Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA To Release Kecksburg UFO Documents

UM-Bot

news iconA day after SCI FI Channel announced its unprecedented support for legal action against the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to release its records on the 1965 UFO incident in Kecksburg, PA, NASA informed Lee Helfrich, attorney for the Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi), that it is releasing 36 pages of documents connected to the incident.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo! News

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nancy

• thephilemngr

• Blood Angel

• Daring Souls

The Department of Defense and the U.S. Army have yet to release any records.

And with that, I think we might just get a game of 'passing the buck'. rolleyes.gif

Sorry, Nancy, you'd see that attitude if it was to give us word about a great new super-safe SPACE PROGRAM about to be 'launched'. original.gif

NASA To Release Kecksburg UFO Documents

Are they really sure??Maybe irrelevant or the not-too-important ones but besides that,haha,I guess not. disgust.gif

Awwwwwww KC.........

Well? Excellent analogy, I must admit!

My 'gut' does tell me that 'something is UP' about releasing documents, tho!

As for a safe space program? Odds are? Not in the cards.

can't wait to read those documents considering it will be row upon row of blacked out paragraphs.

can't wait to read those documents considering it will be row upon row of blacked out paragraphs.

I agree. Also, my money is on the "it was just a meteor/satalite" explanation. I don't think they would reveal any data concerning an actual extraterrestrial artifact.

I seem to remember a theory that the Kecksburg "UFO" was actually a Russian Venus probe that failed. The fact that the object was amazingly intact after such a violent re-entry into Earth's atmosphere is because it was intended to be a lander. The surface conditions on Venus are extremely harsh, and therefore any probe that was intended to land on the surface (and survive for any length of time) would need to be built like a tank.

This is an interesting theory, but I find it extremely odd that ANY documents need to be withheld from the public if this was nothing more than a 40 year old Russian space probe........

Chris Low.

Yes but with all the negativity comes positives sides, this is a victory for the public. Trying to get information out of all our governments is like pulling teeth, if we can demand this one, we can demand alot more. I beleive this is a new era for publics right to access to information, and i hope it carrys on.

I beleive this is a new era for publics right to access to information, and i hope it carrys on.

YES!!!!!!! Finally original.gif

Very well said, thank you!

Sorry, Nancy, you'd see that attitude if it was to give us word about a great new super-safe SPACE PROGRAM about to be 'launched'. original.gif

I don't normally dabble in anything UFO related, despite being a regular watcher of the Sci-Fi channel... but recently I've been following the TAKEN series and it has made me curious about UFO's and governmental intrigue related to actual real life circumstances.

Like when former President Reagan wanted Star Wars technology and a defense system out of the blue.

Or when this Kecksburg matter suddenly rose to the forefront and the disclosed examination of the earth/soil scientific findings from the Roswell crash site.

wacko.gif It all seems just too much to absorb...

How do you all put it into perspective? I mean, I'm used to the occult and things affiliated with hauntings and the like. This UFO stuff is leaving me stymied. crying.gif

wacko.gif It all seems just too much to absorb...

How do you all put it into perspective? I mean, I'm used to the occult and things affiliated with hauntings and the like. This UFO stuff is leaving me stymied. crying.gif

Daring Souls,

You are not alone in your assessment of UFO's. Remember what those letters stand for..... "Unidentified"........ Those of us who have seen an object that we cannot explain are stymied just as you!

Part of the intrigue IS the unknown. The "whys" of non-disclosure, except for the unspoken message that the "public" would panic. Eye witness after eye witness, video tapes of unusual crafts doing more than extraordinary things.

Then, add to the mix the potential arrogance that Earth is the only speck in the entire Universe capable of sustaining life.

No one said this is easy! Humans are naturally curious and need closure in many aspects of life, this being one of them.

Have I confused you more? I hope not.

N.

No, friend Nancy... you have given me comfort. Thank you.

I have? Well? Yahoooooooo!!

