Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peru bans flights over Inca ruins

UM-Bot

news icon rThe Peruvian government has reversed a decision to allow flights over the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu after an outcry from environmental groups. Peru's Transport and Communications ministry has declared the area around the site a no-fly zone.

Environmentalists said a number of rare animals and plants would have been severely affected by the low-flying helicopter tours. Machu Picchu, a world heritage site, is Peru's biggest tourist attraction.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: BBC News

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Blizno

• CandyBlo0d

• RollingThunder06

Top Posters In This Topic

Well suppose it's a fair deal really that if it does cause more damage to the area, though how flights do i'm not sure as i think if flown high enough so you coudl see clearly no damage would occur.

But still looks a nice area, and pre-serving what our ancestor's left is more of a priority than tourists wanting to see them.

Well suppose it's a fair deal really that if it does cause more damage to the area, though how flights do i'm not sure as i think if flown high enough so you coudl see clearly no damage would occur.

But still looks a nice area, and pre-serving what our ancestor's left is more of a priority than tourists wanting to see them.

It says "low-flying helicopter tours". If they're low enough, the downblast would scour the dirt and the loud noise from the chopper could cause damage to the structures from vibration.

I think it is great that they took action before it was to late. :tu:

same here... these days with our tech and time to think up crazy plots, you never know!! bout time people start preparing for defense instead of living and learning. good for them i say