Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walson hospital at Fort Dix

d4everman

Question: Anyone ever hear of Possible hauntings at Walson hospital on fort dix. Iread a newsgroup article once where the person claimed to have seen orbs there. I live on Dix, but the hospital has been closed for some time. Never really been near the place except for passing it. I was wondering if anyone else has more information.

• Like 2

Hello,

I was an Army medic years back and stationed at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio Texas. Old large hospitals can be pretty spooky places, there were lots of areas at the medical center that I was at that gave me the willies...

BAMC is the Army's burn care center, and all of the major burn cases were sent there for treatment. I can't imagine how much agony that the wall of that building had seen and if anyplace is going to be haunted, I'd say that hospital stood a good chance.

I hadn't heard anything about the hospital on Ft. Dix, though I only knew a few people that served there...

Good luck finding out any information...

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I was stationed there and worked there from 1993-1996. The top 4 or 5 floors are more or less abandoned since it downsized to a clinic. It was pretty scary to do rounds at night up there and I know of a few people who said they heard things where the old psych ward used to be, but I always treated the haunting thing as a rumor. Never saw any orbs, either. Who knows?

• Like 1

Here's something I found on another site. I have heard similar stories from others, so maybe there's something to it?

Fort Dix Hospital

By: grydberg@medxcorp.com

I have a great story from Ft. Dix haunted hospital.

I was stationed at Ft. Dix from late 1997-mid-1999. One summer day in 1998,

my frind and I decided to go check out the top 5 floors. We took the

freight elevator, because the patient elevator stops after the 4th floor.

We went to the 9th, then 8th floor with nothing abnormal, as soon as we

stepped off the elevator on the 7th floor, the psych ward, things got

strange. First of all, the temp dropped, not enough to see our breath, but

there was a drop, the lights were flickering like crazy, and my frinds brick

walkie-talkie was going crazy. He thought someone was trying to get ahold

of him, but no one responded, then we heard the patinet elevators close, and

we jumped back in the elevator. We went back to the 7th floor about 45

minutes later, and everything was normal. The lights were lit, and the temp

was normal. We checked things out, and did not see anything abnormal.

There are stories of babies crying, and a real neat story of the floors on

the OB floor being freshly mopped. There is a mop and bucket that was left

up there, and the floor will be wet, with foot steps across it, and the mop

and bucket are dry.

I also worked with a girl, and she was in the back of the lab, and she saw

an image of a person walking behind her in the computer screen, when she

turned around, no one was there.

The last is an inquiry. I heard that there was a "super-soldier" being

created in the sub-basement. Supposedly right after Vietnam War, the

basment was quickly cemented in, and to this day, there is a crawl space,

and the suspended ceiling is still there. I would like more information if

someone can find it.

The last sotry is of the morgue. I had keys to the morgue, so we would go

down and check things out. The lights never work, they continuously

flicker, and you can feel a prescence when you lay down in the cooler. We

would lay down on the morgue table, and be pushed back into the cooler. I

did this only once, because I felt like someone was lying next to me.

Please feel free to contact me anytime. This place was haunted, I witnessed

it first-hand.

• Like 2

where exactly is this , city, state, KNOW ANY directions?

• 4 months later...

Here's something I found on another site. I have heard similar stories from others, so maybe there's something to it?

Fort Dix Hospital

By: grydberg@medxcorp.com

I have a great story from Ft. Dix haunted hospital.

I was stationed at Ft. Dix from late 1997-mid-1999. One summer day in 1998,

my frind and I decided to go check out the top 5 floors. We took the

freight elevator, because the patient elevator stops after the 4th floor.

We went to the 9th, then 8th floor with nothing abnormal, as soon as we

stepped off the elevator on the 7th floor, the psych ward, things got

strange. First of all, the temp dropped, not enough to see our breath, but

there was a drop, the lights were flickering like crazy, and my frinds brick

walkie-talkie was going crazy. He thought someone was trying to get ahold

of him, but no one responded, then we heard the patinet elevators close, and

we jumped back in the elevator. We went back to the 7th floor about 45

minutes later, and everything was normal. The lights were lit, and the temp

was normal. We checked things out, and did not see anything abnormal.

