Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evil Picture?

Darklight_1248

Don't know if this posted before, but i found this interesting

Here's the story behide it

Take a look at the picture above, I recently discovered this image and its tale in a korean publicaion.

The story is this, in Japan shortly before a teenage girl comitted suicide, she drew this picture, scanned it and posted it online. In korea this story broke out and it spread like wildfire. There are various posts around in korean forums that say that the viewer gets drawn to the girls blue eyes, they say they can detect a hint of wraith and sadness within the eyes. Maybe the girl had died with so much sadness and anger that her spirit haunts the image, or maybe the image provoke sadness, similar to the song 'Gloomy Sunday'.

The freaky bit is this, they say it is hard for a person to stare into the girls eyes for longer than 5 minutes, there are reports that some people have taken their own lives after doing so. People say the picture changes, as you view it there is a hint of a growing taunting smirk appearing on the girls lips or a dark ring grows around the girl or her eyes.

One thing is for sure, the picture has sparked a curiosity in me that I must find out, i do feel a presence when I look at the image, whether it is evil or not I can not judge. I would like to know what the global online community feels and maybe even experts in art would be able to resolve why the eyes of this image can draw the viewer in so deeply?

Here's the link to the picture.

Evil Pic

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coldethyl

• MadMachine

• gryffin1

• Hugh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW, I looked at the pic, and i didn't find it "evil" but i found it kinda of "strange".

I think the reason one is drawn to looking at her eyes are because they are a startling blue colour. One would naturally be drawn to such a bright focal point when the rest of the colours are a bit washed out. The blurring effect of the picture may give seers a sense of vertigo and perhaps thats what the off feeling was. I did not feel anything off when looking at it, other than it is very pleasing to the eye.

IMO staring at anything for more than 5 minutes would lead to a disorientating experience.

edit: spelling

Edited by BuyMeAPony

BTW, I looked at the pic, and i didn't find it "evil" but i found it kinda of "strange".

i just looked at her eyes for more than 5 minutes and nothing has happened. But it is a nice trick to attract your attention to here eyes because the rest of the picture is dull and then there is just the eye's that have a bright striking colour so it easily attracts the attention.

Edited by chaoszerg

It didn't seem evil to me, but maybe I'm wrong... :hmm:

It's a gorgeous picture, but other than that, there's nothing strange about it to me!

Well, maybe me saying i found it strange was wrong wording. I think what i meant to say is that i found it penetrating.

BTW, When i fist saw the pic it kinda remind me of " The Ring" the japan version. Anybody agree?

I was already all worked up getting ready to see something disturbing based on the article. I suppose the only thing I really felt was relieved. I agree though the picture is penetrating but most art is supposed to make an impact. This picture looks like the work of an artist who for the life of me I cant remember.

I was already all worked up getting ready to see something disturbing based on the article. I suppose the only thing I really felt was relieved. I agree though the picture is penetrating but most art is supposed to make an impact. This picture looks like the work of an artist who for the life of me I cant remember.

lol when i first saw it for some strange reason i thought of world of warcraft

There are a couple of things that make me think this is some kind of hoax/or chain letter

1. The girl in the picture; IMO don't look japanese ( not many japanese people have blue eyes either) Then again she could be mixed. Who knows?

2. The picture looks too animated

I agree it's not evil; just strange

The picture was drawn using a program like photoshop. The artist's signature is along the side of the girl's head. The only reason people are drawn to it is like others said, the contrast between the dull background and the vibrant blue eyes. You'll see that used everywhere in art. Another thing is that the artist made no effort to tone down one of the eyes. This is typically considered a bad thing in art, because it causes the viewer's attention to constantly be drawn back and forth between the two eyes. You'll notice in most paintings, one of the eyes of a figure is either darkened or blurred so as to avoid that. Nothing spooky about it.

It made me think of those Final Fantasy movies and games my kids are always making me look at.

It made me think of those Final Fantasy movies and games my kids are always making me look at.

It reminds me of those old velvet paintings of the mexican kids with big eyes you would normally find at a garage sale.... and not selling well.

A rather gorgeous painting..

But I got the chills when looking and studying it for a moment?

:[ Donno' why..Probably just me?But I donno',

It is a bit creepy..

She's a great drawerer aswell! No thanks this story is a load of c**p. No one has a scanner that good!!

Whilst i was looking at it i thought it may be one of those animated pictures that make you jump after 30 seconds of looking at it! By turning into a horrific face :cry:

It wasnt! :D

Not sure about the story though, i think i may investigate

the greatest art in all the world is that which causes controversy and commences discussion among the pal who have seen it. *cough* did someone mention Mona Lisas smile.... this art is a success in mt eyes...

I don't believe in ghost or spirits or souls or anything of that nature. Demons and stuff included. But I'll tell you right now that is one of the most horrific pictures i have ever seen. I saw the picture before i new she commited sucide. But if you spent that many hours on that picture who wouldn't go insane.

I'm not saying it some how is special but scary as living sh** man. Freaked me out. Still is freaking me out and i haven't looked at in an hour. Its like so pefectly drawn that it sticks in your mind no matter how hard i try to get it out.

And i am nota person to normally get so touched by art. Nor am i crazy

That's a beautiful picture...I didn't find anything disturbing about it...but..if you cover up one half and then the other, it's perfectly symetrical....that's unusual in that most 'real-life' faces aren't...I like it. :)

I dunno why it just freaks me out. It might be the fact that if you like at it for a while you can easyly know how she would look older, sader, younger, happier. Its like 50 50 on every aspect and can be seen anyway

if you cover up one half and then the other, it's perfectly symetrical....that's unusual in that most 'real-life' faces aren't...I like it. :)

your right i just cut it up in photoshop and her face it perfecting symetrical to theother side.

It's a beautiful image. Somehow, it seems to move a bit while I'm looking at it. Maybe it's an animated image, and is made to move slightly over time.

Or it could be due to the soft focus effect.

I see nothing odd beyond that.

I don't see anything strage or evil about this picture, I just see a pretty girl, and i stared at it for at least five minutes and could see nothing, the only thing that makes her look even a little sad is the blackness around her eye's as if she was crying but other than that nothing

The only thing that scared me about it was all the stories you posted. Besides that, didn't really look scary to me.

your right i just cut it up in photoshop and her face it perfecting symetrical to theother side.

So that means that it was created on photoshop and the whole story if fake.

I wonder if anybody else ever noticed this.

Edited by Searching for Answers