Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Road Ghost Story

dancin'hamster

Here's my Road Ghost story especially for Wussy-Cuffy tongue.gif

It's from my book (shameless plug once again)

The lady who witnessed this strange phantom does not want to be identified, and is not too keen on telling her story. It happened on a stretch of road, the A354 that leads from Blandford to Dorchester. In the spring of 1997 *Jayne was visiting her fiancé, who lived a few miles away from her Blandford home, in the small village of Milbourne St. Andrew. She was used to the road, and is a careful and competent driver. The drive took around fifteen to twenty minutes in her little mini, and the road near the village is not lit. This particular evening Jayne had left her fiancés’ a little later than usual, about 11:45pm. As she reached the brow of the hill at Thornicombe she glanced at her clock. The luminous dial showed that it was just before midnight. As she rounded the bend on the descent, a dark figure loomed towards her in the headlights. She quickly applied the breaks, and swerved to avoid the person who had stepped out in front of her. A little angry about this, she continued her journey home. About two weeks later she made the same journey home. Again she left the home of her fiancé at approximately 11:45pm. As she travelled around the bend in the road, again a figure suddenly rushed out in front of her. She slammed on the breaks, and decided to give this jaywalker a piece of her mind. She wound her window down, and peered out into the darkness. The road was deserted. She listened intently, straining to hear the giveaway sound of footsteps. Nothing. Whoever it was had just melted into the pitch-black darkness. She suddenly got a case of the heebie-jeebies and drove home in a hurry. She told her parents and friends about this chance meeting, and they all decided that it was probably a poacher prowling around, or someone up to something ‘dodgy’. After a while, she forgot about this jaywalker – she had many things other mind. Four months later one summer morning, she was journeying to Puddletown to visit a friend. She also had another friend riding in the car with her. They both decided to have a quick look around the area to see where someone could be hiding at night. She pulled the little mini into a passing point, and both the girls got out and wandered over to the scene. It just didn’t make sense. The figure was in the road, in front of the car, but here is a steep bank about three feet high backed by a thick ‘laid’ hedge. No one could walk through it. Okay, maybe there was a gate or something. They carried on looking. The nearest gate was about 20 yards away. Jayne felt a little freaked out by this and both friends decided to carry on to Puddletown. Whilst driving, they giggled about the idea of the figure being a ghost. Jayne had always had an open mind about these things, but had never entertained the possibility of seeing one herself. A few weeks later she was again driving homewards along the A354. This time it was still daylight, around 9:30pm just before the longest day. She rounded the bend and saw a woman wearing a long blue skirt, and a blue woollen jumper standing right in front of her. The woman had long red hair, and was just staring into space. Jayne braced herself the impact, but the impact never came. In front of her eyes, the woman ‘melted’ into the bonnet of the car and disappeared. Jayne realised that what she had mistaken for a male figure, had really been this strange woman wearing dark clothing.

I have never been able to explain why this contemporary looking woman has been haunting this area or indeed for how long. I do know that there have been several dreadful crashes here, and many tragic fatalities. It was here that my friend experienced his windscreen turning black and narrowly avoided a collision with a lorry….

Hammy x x x

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Engulf

• peachykeane

• Cufflink

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my Road Ghost story especially for Wussy-Cuffy

Only for Cuffy? sad.gifcrying.gif

(I'm a wussy too tongue.giflaugh.gif )

I live not too far from the notorious Blue Bell Hill (well about forty minutes drive) and I do know a few people that refuse to use that road of a night.

Hammy have you got a book coming out then?

oooh Peachy ~ Blue Bell Hill! Very famous ghostie there..............do you know anyone who has seen the ghost?

Yes, I've written a book on Dorset Ghosts and am still wainting for a publisher. I want all my royalties to go to Marie Curie Cancer Care because my mum died in a Curie hospice.

I have enough material for another book including UFOs and ABC sightings......

And - ooooh - a new Avatar!!!

Engulf sweetie ~ you can never be as wussy as Cuffy......... wink2.gif

Engulf sweetie ~ you can never be as wussy as Cuffy......... wink2.gif

wub.gif

I don't mean anything here Cuffy,you are not a wussy tongue.giflaugh.gif

Oh yes he is...................!

(a la Panto stylee)

Oh yes he is...................!

(a la Panto stylee)

laugh.gif

And a big girl's blouse. tongue.gif

Don't know anyone who's seen it but I've got a few ghostly encounters that've been related to me which I'll post when I have time. original.gif

*jumps up & down on chair excitedly*

hurry up Peachy ~ HURRY UP!

grin2.gif