There are stories of babies crying, and a real neat story of the floors on

the OB floor being freshly mopped. There is a mop and bucket that was left

up there, and the floor will be wet, with foot steps across it, and the mop

and bucket are dry.

I also worked with a girl, and she was in the back of the lab, and she saw

an image of a person walking behind her in the computer screen, when she

turned around, no one was there.

The last is an inquiry. I heard that there was a "super-soldier" being

created in the sub-basement. Supposedly right after Vietnam War, the

basment was quickly cemented in, and to this day, there is a crawl space,

and the suspended ceiling is still there. I would like more information if

someone can find it.

The last sotry is of the morgue. I had keys to the morgue, so we would go

down and check things out. The lights never work, they continuously

flicker, and you can feel a prescence when you lay down in the cooler. We

would lay down on the morgue table, and be pushed back into the cooler. I

did this only once, because I felt like someone was lying next to me.

Please feel free to contact me anytime. This place was haunted, I witnessed

it first-hand.

I am a police officer at ft dix what would you like to know.????

• 8 months later...

I'm quite curious at what you have seen Da Man, and if you are still stationed at Fort Dix.

I have a story and my feelings about Walson hospital. My husband is Air Force, so we were stationed at neighboring Maguire AFB for nine years. I use to travel to Walson when it was still being used as a hospital and clinic and before it closed for the newly built clinic near the commissary and PX/BX. It closed while my family was still stationed at the area. Even though the countless times I have gone into Walson, I have not experienced anything, but since it's closing, I have felt something was weird with the appearance of it. From what I could tell, I thought it was wierd that the upper floors of the hospital had it's lights on, and the blinds up, and yet the bottom floors were dark and shuddered off. I always felt that something was lurking there. The many times I have traveled with a friend by the hospital, she too felt the same thing. It's been two years since my family has PCSed from the area, so this is based of my recollections of more than two years ago.

Though, speaking of Fort Dix, I have traveled there a lot, considering a lot of errands I did was at Fort Dix, including doing scrapbooking at a consultant's house on Fort Dix housing. One night, on a late Friday night, another friend and myself were pulling out of a street, and at the intersection of that street into another, noticed a young man in blue jeans and a blue jacket with a red cap, walking across. I remember pointed out to my friend how I thought that the cap didn't go with his outfit. My friend was driving and so when she slowly pulled to a stop, after the young man crossed the street we were driving on, I looked at the young man, to see if he would turn his head to see if we were too close. I would have. Anyways, I noticed that he didn't and I thought that was strange. I then turned my head, where my friend looked at him and then she told me she saw him fade away. I didn't think that happened, and said that being dark and woods around the area, he must have ran into the woods. She accepted that explanation, but with reluctance. It was later on, some years later, that glancing at the Shadowlands site about fort Dix and the young teenager that it was explained that all the occurrences that my friend and I noticed were seen by many others, at that very time each night. I am wondering if anyone else seen this?

By the way, I'm new to this site, and this is my first post. I have read this thread and board for sometime, and since I lived in the area, experiencing many things, I had to say something.

• Like 3

I live relatively near Ft. Dix & Maguire. We used to go to the PX and comissary (sp?) frequently since my dad's retired air force. Never saw anything strange over there, but never went in any abandoned psych hospitals either.

dont know anything about that hospital, but it wouldnt surprise me if wht you say is true, since a hospital is a place where lots of people die. Its like a cemetery

• 4 months later...

Hey folks ! My name is Dwayne Cecil, I served at Fort Dix from January 1989-June 1991 and I can add a few things to your discussion.

Walson was not allowed to deliver babies when I was stationed there because they had something like a 60% infant mortality rate back in the 1970s. My wife became pregnant in November 1989 and we had to drive some thirty miles to Mt. Holly for the birth in 1990 because Walson was forbidden by the Department of the Army to deliver babies.

