Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Police appeal for calm after machete attack

Xyfer

Mon Jul 17, 8:50 PM

Vancouver police are appealing for witnesses and calm in the wake of a horrific machete attack at a teen party on the weekend.

A 16-year-old youth is recovering in hospital after surgeons worked to re-attach his hand, severed by a machete-wielding assailant, one of several armed men who crashed a house party in East Vancouver. The face of another youth was slashed.

Police know the group associated with the attack, but need witnesses to identify the actual assailants.

However, they're worried that others at the party may seek revenge.

"We are appealing for calm," Const. Tim Fanning said, adding police who spoke with partygoers fear they "know who is responsible for the attack and will deal with it themselves."

Police responded to a fight call around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

"One officer described it as bedlam there," Fanning said.

Teenagers had been drinking, and many were hysterical and yelling, he said.

"There was a large amount of blood inside the house where the attack took place," Fanning said.

Using a police dog, investigators recovered two machetes in bushes near the house, Fanning said.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/17072006/3/cana...ete-attack.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A party gone horribly wrong?

Edited by Xyfer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OlDrippy34

• Xyfer

• MadMachine

• coldethyl

Mon Jul 17, 8:50 PM

A party gone horribly wrong?

Well it certainly sounds very hectic, especially the use of machetes which I wouldn't have thought would be a traditional weapon in urban Canada, or what?

Definitely sounds like a weird revenge thing - why that party, why those people... either planned or horribly, frighteningly random!!! :hmm::o

Edited by Saint

Well it certainly sounds very hectic, especially the use of machetes which I wouldn't have thought would be a traditional weapon in urban Canada, or what?

Definitely sounds like a weird revenge thing - why that party, why those people... either planned or horribly, frighteningly random!!! :hmm::o

Its definately not a traditional weapon and I believe you got something with the revenge thing. I guess more details will be revealed as they make progress in the case. Its highly unlikely that several armed men just crash a party with machetes without a cause. Besides the following statement makes you think..

"However, they're worried that others at the party may seek revenge."

Yes the revenge comment is definitely disturbing. I'd really like to get to the bottom of the reason for the machetes; which are actually a weapon favoured by Africans in their various coups and bloodshedding wars and attacks on each other, historically speaking.

Guest Lottie

Sounds like gang wars to me. As for machetes who knows... it might be their weapon of choice within that group?

Sounds like gang wars to me. As for machetes who knows... it might be their weapon of choice within that group?

MS-13 is a seriously crazy and violent gang that stretches even into Canada. Mainly made up of all illegal immigrant hispanic members they are disturbingly brutal and vicious in their attacks. Their weapon of choice is also the machete. So my best guess would it be one of their members that is behind this as it fits their description. :hmm:

Edited by __Kratos__

Machete-wielding gang chops off 15-year-old's hand

Second youth critical after attack at party

Published: Monday, July 17, 2006

A Vancouver boy had his hand severed in a brutal machete attack early Sunday morning, and another is in intensive care with severe injuries, the uncle of one of the victims said in an interview late Sunday.

David Wilson said his 15-year-old nephew, Joe Wilson, was at a party on Charles Street near Commercial Drive at about 1 a.m. Sunday when four men arrived with three machetes.

"They just came to the door and started swinging," David said. "It's savage. It's one of the most savage things I've ever heard of."

He said the men had come to the party as a result of an earlier altercation that had nothing to do with his nephew, and that Joe was hit because he was standing closest to the door when the men arrived.

Wilson said the man who swung at Joe was aiming for his head; Joe's hand was hit as he raised his arms in defence, David said.

David said the attackers hit Joe in the back of the head with a pipe once he was on the ground.

He also said another boy was badly injured in the attack, and is now in intensive care with a broken upper and lower jaw and smashed teeth.

"It's ugly. It's a pretty ugly situation," he said. "This is a new low as far as I'm concerned."

Doctors at Children's Hospital worked for nine hours to reattach Joe's hand, which was hanging by just some skin when he arrived at hospital.

