Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What would be the effect?

crookedass

Hey! Sorry if this is in the wrong place but i had this thought and i wanted to get other peoples opinions on it.

My question is: What would be the effect on you were in a spaceship out in space looking at planet earth? Would it change you ? It would be weird thinking "That's my home. In that planet. Theres millions of deaths, births every second, but i'm here on this space ship having a good time."

i don't think i can explain it very good. but i really think that it would change me. just looking at earth and all the other planets.

thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crookedass

• Raptor

• MID

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Sorry if this is in the wrong place but i had this thought and i wanted to get other peoples opinions on it.

My question is: What would be the effect on you were in a spaceship out in space looking at planet earth? Would it change you ? It would be weird thinking "That's my home. In that planet. Theres millions of deaths, births every second, but i'm here on this space ship having a good time."

i don't think i can explain it very good. but i really think that it would change me. just looking at earth and all the other planets.

thanks

I think if you could speak to the men and women who have actually been in that position, especially the Apollo astronauts who saw the Earth from a great distance, you would find that all of them were changed by the experience in various ways.

You would not be alone. Even Alan Shepard, the proto-typical tough Navy Test Pilot/ Astronaut, our first man in space, and commander of Apollo 14 in 1971, wept upon contemplating the Earth from his vantage point out at the moon...

I would be amazed if anyone could be placed in the position of looking at our world from deep space and claim not to be changed somehow.

I think it would change you too!