Also, Walson was mentioned on a circa 1993 episode of America's Most Wanted when an elderly Pennsylvania WW2 veteran killed his wife because she was planning on taking him back to Walson for some kind of medical treatment. His VFW/American Legion buddies were interviewed by America's Most Wanted and said that the fellow had threatened to kill his wife if she ever took him back to that "god awful place" and that he heard "demon voices" the last time he had received treatment there.

He murdered her with a hammer, was a WW2 vet from Pennyslvania and was either captured or committed suicide circa 1993 - if someone wanted to do a thorough search of amw.com they could probably discover his name.

Fort Dix in general : I lived in Kennedy Courts on Dix and used to walk the older, abandoned training sites in the woods on the south side of Pemberton Road and east of Texas Avenue hunting old junk and had a few spooky encounters in the pine barrens.

1. As often as I walked those trails (and that was a lot) I never heard a bird sing nor saw an animal scurry by.

2. In 1990, a major cleanup of the overgrown brush of the post was ordered by then commanding Major General James Wurman. Near the little motor pool just off Texas on Pemberton a skeleton was found in the brush - we were told it was the remains of a soldier who starved to death......about two blocks from a chow hall.

A second skeleton was discovered soon after on the west end of Range Road near what had been the "negro" section of the base back when the Army was still segregated pre-1948. The second skeleton was also a modern death and had been "ripped apart" by something.

3. Near one of the lakes on Dix there is a "pathological gravesite" - think of it as an ossuary or collection point for the bones of folks who had donated their remains to science. This site was part of the daily inspection for the post staff duty NCO and officer of the day. It was a lonely cinder block building with tiny windows , surrounded by trees, a chain link fence and scary as hell when we checked the lock on the gate at around 11:00pm nightly.

Sometime in 1990 the place was broken into and the stolen bones were found in Philadelphia after having been used in satanic rites. For awhile we checked the place twice a night and that sucked because it was way out in the sticks of Dix.

4. In early 1991, I was walking a bit of woods just off the intersection of Pemberton Road and that road that brings you into the west side of Browns Mills beside the shopping center near the ACME grocery store.

(This was the south east corner of the intersection, in full view of Kennedy Courts.)

I ran into a rectangular square of police "DO NOT CROSS" tape with the outline of a body sprayed on the ground inside the square.

I froze dead in my tracks for about thirty seconds, then turned and ran quickly back to my quarters where I called the MPs. The MPs came to my house, told me they knew about the "crime scene" but couldn't tell me anything about it.

A car dealer named Harry DuBell (Browns Mills native) told me later that the pine barrens were prime dumping grounds for mob hits but also said the body "coulda been leftovers from the Leeds Devil ya know !!! Ha ! Ha !".

(I didn't really find that funny since my quarters were less than a bock away.)

5. Red glowing eyes. I lived at 906 D in Kennedy Courts right on Pemberton Road. On the left side of the road was a thick growth of trees.

Neighbors of mine reported seeing "glowing red eyes" peering out from those woods at different times of the night.

I awoke several times in the dead of night and "knew" the red glowing eyes were peering into my upstairs bedroom but in the two and a half years I was there I never could bring myself to look out the woods and confirm this.

I left in June 1991 and haven't been back since.

The only other place in the Army that spooked me as much as Fort Dix was the Apache Cemetery on Fort Sill where Geronimo is buried.

At dusk it's a scary place.

Anyway, Happy 2007 ya'll !

Edited by karkev

karkev dude...welcome to the forums here. Sometimes some of the stuff here can get boring because of the obvious trolls, etc. I found your stuff very interesting, even if old-school. Whether they are actually "haunted" or not, it certainly seems abandoned hospitals and even those that are in-use, are indeed scary places. Anyway, very entertaining. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

karkev dude...welcome to the forums here. Sometimes some of the stuff here can get boring because of the obvious trolls, etc. I found your stuff very interesting, even if old-school. Whether they are actually "haunted" or not, it certainly seems abandoned hospitals and even those that are in-use, are indeed scary places. Anyway, very entertaining. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

kiddglock, not a prob ! Nice pistolas ! Re : old school - yep ! You nailed me ! I'm a sucker for the classics 8^) !!!

post-47894-1167631177_thumb.jpg

Edited by karkev

Hi Karkev, some good things there...I know just what you mean about dead zones, not a sound to be heard or animal about, gives a chilling feeling when you realise you've stepped into one.

