topic?? LOL DUDE WAKEY WAKEY...I have NO bad attitude towards this topic..I SUPPORT this topic..I SUPPORT those moms & dads out there that WANT THEIR OWN KID...I also support those who want to adopt..I SUPPORTED Nxt.......un like you..you called them ALL selfish...you seemed to think that to adopt, one must go to the city pound and do an "ennie, meenie, minie, MO..I'll have ...ummmmm that one...it has blue eyes..just like me" :w00t:

you have no clue what is involved in adopting a child...just in the same way you have no clue what is involed and how two parents think..when they want to undergo IVF...you cant speak for everyone...but heck you do try..and like you said in your 1st post...you got shot down...if it had of been a real face to face discussion..in a room FULL of wannabe parents..you would be the one spotted on the stretcher..with two ambulance men taking you on a trip!!!

I can just picture you asa doctor, working in a hospital...on the door of an IVF treatment room..it would read... - IVF Treatment...for those of you who are selfish!!! <--can you just imagine the outrage ...the mocking...the news reports of this idiotic sign???....

Do yourself a fav..and adopt a clue :sleepy:

Edited by Beckys_Mom

LOL |TOLD YA you would come back to rant some more...like I said..you are predictable loluser posted image

MY bad attitude you say?? towards this topic?? LOL DUDE WAKEY WAKEY...I have NO bad attitude towards this topic..I SUPPORT this topic..I SUPPORT those moms & dads out there that WANT THEIR OWN KID...I also support those who want to adopt..I SUPPORTED Nxt.......un like you..you called them ALL selfish...you seemed to think that to adopt, one must go to the city pound and do an "ennie, meenie, minie, MO..I'll have ...ummmmm that one...it has blue eyes..just like me" :w00t:

you have no clue what is involved in adopting a child...just in the same way you have no clue what is involed and how two parents think..when they want to undergo IVF...you cant speak for everyone...but heck you do try..and like you said in your 1st post...you got shot down...if it had of been a real face to face discussion..in a room FULL of wannabe parents..you would be the one spotted on the stretcher..with two ambulance men taking you on a trip!!!

I can just picture you asa doctor, working in a hospital...on the door of an IVF treatment room..it would read... - IVF Treatment...for those of you who are selfish!!! <--can you just imagine the outrage ...the mocking...the news reports of this idiotic sign???....

Do yourself a fav..and adopt a clue :sleepy:

yep its just me doing all the ranting here :rolleyes: as for your more that blatantly apparent immaturity i was referring to this http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=73417 and as for your question what is this topic about i would suggest reading the original post to find that out ;):rofl:

yep its just me doing all the ranting here :rolleyes: as for your more that blatantly apparent immaturity i was referring to this http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=73417 and as for your question what is this topic about i would suggest reading the original post to find that out ;):rofl:

Seriously...what has that got to do with this???....like I said...do yourself a fav, and adopt a clue

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Ravinar, I have to say your posts in this thread are on the edge of delusion...

Who the funt are you to tell nxt that she shouldn't have IVF treatment? I'm a guy and I can safely say you don't speak for me!!! You have absolutely no idea about childbirth AT ALL. I too used to think adoption was a better way to raise kids... But thankfully I saw past that and now... well I just am telling you you have no idea what you are saying.

Parents want their own children, their blood because that's part of the miracle... to feel another life growing inside you...

i remember hearing some were that a women is most sexually stimulated daring her 30's and 40's. much like men are in there teens and 20's. its a little odd you started thinking about having kids right around that time hmm.gif the urge to reproduce can cloud ones judgment. believe me i have seen it before plenty of times.

WTF???? are you saying that women have children because of sexual urges? what in Order's name does THAT have to do with anything? women give birth, not because of a sexual urge but because they want to give birth... jesus... This is antiintellectualism if I ever saw it. and one last thing... if you're so for adopting kids, practice what you preach and do it yourself!!!

To nxt: I just want to wish you all the best. You truely deserve happiness in your life, and you'll be a great mom! Take Care for all of us here