Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien head in trees..

Nightwing

out of lurker mode, and into full, accredited membership!

Anyway...I took this picture about 4 months ago, while trying out a new lense on my camera.

The sceptical side of me says it's simply an unusual play of light on some hidden tree trunk..

The "I wanna' believe" side of me says otherwise alien.gif .

So, what do you all think?

My word of honor..nothing done other than to enlarge the unusual part of the photo.

post-34-1066888534.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nightwing

• Benjo Koolzooie

• MoonFox

• Lionel

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awfull big eyes for a normal man..

one of the guys at work thought it looked like a skull!

like I said..no idea.

No body though...at least, none is visable

Awfull big eyes for a normal man..

one of the guys at work thought it looked like a skull!

like I said..no idea.

No body though...at least, none is visable

Could they be sun glasses ?

Can you post a larger original image so we can see what the object is? The magnified object is too pixelated and fuzzy. Thanks

It's really interesting. Was there anything in particular that you were taking the photo of? (besides the trees) Did you have the feeling that you were being watched, because it doesn't look as if It is looking directly at you (hard to tell with such large eyes though). I know when hunting deer that you don't just stare at it, or it will become aware of you.

Maybe you were being hunted grin2.gif

Can you post a larger original image so we can see what the object is? The magnified object is too pixelated and fuzzy. Thanks

I would love to, but this boards upload limit seems to be 20 kb..and the first image I posted was already at over 19kb.

Too bad, as another invision based board I frequent has an upload limit of over 200 kb!

I have a high definition scan of over 3500 kb..but even in that, the image is somewhat fuzzy due to magnification.

In that one, however, the original image is VERY clear...and holds it's apparent facial characteristics.

Here is another view of the "face", with a bit of background included.

edited to put in a better view...

post-34-1066891930.jpg

It looks like a man to me.......or some really great imagination. thumbsup.gif

It's really interesting. Was there anything in particular that you were taking the photo of? (besides the trees) Did you have the feeling that you were being watched, because it doesn't look as if It is looking directly at you (hard to tell with such large eyes though). I know when hunting deer that you don't just stare at it, or it will become aware of you.

Maybe you were being hunted grin2.gif

no feeling of being watched..

I was really just trying a new lense, and some different film settings, to see how they performed in low light. The swamp/forest simply offered a good opportunity, and some interesting(obviously!) subject matter.

No idea the green dude was there until I put the pic up on my screen as wallpaper.

I can see why you say it looks like an alien's head. It does look like a skull also.

Dunno what it is though.

It looks like a skull to me as well .. but I don't think that its some kind or Alien thingy alien.gif

Its just some trees or leafs which formed that shape .. nothing more than that .. dontgetit.gif

Is it possible for you to return to the same location and take some more shots from the same position (and in the same direction) ?

Chris Low.

this boards upload limit seems to be 20 kb

Nightwing,

There's actually an image gallery on the site that accepts uploads of up to 100k in size, if you have a larger version of the picture, feel free to post it to there.

You can reach it by clicking : Here.

original.gif

Nightwing,

You should go back like suggested, and try taking some more photos of the same area, and even perhaps look around if you must.

all i see is a tree trunk, with light and shadows...no man, no alien, exept in the magnified pic.

It isn't forced to be. It could be just the way that the shadows have cast on the various objects, etc.

Nightwing, like we have said, if you are that curious, you should just return to the spot that the photograph was taken.

Nuthin paranormal hit this right on the button. Folks... its a freaking tree, it has leaves and sunlight reflecting on to it in various shapes and forms... But... if you still feel like being creative... go ahead... pretend you really think it's something other than that blink.gif

I agree with Mystify, it's a freaking tree, there is nothing great about it.

it's just a photoshop

Why do you think that, Dorkman? Could you explain to the rest of us how you distilled that from the picture?

The most misused comments on pictures on this forum by far are "FAKE!" and the, slightly more intelligent sounding "I think it's Photoshopped".

So, again, I ask you : How did you distill that from the picture? Did you use any analytic software? Are you a photographic expert? Are you just smarter than the rest of us so you dare not explain how you did it, afraid that our brains would melt?

How?

Are you a photographic expert? Are you just smarter than the rest of us so you dare not explain how you did it, afraid that our brains would melt?

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Man, didn't mean to open up a hornets nest..

I catagoricaly deny it is a cut and paste...I have the originals, and the negatives.

I do suspect, like has been mentioned, that it is light and shadow on a tree, that just happend to look rather interesting..

But again..calling it a cut and paste with no proof is a bit harsh..and I know that no proof of such is possible, as I took the pic.

I did think about going back, but the problem would be finding the same spot again...I was just walking through the woods, and have no idea at all where the shot was taken.

I will upload a larger version to the place mentioned.