Would you be able to elaborate on Fort Sill?

Cheers.

Hi Karkev, some good things there...I know just what you mean about dead zones, not a sound to be heard or animal about, gives a chilling feeling when you realise you've stepped into one.

Would you be able to elaborate on Fort Sill?

Cheers.

Hey Pasiphae ! No "activity" as such at Geronimo's grave but it is still a powerful place, highly revered by the many Native Americans who live around the post.

They leave him offerings to this day as well as dream catchers and bandannas tied to the trees. I pulled twenty-four duty on Sill circa 1993 and drove out to the cemetary to eat my Burger King dinner.

It was late fall, just about dusk and a dust devil swirled through the big cedar you see here (not my pic by the way) and really animated the decorations - just spooky.

linked-image

I've been back several times but never had the same feeling.

Guess I can add this:

To: U.S. Congress

To the Congress of the United States of America,

In 1918, the President's grandfather, Prescott Bush, and several accomplices desecrated the grave of Apache holy man Geronimo at Ft. Sill, OK. The men removed Geronimo's head and a prized silver bridle which had been buried with him. Using acid and amid laughter, they stripped Geronimo's head of hair and flesh. They then took their "trophies" back to Yale University and put them on display in the clubhouse of the secret fraternity "Skull & Bones."

The "Skull & Bones" is a secret society founded at Yale in 1832. Its history is intertwined with that of the German Illuminati and the Nazi Party. They maintain a windowless building called "The Tomb" at 64 High Street, New Haven, Connecticut. The club's assets are controlled by a front company, The Russell Trust Association, Inc. Every year, 15 Yale juniors are "tapped" for Skull & Bones membership. They are indoctrinated into the cultish society with elaborate rituals steeped in satanic theatricism and latent homosexuality. The goal of this fraternity is to create the ultimate network of "good ol' boys" around the world. Their alumni includes Prescott Bush's son (George H. W.) and grandson (George W.) as well as heads of state and leaders of numerous intelligence agencies, trading companies, business empires and law firms.

Several years ago, a Skull & Bones member anonymously "leaked" information regarding the society and "The Tomb." This included documents and photographs. One of the documents detailed Prescott Bush's graverobbing exploits. One of the photographs was of a skull and bridle on a shelf, next to a framed photograph of Geronimo. Other sources have since come forward and confirmed that Geronimo's skull is indeed on display in "The Tomb" and considered the "mascot" of this "club" on High Street.

Although the Skull & Bones refuses to officially acknowledge their existence, members have tacitly admitted to possessing Geronimo's head. In fact, Skull & Bones members (including Jonathon Bush, the President's brother) met with Apache leaders in New York in 2000 and attempted to hand over a skull. It was obviously not the skull seen in the smuggled photograph. When this apparent substitution was exposed, the "Bonesmen" changed their story, saying the proxy skull was that of an Indian child.

The Skull & Bones then threatened legal action if the documents and photos from "The Tomb" weren't returned immediately. They apparently had second thoughts, after realizing authorities might ask questions about the apparent abundance of Native skulls kept in New Haven. However, neither skull has been returned and that of Geronimo is apparently still the official mascot of the Yale club.

We the undersigned are horrified with this display of elitist, racist witchcraft and ask Congress, with the assistance of whatever law enforcement necessary, to launch an immediate investigation into the theft and possession of human remains by the Skull & Bones society, the Russell Trust Association, Inc. and/or any members of the US Government involved, past or present.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

http://www.petitiononline.com/Geronimo/petition.html

I've asked Indian friends around the area if they knew anything about this and all have said "no".

However, the head of the eagle on Geronimo's grave has been broken off and stolen many times as is evident in the picture I linked.

Thanks for the info Karkev, I've seen trees like that in Canton, China the locals called them 'ghost trees' (nothing to do with the offerings on the linked picture) they were very strange when you got close.

