Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Devil's Tramping Ground

AnimangaBloodThorn

I think it's somewhere in North Carolina by a city called Siler(sp?)

About two to three hundred years ago, when the settlers first moved into this part of Carolina, they discovered that there was a 40 foot circle where nothing grew. Being Christain, they beleived it to be the Devil walking around, thinking of ways to terrorize people. It has been said, and practically proven, that anything you put in the way will be thrown out of the circle.

Nowadays the circle isn't as big as it was said to be, but it's still there and nothing grows there. There has only been little variation, or so I've heard. Some say that the Devil rides a large black horse around the circle instead of walking.

Curious teenagers has slept in the middle of the circle, and they have woken up outside of it. One group of teenagers left a car on it and when they came back to see if anything had happened, the car was laying upside down away from the circle.

Fiction or Fact? You decide.

Sorry, I like that phrase, lol. Hope you liked and I hope no one has posted on it yet.

Cya!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AnimangaBloodThorn

• Naveed

• thepsychoticseaotter

• Nie

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a strange but physical phenomena that might explain that...

I shall try do describe it: here in my country there is a place were you can put an empty can on the ground, and it shall move up the hill (yes, UP the hill) without anyone touching it at all, happens the same with small cars... i recount the same happening somewere in Italy...

Maybe the phenomena is the same...

I am sory for not having a link to post about this... but i shall do my best to find one...

link This is a site devoted to it. It also has some flash animation of old legends etc...

It's pretty cool hope you like it.

This is most strange, i wonder if someone should maybe take a look? set up cameras and try some experiments, maybe watch to see what happens....

usually the cars rolling up hill can be labeled a hoax so to speak. given the right conditions its an optical illusion and your car really rolls downhill. i seen a postcard in florida that was of one of these types of roads and the pic did it no justice. however i do believe there are places where this phenomenon is unexplained

Yeah, there are a lot of theories axplaining it, but I still think it is cool.

But from what I've heard it isn't on a hill dontgetit.gif Don't qoute me on that tho.

Another theory is that it is a natural salt lick for the animals, or something to that effect. I read somewhere else that there was a high salt capacity in the circle. But why is there none inside of the circle or outside of it and it is a almost perfect circle? cool coincidence, no?

I also heard that an Indian Cheif might have been buried in the middle and the lack of growth signifies the power he held. Or something...

Cya!