Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red hair and birthmark

canadian119

Hi I've heard that having red hair and a birthmark in an intimate area signifies something and I was just wondering if anyone knew what it meant or if its true ect.. If so let me know i'd appericate it.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum canadian119. original.gif

In the 17th century, it was a superstitious belief that any woman with red hair was a witch. Also, many red-haired people tend to have freckles, so freckles became known as "witch marks." Eventually, moles, warts, birthmarks, pimples, pockmarks, cysts, liver spots, wens, or any other blemish were called witch marks as well.

What you described may have some significance to practitioners of wicca, but since I'm not too familiar with this pagan belief, perhaps someone here who is can answer your question.

Hope this helped a little.

Here's a link

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome and also i read the link and it explained a few things thanks again grin2.gif

Having red hair means you will ne ridiculed at school, and for the rest of your life, i'm not ginger, but i know alot of those that are, and they had hell thru school and work, dunno what makes a ginger so unique to name calling and pranks....i have the upmost contempt for bullys.

really ive never been made fun of or anything like that going through school for having red hair hmmmm thats interesting though disgust.gif

I think redheads are hot! devil.gif

Sorry....I thought this was the flirting thread. dontgetit.gif

• Like 1

theSOURCE Posted on Oct 24 2003, 02:35 PM

any woman with red hair was a witch. Also, many red-haired people tend to have freckles, so freckles became known as "witch marks." Eventually, moles, warts, birthmarks, pimples, pockmarks, cysts, liver spots, wens, or any other blemish were called witch marks as well.

ohmy.gif Ahhhh so now that makes sense..... I'm a Witch???!! and there was me thinking I was 'normal' whistling2.gif

• 1 month later...

i have never seen a true red head. we dont have many where i come from.

any way i will take a guess. it was believed in the whole witch-burning period that witches had sex with the devil, and maybe that is where de red hair/genital mark legend came from, since satan is often thought of as red and firey and would burn your genitals/hair red, although i always thought of him as black.

Edited by man_in_mudboots

I am also a red head & was not teased at school. I actually find a lot of men like red heads. tongue.gif

In the 17th century, it was a superstitious belief that any woman with red hair was a witch. Also, many red-haired people tend to have freckles, so freckles became known as "witch marks." Eventually, moles, warts, birthmarks, pimples, pockmarks, cysts, liver spots, wens, or any other blemish were called witch marks as well.

I never knew that... huh.gif

Man in mudboots where are you from? Ive never heard the satan sex theory before. I can never figure out why guys are attracted to the redhair, I find it kinda annoying being a redhead crying.gif

i am from deep in de swamps of louisiana, where people barely speak english, have "I love my mud boots" bumper stickers, think bar-b-q is only a butter, vinegar, and roux sauce, and de people enjoy setting dier moufs on fire wit food dat would make most Yankees and some rednecks trow demselves in real fire to ease de pain! aint it great to be a cajun! thumbup.gif

and i cant believe yall aint heard the satanic sex story! dat was one of de fundamentals of medival witchcraft!

Ewww you use barbeque sauce like butter gross lol. Louisiana that must be an interesting place to live, probably have a lot of legends especially in the swamps. Never really read anything about witches and ect.. so thats mainly why i didnt know about the satan sex theory.

LA has surprisingly few ledgends, no more or less dan any where else. de peole are not superstitious or due to out-of-religion beliefs. oh well, enough cultural chit chat, back on topic now.

Redheads will be picked on without mercy throughout their childhood. In time, they will have to learn to defend themselves, or get the crap beaten out of them.

Women with red hair are extremely hot. I always loved dating redheads, but never intended to marry one. The temper, you know. I married a brunette.

BTW, I am a redhead, too. thumbsup.gif

Ahhhh so now that makes sense..... I'm a Witch???!! and there was me thinking I was 'normal'

no problem....witchs are ushaually very.....seductive wub.gif .....

Edited by man_in_mudboots

• 1 month later...

Just to stay on topic i love red heads as well however i have heard the stories from my girlfreind (who is a witch) about the red hair and red birthmark being some kind of powerful witch or something to the effect but the weird thing is she has both red hair and a red birth mark. ohmy.gif

my girlfreind (who is a witch) has both red hair and a red birth mark.

freaky......could the birth mark actually be some kind of obscure tatoo? the chance that a powerful witch would be born with a red birth mark is slim. maybe all witches get a tatoo at their acceptance into the witch cult.

no its not a tat its real trust me

Is her birthmark bright red or like reddish brown?

I suppose men are attracted to redheads because of the unusual hair color. In a world so full of brunettes, redheads and blondes stands out.

whats wrong wit brunnettes, eh?! we aint all dull!!!!!!!!!!!! disgust.gif

tongue.gif

Well, there's still hope for you all boring brunettes and brownettes out there!. grin2.gif

Grab a bottle of Clairol! original.gif

You can be a blonde, a redhead, or both (a different color each side) anytime you want! devil.gif