That Online petition piece was very unusual, it'd be surprising that it's never been investigated by the police, I'd have thought it to be a criminal offence to desecrate a grave.

Thanks for the info and links, loads of good stuff to read, cheers mate.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks ! My name is Dwayne Cecil, I served at Fort Dix from January 1989-June 1991 and I can add a few things to your discussion.

Walson was not allowed to deliver babies when I was stationed there because they had something like a 60% infant mortality rate back in the 1970s. My wife became pregnant in November 1989 and we had to drive some thirty miles to Mt. Holly for the birth in 1990 because Walson was forbidden by the Department of the Army to deliver babies.

The same experience, or simular experience happened to me too. At the time of becoming pregnant with my second child, my son, Walson happened to be opened, and I went there to take the pregnancy test and my first pregnancy checkup. I had to file a non-available statement, because of the fact of the lack of a maternity ward due to problems with infant deaths when it was in existence. I had my son at Rancoucas in Willingboro.

Also, Walson was mentioned on a circa 1993 episode of America's Most Wanted when an elderly Pennsylvania WW2 veteran killed his wife because she was planning on taking him back to Walson for some kind of medical treatment. His VFW/American Legion buddies were interviewed by America's Most Wanted and said that the fellow had threatened to kill his wife if she ever took him back to that "god awful place" and that he heard "demon voices" the last time he had received treatment there.
whoa! I didn't know that, but I have been lately hearing and reading stuff that happened at both McGuire AFB where we lived, and Fort Dix since leaving he area over two years ago. Since I have been in Walson hospital more than once before it closed, I really do not remember any vivid memories of ghosts. Though I had thought I had some disturbing feelings on the various times I have been in there.

Fort Dix in general : I lived in Kennedy Courts on Dix and used to walk the older, abandoned training sites in the woods on the south side of Pemberton Road and east of Texas Avenue hunting old junk and had a few spooky encounters in the pine barrens.

1. As often as I walked those trails (and that was a lot) I never heard a bird sing nor saw an animal scurry by. [/qute]

There was one time my husband and I, in a car, decided the drive through a lot of Fort Dix, driving very deep into the base by the tarred roads becoming dirt roads. I had thought how quiet the woods were there.

[qutoe]

A car dealer named Harry DuBell (Browns Mills native) told me later that the pine barrens were prime dumping grounds for mob hits but also said the body "coulda been leftovers from the Leeds Devil ya know !!! Ha ! Ha !".

I remember hearing about a body of a male being found in the Brown's Mills Acme dumpster back a few years ago, when we were still living there. I wonder if was part of that mob story.

5. Red glowing eyes. I lived at 906 D in Kennedy Courts right on Pemberton Road. On the left side of the road was a thick growth of trees.

Neighbors of mine reported seeing "glowing red eyes" peering out from those woods at different times of the night.

I awoke several times in the dead of night and "knew" the red glowing eyes were peering into my upstairs bedroom but in the two and a half years I was there I never could bring myself to look out the woods and confirm this.

I find this very interesting. When we first moved into our second house on McGuire, my daughter told me once, that she saw glowing red eyes under her bed. Now, I have checked under bed, (Where she said she saw the eyes), and I found nothing, but I do want to give her the benefit of the doubt. And considering I have witnessed quite a few things myself in that house, I really think she may have something.

I know I have seen a boy in jeans and a cap walking down a Fort Dix road one night,(near Cedar), where my friend claimed she saw fading away. I didn't realize he could be a ghost until seeing various sightings of him on the net.

I would really like to hear more experiences of others at Fort Dix. McGuire too, if it's possible.

^I have to agree. Very interesting.

Yup, I read a lot of them and comment on a few. This is a keeper. I wonder if there is much about Dix on the Weird New Jersey site. I may check.

Stubbly_Dooright wrote: "I know I have seen a boy in jeans and a cap walking down a Fort Dix road one night,(near Cedar), where my friend claimed she saw fading away. I didn't realize he could be a ghost until seeing various sightings of him on the net. "

That gave me a chill ! That young fellow was mentioned at a mandatory"quality of life" meeting for families living in quarters on Dix in either late 1990 or early 1991.

