Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Re: do we exist?

Homer

Ghostboo,

You asked us what we think, but haven't you heard that old phrase "I think, therefore I am"? We all can see, hear, taste, touch and smell, and we have emotions and memories. So how can you even ask that question? If this is all our imagination, then it would have to be EVERYONE elses imagination as well. Also, if this is our imagination we would have to exist to imagine it.

A better question to ask is what is our purpose or origins or something, but not IF we exist.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• odinsupreme

• Kira

• Mystify

• PurpleStuart

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Once upon a time, I, Chuang-tzu, dreamt I was a butterfly, flittering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly... suddenly I awoke... Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man."

How do we know if we are in a dream or not right now? How do we know that our current life isn't just a dream that we will wake up from into a higher reality when we die?

well... I know I exist. Whether or not this realm is the real one.... this is the one for which I know exist and live for. If for anyreason after my body dies and I move on to the next state of mind, body and soul and there is somewhere else to go.... THAT will be my knew realm of existance. As for now this is it.   I am here now and that`s all I know.

:sj

in this idea  though another thought comes to mind if we exist for someone else or as in' the matrix' we exist purely for energy would you want to the 'red pill' to find the truth.... at least i think it was the red pill? :sr

If I don't exist, SO WHAT! I live the way I like it.

Odin S. :s9

We all exist in as much as we think we exist.

It is, as homer points out, a moot question as Humankind invented the word "exist", in whatever language, to describe our existance. "What is our existance?" would be a better question, but one that i feel we won't ever figure out...

:sk in the end though I have to agree with Odin.

As you pointed out P.S it's one questiom we will never work out so as Odin says 'I live the way I like it' :s04