Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Milky Way and Andromeda Collide

Lizard King

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glenndo4000

• Roj47

• Lizard King

• Waspie_Dwarf

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad we humans will be long gone when this happens.

Yeah, I hear that. The earth will probably be billions of little rocks floating around in the dark matter, too.

So what we are looking at is that we do not have 5 billion years to escape the solar system....

More like 2.2 million lightyears to vacate the galaxy.

Man..... It takes me weeks to pack and sort for a weekend break.....

Oh.... planning, planning, planning...

More like 2.2 million lightyears to vacate the galaxy

a lightyear is a measure of distance not time, unless you were reffering to that

i wander what it would look like in the sky...

:tu:

a lightyear is a measure of distance not time, unless you were reffering to that

i wander what it would look like in the sky...

Man I am getting so sick of messing that one up d'oh! :)

regards

So what we are looking at is that we do not have 5 billion years to escape the solar system....

More like 2.2 million lightyears to vacate the galaxy.

Man..... It takes me weeks to pack and sort for a weekend break.....

Oh.... planning, planning, planning...

When galaxies collide, it's rare that there are actually any collisions, just lots of stars being thrown about by eachothers gravitational pulls. If humans were still on Earth when it happened (not saying they will be), I think it's unlikely they would notice much difference, other than seeing some different stars in the night sky,

...or they could be thrown in to the fiery hells of apocalypse, I'm not sure. :mellow:

When galaxies collide, it's rare that there are actually any collisions, just lots of stars being thrown about by eachothers gravitational pulls. If humans were still on Earth when it happened (not saying they will be), I think it's unlikely they would notice much difference, other than seeing some different stars in the night sky,

...or they could be thrown in to the fiery hells of apocalypse, I'm not sure. :mellow:

I have always thought the sky would look better with another moon sized object in the sky :)

I have always thought the sky would look better with another moon sized object in the sky

or something 100 times bigger!

or something 100 times bigger!

It might look better but with the vast tidal effects it would cause I doubt that many of us would be looking at the sky as we swam for our lives.

It might look better but with the vast tidal effects it would cause I doubt that many of us would be looking at the sky as we swam for our lives.

true, true...

<_<

awww....i hate to think that thats going to happen to our great milky way ! it is the birth place of many great plantes and life ! *humans ! and aliens if you believe :P "

If this began happening tommorow we would not notice...

The stars are so far apart it is likely the Galaxies would simply pass through one another. However I am sure star collisions will occur but not very many.