Several residents mentioned the boy darting out in front of cars near a youth rec center on the south end of post, west of Texas Avenue on Pemberton Road but no one could find him afterward. This rec center was near the secondary movie theatre - not Timmerman but the one in the AIT trainee area.

The post commander at the time, Major General James Wurman, knew about the boy and said so at the meeting. I don't think he thought of it as a ghost but believed it to be a mischievous young rascal playing chicken. He increased MP traffic around the area for quite awhile to try and catch the offender.

I never knew it had a supernatural overtone !

Just curious - has anyone seen a smiling older black lady dressed in Civil War era slave garb walking on Dix behind what used to be Kennedy Courts ?

Edited by karkev

Stubbly_Dooright wrote: "I know I have seen a boy in jeans and a cap walking down a Fort Dix road one night,(near Cedar), where my friend claimed she saw fading away. I didn't realize he could be a ghost until seeing various sightings of him on the net. "

That gave me a chill ! That young fellow was mentioned at a mandatory"quality of life" meeting for families living in quarters on Dix in either late 1990 or early 1991.

Several residents mentioned the boy darting out in front of cars near a youth rec center on the south end of post, west of Texas Avenue on Pemberton Road but no one could find him afterward. This rec center was near the secondary movie theatre - not Timmerman but the one in the AIT trainee area.

The post commander at the time, Major General James Wurman, knew about the boy and said so at the meeting. I don't think he thought of it as a ghost but believed it to be a mischievous young rascal playing chicken. He increased MP traffic around the area for quite awhile to try and catch the offender.

I never knew it had a supernatural overtone !

Thank you karkev! I have been all over the net trying to find out more information of this boy for the last few years, except what I have read on Shadowlands.net and what I saw. This latest information you have provided is very interesting. I find it interesting that this boy was the subject of a meeting taking place in the early 1990's. Only because my friend and I saw him and his sighting in the early 2000's. I don't know what you mean about him darting out in front of cars, but I wonder if him walking across the intersection of one street we were driving down to end of the other street he was walking parallel to, as to darting in front of out car, coming to a stop would qualify? I still clearly have the memory of his just walking non-plussed at the end of the road we were coming to the end of, and he was staring ahead. And yes, there is a youth center, (Which use to be a shoppette) across the street from there.

I have been trying to find out of any news of a boy being hit by a car in that area, and if it's in the news. I am just wondering where this boy came from.

Just curious - has anyone seen a smiling older black lady dressed in Civil War era slave garb walking on Dix behind what used to be Kennedy Courts ?

I haven't, but then unlike the area of the boy, I hardly went to that area when we use to live there. This is an interesting bit of news of a sighting. :)

Thank you karkev! I have been all over the net trying to find out more information of this boy for the last few years, except what I have read on Shadowlands.net and what I saw. This latest information you have provided is very interesting. I find it interesting that this boy was the subject of a meeting taking place in the early 1990's. Only because my friend and I saw him and his sighting in the early 2000's. I don't know what you mean about him darting out in front of cars, but I wonder if him walking across the intersection of one street we were driving down to end of the other street he was walking parallel to, as to darting in front of out car, coming to a stop would qualify? I still clearly have the memory of his just walking non-plussed at the end of the road we were coming to the end of, and he was staring ahead. And yes, there is a youth center, (Which use to be a shoppette) across the street from there.

I have been trying to find out of any news of a boy being hit by a car in that area, and if it's in the news. I am just wondering where this boy came from.

I haven't, but then unlike the area of the boy, I hardly went to that area when we use to live there. This is an interesting bit of news of a sighting. :)

Stubbly_Dooright, I sure don't have any info about a boy being hit. As far as I knew at that time this was a live child being a pain in the butt and no one was able to catch him in the act. I hadn't thought of it in probably seventeen years until you mentioned your encounter but again - I never knew there was anything "other worldly" about the story.

The black lady I mentioned was (is ?) the shared "guardian angel" of my wife and I :blush: . A few weeks before my daughter was born on Dix in 1990 my car broke down and I began bumming rides with a Creole co-worker named Ray.

