Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Mothman real? Yes or No?

American Chupacabra

The Mothman  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Is Mothman Real?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dunno'
    • Who is the Mothman?

I've read a lot about the Mothman. My vote -- it's real. But it is a much more complex phenomenon than most people think. the Mothamn could be a classic example of an "Ultraterrestrial" -- a species superior to human beings who exist on earth in a higher dimension, but who occasionally interact with us lowly humans the same way we sometimes interect with chimps or other sub-species.

im with ironghost i believe hes an ultraterrestrial entity and basically just toying with us

lol good to see that discussions from two years back are still being discussed. :rofl:

Mothman real, YES. If you take the time tovisit Point Pleasent for yourself and stay in the area for a while, you'll understand that he had to be real.

user posted image<That's the bridge that later collapsed too.

user posted image

What do you think?

I hate to tell you...But i'm from WV and so is my family on my Mother's side.....This is just a story that was made up to bring tourist into the area.....Yes the Bridge fell.....But the MM had nothing to do with it....Nor was it seen first...... :no::hmm:

• 9 months later...
I hate to tell you...But i'm from WV and so is my family on my Mother's side.....This is just a story that was made up to bring tourist into the area.....Yes the Bridge fell.....But the MM had nothing to do with it....Nor was it seen first...... :no::hmm:

Well, then there's also the stories of how he might me a messenger to report danger. He was seen around the bridge then it collapsed, other people have seen it then crashed their car, so on and so forth. I say that SOMETHING is out there. but I don't think it's a Moth/Man.

Yes I think he is real. Why not ? I'm sure there is alot of things out there that we dont even know about.

can't say for sure, as i have not met him/her/it in person, unfortunately. but something in the back of my head is screaming a "yes". so i'll go with that.

Edited by Shadow Dweller

can't say for sure, as i have not met him/her/it in person, unfortunately. but something in the back of my head is screaming a "yes". so i'll go with that.

I don't know if I'd want to meet him *Shivers*

I belive Mothman exists..... Due to the fact that a flying creature with glowing red eyes that can predict the future has acurred in so many cultures and histories all over the world....

Here's a site that lists all sorts of flying cryptids. It even has Owlman!

Under Mothman, it has an alleged photo of him over Dallas.

Avian Nightmares

linked-image

Edited by Cynocephalus

I don't know if I'd want to meet him *Shivers*

come, come now...where's your sense of adventure

im really not sure,

Abecrombie

• 5 years later...

I'm OBSESSED about Mothman, I totally belive it could be true, I mean, I wouldn't know so I can't say for sure, but I've read the book(many times), searched online, discussed it with many people... who's to say? Mothman could even be some kind of interdimensional being.

If you read some of the original accounts it is more than likely that the mothman is nothing more than mistaken identity of local wildlife (large birds) and in WV and OH we have our fair share of large birds... vultures/cranes/herons/owls. It is just coincidence that the Silver Bridge catastrophe(1967) happened after the alleged sightings occured. Some sightings happened two years(1965) prior to the bridge collapsing.

Edited by Overdueleaf

I vote no. There's been few recorded sightings of him and very little material evidence. Unless I'm mistaken.

Listen to the Monstertalk episode about Mothman. They make a pretty darn good case about it being nothing more than a barred owl. So in that sense, Mothman was real, it just wasn't a moth or a man or any combination of the two.

Here's a link to the mp3

I think we are dealing with much more than the Mothman in West Virginia. From the descriptions of the people who sighted it I would classify it a possibly 'magical' creature possessing paranormal abilities. But that is just me.

• Like 1

The whole Mothman legend was fabricated by John Keel to sell a book. 99% of the stuff in his Mothman book was fictional.

• Like 1

After having read up on it for years, I vote yes. I've also had similar occurances..

Edited by NikkiAidyn

.... I've also had similar occurances..

you have had personal experience with the mothman? please share.. did he warn you of any impending doom?.. or is it still too early to tell.. afterall it took up to two years fromt he beginning of the sightings in PP to when the bridge actually collapsed

• Like 1

you have had personal experience with the mothman? please share.. did he warn you of any impending doom?.. or is it still too early to tell.. afterall it took up to two years fromt he beginning of the sightings in PP to when the bridge actually collapsed

I never said I had personal experience with mothman, I said I had similar occurances. Similar occurances that justify why I myself think it is real; something personal I don't post on UM because I don't need it nitpicked.

• Like 2

What ever happened to butterflywoman. ? :unsure2:

• Like 2

I never said I had personal experience with mothman, I said I had similar occurances. Similar occurances that justify why I myself think it is real; something personal I don't post on UM because I don't need it nitpicked.

It's too bad that even on a forum like this, that's for discussing "unexplained mysteries"... that people feel like this on here... what are a bunch of closed minded twits doing on here scaring off a good story. Damn them! Haha

• Like 1

It's too bad that even on a forum like this, that's for discussing "unexplained mysteries"... that people feel like this on here... what are a bunch of closed minded twits doing on here scaring off a good story. Damn them! Haha

That's a bit rude, don't you think?

I understand your frustration but...I don't think that was necessary.

That's a bit rude, don't you think?

I understand your frustration but...I don't think that was necessary.

Rude, not at all, mostly sarcasm. lol.. sorry to have offended? I guess I haven't quite figured out the sensitivity rate here on UM, but I hardly even thought anything of my post ... you shouldn't either(especially if you aren't a closed minded twit). :]

Edit!

Actually.. I have to say, if you think this is rude, I think you read my post incorrectly, maybe not! But I see nothing rude about what I posted here. I was simply stating that for a site, where such mysteries should be discussed, it's too bad to see that there are enough people running around on here nit-picking things apart so badly that it makes people(such as NikkiAidyn)feel too uncomfurtable to share their stories, that's what this forum site is all about, am I wrong?? If after my explanation you think that it's still rude, well... idk what to tell ya mate!

Edited by oddiumxwanderus