Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rumors of Skunk Ape in East TN

Nxt2Hvn

cat.gif

Hi I live in East Tennessee and there have been rumors of a Skunk Ape Sighting and investigation going on in Lafollette TN.. which is only about 80 miles from where I live.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether there is such thing as a Skunk Ape?

Thanks!

Edit:

Edited topic title to represent its contents

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• moe eubleck

• DrStrangelove

• Kryso

Top Posters In This Topic

A skunk ape? Imagine that! We have in hawaii a whole jungle full of Dog Seagulls, Lobster Dingos and lets not forget the ever so fearsome Turkey Bear !

rolleyes.gif

Hi Moe!!!

Wow - what a weird bunch of animal combinations!!! LOL

wink2.gif Thought you might have like those.

There are a few photos of a ‘Skunk Ape’ on the Image Gallery section of this site.

user posted image

I remember listening to Coast 2 Coast when Art Bell had his own website and he showed the skunk ape picture Kryso has posted (ahh the good ole days) found it very interesting becuase i am some what a skeptic when it comes to Cryptozoology, but it doesnt mean i totally do not believe, just want some good proof, and this picture made me think for sure original.gif

user posted image

This creature was killed on the Venezuela/Colunbia border in 1917 by Francois De Loys and his party. This creature appears to be a very man-like ape. It has never been identified as a known species. De Loys group was attack by these creatures and they shot and killed one of them. The creature was about 5 ft tall and had a very human like appearance and movements. The size and shape of the creatures forehead show that it isn't even closely related to known primates of South America. Could this creature be the missing link between man and ape ? Is this creature or one of it's relatives responsible for the bigfoot/yeti sightings ?

FYI - They still haven't found any evidence here in East TN that supports the Skunk Ape Theory... I just found this information on the above information... it is called the De Loys' Ape ... I guess there could be some kind of strange primate roaming the hills and mountains of our area? huh.gif

De Loys Ape? I thought it was just a shaved monkey. Anyway, skunk ape in TN? Perhaps it was no more than some hillbillies getting drunk or better yet it could of actually been there. Hasn't anyone tried to collect the air particles around a skunk ape area to examine them? Would that work or have I seen to many Sci-fis? By the way, the picture of the skunk ape is awesome (hopefully not faked).

De Loys Ape? I thought it was just a shaved monkey. Anyway, skunk ape in TN? Perhaps it was no more than some hillbillies getting drunk or better yet it could of actually been there. Hasn't anyone tried to collect the air particles around a skunk ape area to examine them? Would that work or have I seen to many Sci-fis? By the way, the picture of the skunk ape is awesome (hopefully not faked).

Some Cryptozoologists have actually found a cave undera bluff near a river ... that they think the Skunk Ape might be living in... and they have collected some hair and feces samples.

But so far the tests they have done have turned out to be inconclusive.

They are suppose to be doing a DNA test on the hair they found.

Some Cryptozoologists have actually found a cave undera bluff near a river ... that they think the Skunk Ape might be living in... and they have collected some hair and feces samples.

But so far the tests they have done have turned out to be inconclusive.

They are suppose to be doing a DNA test on the hair they found.

Awesome. Finally someone going about cryptozoology in a (dare I say it?) scientific manner. Although I better not say that. Cryptozoologists have enough people breathing down their necks.