"The hand was all but severed," said David. "It's a wait-and-see thing. He's got an 80-per-cent chance of mobility."

David said police told him they believe the attack was carried out by an organized gang that police have identified, adding officers told him they do not believe this to be the first time the gang has struck.

On Sunday, Const. Tim Fanning of the Vancouver Police Department confirmed the attack had taken place but said he could give no details.

He said police had spoken to people at the scene but had no details about whether or not any suspects had been identified.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...f44&k=96153

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckily, although I dont think thats the term you would use in this given situation, he put his arms up to stop the machete from reaching his head. He has a 80% chance of using his hand when doctors are done re-attaching it.

"He said the men had come to the party as a result of an earlier altercation that had nothing to do with his nephew"

Why does this sound suspicious? What exactly happened earlier? And just how unlucky was he to be standing so close to the door when the men entered.. Clearly they were looking to kill him if they went on to attack him with a pipe after using a machete to chop off his arm. If they don't have any motives then I really don't understand.. :mellow:

bet it has something to do with drugs, i cant see it being some random attack

maybe somebody took a bad hit of lsd or acid!you some crazy things if

you get the bad stuff,i mean bad things!!!!

bet it has something to do with drugs, i cant see it being some random attack

I disagree about the drug thing, though I do agree it was probably not random. No drug dealer I've ever met would go into a teen party with his associates swinging machetes, it would be terrible for business. You want to go after the person who directly wronged you in whatever way they did, and not try and attract the kind of attention an attack like this entails. You don't go into a party like that unless you plan to leave no one alive.

Or maybe I've just met smarter drug dealers.

I'm sure it's the gang, but it wouldn't surprise me if the culprits were really teens influenced by the most horribly misleading website about ninjas on the planet that seems to encourage the idea of "flipping out" and "killing people for no reason." Gawd I hate that site. <_<

Oh come on, that website's a joke and anyone who can't tell has no business reading it.

It's obvious it's a joke. But this "joke" could still have some effect on stupid kids or drunken teens. :P I think the owner of the site published a book further pushing the BS. :lol:

It's obvious it's a joke. But this "joke" could still have some effect on stupid kids or drunken teens. :P I think the owner of the site published a book further pushing the BS. :lol:

Granted. I can't tell you how many murders I've committed for exactly that reason.

I'm a bad man.

For what reason? o: I'm just sayin' some stupid, already naturally violent kids could see that site as their bible. :D

For the reason that I'm comically and unfortunately misinformed about ninjas. I believe most of them are mammals.

Of course ninjas are mammals. Ninja is peoples too. >_> But I won't comment further on ninjas in this thread. I'm sorry for going off topic.

Of course ninjas are mammals. Ninja is peoples too. >_> But I won't comment further on ninjas in this thread. I'm sorry for going off topic.

Well, in conclusion, I love you. Sir.

Yeah, uh... Same to you buddy. >_>; (sorry, couldn't help replying. I'll shut up with the off-topic posts now. :lol:)

Oh come on, that website's a joke and anyone who can't tell has no business reading it.

I agree with OlDrippy34, the site is a joke, and some folks might just believe the BS on that site.

I agree with OlDrippy34, the site is a joke, and some folks might just believe the BS on that site.

Then I hope they follow through with frisbee seppuku.

I don't understand why there is sites like that around.. joke or not humanity is stupid and naive and a site like that is enough of a motive to send a idiot jumping from his balcony with a sword hanging from his ass. What then? Do you blame the people who created the site? Who takes the responsibility?

I don't understand why there is sites like that around.. joke or not humanity is stupid and naive and a site like that is enough of a motive to send a idiot jumping from his balcony with a sword hanging from his ass. What then? Do you blame the people who created the site? Who takes the responsibility?

You blame the idiot who jumped. He alone has control over his actions. Blaming anyone else for your personal actions is ridiculous. That's like if I told you to light yourself on fire and videotape it for my amusement. If you're dumb enough to do it, you deserve to burn.