Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greenland

The Drake

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but since it is a satellite photo i guess this is the right sub-forum. A while ago i was looking around on google earth and by accident i found something that i've never seen before. Something in the middle of Greenland that was so big that it could be seen from space! Yet it resembles a ship or something like that. Maybe it's a base but it seems to big for it. Anyhow, i wonder if anyone could tell me what it is because it has been driving me crazy for a while now. I'd appreciate it ^^

* Can't upload the pics, does anyone know a way to upload 'em?

Edited by The Drake

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Drake

• shun

• Bella-Angelique

• Waspie_Dwarf

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

save it to your desktop and go to www.tinypic.com and upload it there. then copy paste the url we all know how to look at them

I am guessing that this is the opening forming as the ice sheet falls off at the edges into the ocean. If that is it then it will continue to grow larger as more of the ice sheet melts.

It is unlikely to be a vast, ship in the centre of one of the worlds largest islands.

It is difficult to tell exactly what it is, however the image you are seing is not one single photo, it is hundreds of images joined together. I suspect that the reason their is such a perrfect straight line at the top of this object is because it represents the edbe of an image where the snow cover wasn't 100% and it has been joined to an image above it which does have 100% snow cover. Put another way, this could be a photographic artifact rather than a true object.

Here is a radar altimeter image, taken within the past year. It shows nothing but snow and ice. No forests, even. Very accurate, of course.

post-5633-1154971686.gif

Looks like a high ridge with evening sunlight falling on it, probably the result of lots of images being stitched together like Waspie said.