Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] The Avengers (2012)

Bella-Angelique

Marvel Mulls Avengers Film

Marvel Entertainment intends to release a live-action film version of The Avengers, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The movie based on the superhero franchise is one of several projects that Marvel has in the works.

Zak Penn, the writer behind the last two X-Men movies, is slated to write the screenplay.

Marvel executives spoke briefly about their Avengers plan on Sept. 13 during a presentation to Wall Street analysts at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment Conference in Pasadena, Calif., the trade paper reported.

The Avengers began as a team consisting of the superheroes Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man and Hulk. Later, Captain America and a host of others joined. Executives didn't say exactly which of Marvel's superheroes would be depicted in the Avengers movie.

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed broken source link

• 5 years later...

Continuing the epic big-screen adventures started in "Iron Man," "The Incredible Hulk," "Iron Man 2," "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger," "The Avengers" is the superhero team up of a lifetime. When an unexpected enemy emerges that threatens global safety and security, Nick Fury, Director of the international peacekeeping agency known as SHIELD, finds himself in need of a team to pull the world back from the brink of disaster. Spanning the globe, a daring recruitment effort begins.

Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgard, Samuel L. Jackson

Release Date: May 4, 2012

Check out the trailer

Edited by Bracket

Well it's about time!

My toes are curled in excitement!! :w00t:

*I curl my toes when excited or nervous. I know it's weird. :lol:

Well it's about time!

My toes are curled in excitement!! :w00t:

*I curl my toes when excited or nervous. I know it's weird. :lol:

..... Ok. :unsure2:

I'm excited for it too. :w00t:

jehri7edfjsjhbfvbAT!!! All of that AND it's set to a NIN song?! This is just too much, too much excitement for me.

jehri7edfjsjhbfvbAT!!! All of that AND it's set to a NIN song?! This is just too much, too much excitement for me.

And people thought Joss Whedon couldn't handle a big movie like this. :rolleyes:

:whistle: Awake to the sound as they peel apart skin. They pick & they pull trying to get their fingers in. Well they..... opps! I forgot. This is about The Avengers movie not about listening to NIN.

:whistle: Awake to the sound as they peel apart skin. They pick & they pull trying to get their fingers in. Well they..... opps! I forgot. This is about The Avengers movie not about listening to NIN.

Well, you can play the trailer multiple times with your eyes closed. :rolleyes:

Edited by Bracket

Can't wait !!

Great cast, hopefully the movie will live up to this great trailer.

However I thought it was scheduled for february or march, not may. :(

and please, can somebody tell K that NIN are greatly overrated ?? :P

• 4 months later...

Another movie with a good trailer that I was excited for was set to a NIN song... Terminator Salvation. Shall we pray this is better? But no, I'm pretty excited for this, I just hope it has some substance outside of the trailer. Question for any comics fans, didn't Captain America become the leader when he was thawed in the comics? It seems like Iron Man is taking a leading role in all of the comics.

Well it's just not a few people. It's a super soldier, a rage monster, a god, a guy with a super advanced battle suit...ummm...a funny guy with a bow and arrow, and a smoking hot redhead.

Likely one of those "take out the leadership and the rank and file just go away" situations. The army is taking orders from Loki so if he gets taken from the picture they might not care enough to keep fighting. Besides having a few people stop a massive space empire cold is what Marvel is all about. :P

Well it's just not a few people. It's a super soldier, a rage monster, a god, a guy with a super advanced battle suit...ummm...a funny guy with a bow and arrow, and a smoking hot redhead.

Likely one of those "take out the leadership and the rank and file just go away" situations. The army is taking orders from Loki so if he gets taken from the picture they might not care enough to keep fighting. Besides having a few people stop a massive space empire cold is what Marvel is all about. :P

All that matters.

• 1 month later...

I would like to be Iron Woman, lol.

If you were an Avenger, who would you be? What power would you choose? >

Iron Woman ! lol

Loved the movie!

I take it you got a sneak-peak? Was the SHIELD guard slamming the hatch shut on that Acura extremely handsome? :innocent:

I take it you got a sneak-peak? Was the SHIELD guard slamming the hatch shut on that Acura extremely handsome? :innocent:

Yes, a "sneak peek" lol

Best part was hulk IMO.

Wow!! I saw the movie in 3D!! I say, Hulk is the best in this movie, and without Iron man no one is going anywhere near Loki!! I mean yeah, Iron Man and Hulk really scored this time and without them, the whole battle would have been a waste!

And, Awesomeness, I admire Captain America!

Good movie. Much enjoyed. The audience even clapped at the end lol.

Is it weird that one of the first things i did after watching the movie is look up avengers slash on the net?

Actually it's already out in Cinemas here in Australia - absolutely loved it, the Hulk and Thor lmao

They should really try and release movies at the same time world-wide, if they plan on getting around piracy issues.

• Like 2