Anyway, several times on the way to work with Ray I noticed this older black lady in Aunt Jemima type garb - ankle length dress, red bandanna on her head - who held her dress up a bit so that the hem didn't drag in the grass as she walked.

She always wore the most glowing, happy, contented smile as she walked.

About two weeks after my daughter was born, my wife, our toddler son, newborn daughter and myself were strolling through the Columbus Farmer's Market (several miles west and north of Dix). My wife at that time was barely seventeen, 5'4, 85 lbs, could have passed for fourteen and was often mistaken for my daughter even though I was barely nineteen myself.

The black lady I mentioned earlier came up to us as we were shopping with tears in her eyes and asked my wife," Honey, are both of those babies yours !?!". When my wife said, "Yes," the lady told her, "You don't have no more babies, you hear me ? You are too small !". She then looked at me and said, "You make sure she don't have no more babies !".

Well, when she said that my wife and I both kind of laughed but we also got teary eyed. We took nothing but kind thoughts and genuine concern from the lady's words and believed she was truly worried about our family. The lady disappeared into the crowd and we really didn't think too much about it.

The next day during the ride to work I asked Ray if he knew the name of the lady we saw so often on the way to work. He said, "I ain't never seen no lady like that, Cecil." I described her as clear as I could, told him I'd seen her numerous times when he and I rode together but Ray insisted he'd never noticed her.

I never saw her again though my wife did see her one more time when she (my wife) was raking leaves in the back of our quarters in Kennedy Courts. The lady never acknowledged she saw my wife but just kept on walking, smiling and happy. She may very well have just been a kind stranger but the wife and I do feel as though she was an unusually kind soul if not a true angel.

By the way, our son will turn eighteen in May and our daughter seventeen in June and they are our only two kids :D .

Edited by karkev

Hello,

I was an Army medic years back and stationed at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio Texas. Old large hospitals can be pretty spooky places, there were lots of areas at the medical center that I was at that gave me the willies...

BAMC is the Army's burn care center, and all of the major burn cases were sent there for treatment. I can't imagine how much agony that the wall of that building had seen and if anyplace is going to be haunted, I'd say that hospital stood a good chance.

I hadn't heard anything about the hospital on Ft. Dix, though I only knew a few people that served there...

Good luck finding out any information...

hmmmmmmmm Mr Bunny , hello by the way, you heard it here folks! from a moderator!!(now if he just has SPs too!!!)

sounds like you might be describing a residual haunting scenario would love to hear more about the type of building this was ? brick, stone etc............B

Edited by Barek Halfhand

Karkev, I have been to said Columbus Market many times while we still lived down in Jersey. Loved that place. Bought a lot of things there, including our dining room hutch, that still stands today. The original owners gave us a great deal for it. As for that boy, he is going to still haunt me, (not sure if pun is intended or not) and never know about his history. It sounds like Fort Dix has a lot of paranormal activity going on down there, along with McGuire AFB with it.

Barek Halfhand, I'm not sure if you were talking about the hospital on Fort Dix or not, but if you were, the hospital is all brick, with about five or six floors. One thing I do remember, after it was closed, and the new hospital set up behind the BX/PX and commissary, I have noticed how eerie it was to pass it every time I went to housing on Fort Dix. I had noticed how odd it was that the shades of the top floors of the old hospital would be up and the lights on, bright as anything. I have felt like something was still there, and this from a car about a mile or so from the building. From my understanding of it, this particular hospital building is the second one on the base, with the one I just mentioned that just went up while we were there, being the third. (Or so I believe). Working with a friend of mine in Burlington there, she was an Army brat and she told me, she was born in the hospital that were just one floor barracks type building, before the abandonded brick one we are talking about now. I remember seeing them, when they were still up, and yet empty. Then they were leveled. I wonder if the brick building will head into the same fate.

Stubbly, you might place a very polite phone call to the Dix MPs and see if any recent comments/complaints have been made to them regarding the scamp............maybe downplay the supernatural aspect ;) .