So nice of you to say that!

Hang in there, 'tis possible, repeat.... Possible that we are entering a new era, just as Blood Angel mentioned. Don't change that channel.

"I dunno. I think they sparked the fire onto a REALLY REALLY big dynamyte if yu know what i mean"

I'm new to this board, but i agree with the above statement because I feel that if/when the government releases info on UFOs that they'd loose all the control they have over the advances in science that come out of the projects they have going.

take this site for example it explains some of the technologies that are in the works. Now they MIGHT be all MAN-MADE, but if makes you wonder how science has GROWN in the magnetic field dept. to enable us to build electro-magnetic armor.

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/read.php?story_id_key=5315

Now maybe I'm just being skeptical about this whole thing, but it does make you wonder.

One thing I think of is imagine that SOME of the stories that come out of area 51 and other places are true. That there are ships recovered, and these ships have some kind of gravity drive. Imagine if even a small portion is leaked to places like N. Korea, or other "HOSTILE NATIONS". Even though the info would be on the engine/generator/?? Think of what can be made from that knowledge; bombs that create mini black holes, or FAR worse (I.E. NOT-SO-SMALL black holes).

Every science has a testing phase, and what would happen if some small company was testing such devices, and something goes wrong because of lack of know-how of how it works. Now not saying the govt. has any idea what they are looking at, but at least they are WELL funded, so I would at least hope that they would know how to take the proper steps in safety.

As much as I would REALLY, REALLY like KNOWING that something was out there, is the world ready for that kind of advance in technology?

Now maybe this might seem a bit bad to hear, but it does spark some pretty good (in my mind) reasons that the Govt. has not released any info.

Actually i think the governements are more afraid of losing public backing, think about this rhetorical scenario:

The US government denoes the roswelll crash happened, blaming it on a weather balloon.

2004, US governemtn finally reveals, that indeed aliens did crash in roswell new mexico 1947.

The public realises that they have been lied to for the last 57 years by their own government, the people they pay their taxes, the ones they are supposed to trust.

The public are outraged for being lied to for so long and lose confidence in the government, and wonders what else the government has lied to them about, can they trust the government again? Most people opinions state that they can no longer trust the government (thats the slammer), demand a new government, with people they can trust.........what happens from there can go many ways.

As you can see what i have typed out, that the government are more afraid of losing powrr knowing they have many many skeletons in there closet.

That's quite true, that would be a major hit to public opinion. the only thing I see is that one day some amature astronomer is going to catch some un-deniable proof that there's something out there, and now the govt. has to come up with something. They should at least come out and say something, or people finding out by themselfs is going to be MUCH worse.

Truthfully i hope that's how it comes out, this way it'll teach them a lesson on what can be kept secret, and what can't. I WILL admit there is ALLOT of things that should be kept from the publics eye, but this ISN'T one of them. All they are doing is digginf themselfs a deeper hole.

I just hope that when it does come out that the world can handel that info, I think we're ready, but it's still going to take allot of people to calm the REDNECKS, and Christians down after the news, but it can be done. That would be a day I'D LOVE TO SEE.

I have just got into the UFO stuff for maybe a year now, but have always been intrested, but i do believe totally that the goverment is covering up alot information about UFO's, c'mon you can only say weather balloon, or The Aurora project so many times.

And i totally agree with the theory about covering this stuff up because of the threat of "Hostile" nations discovering what were up to, or what we have, and trying to obtain this technology for there benifit, as for the Kecksburg documents, i also believe that there will be blacked paragraphs and pages, and national defence has already stepped in and taken the all so important documents already, so i aint getting to worked up about this, probably another weather balloon report. nothing unusual here whistling2.gifalien.gif LOL

The documents are now available for download on NASA's web site in the form of a 40 page PDF file.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/FOIA/Kec...cksberg-UFO.pdf

You'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.

Thanks to Rand who e-mailed me with the link to the file.

• 9 months later...