Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If someone like Nostradamus appeared today

Raptor Witness

IPB Image\

A founder of sects , much trouble for the accuser:
A beast in the theatre prepares the scene and plot.
The author ennobled by acts of older times;
the world is confused by schismatic sects.
Century I, Quatrain 45

[attachmentid=29779]

"Myths are simply the collective subconscious of mankind. They are a sense organ for our species. We see the future because we see with many eyes.

The failure of some to understand this will not prevent the organ from working properly."

Raptor - ["The Legend of the Thunderbird" - Posted: May 24, 2004 2:20 P.M.]

post-42343-1164995940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness

So your assertion is that because it "violates the psychological dynamic of how people have been indoctrinated" it can not occur?

*I guess 'multiple messengers', but not a diluted 'Prophet'. Possibly there is a quality called 'wave psychology' that effects Time Consciousness relationships.

Perhaps this psychological dynamic is exactly what will be transformed. Just because it is "how" people formed a perception of absolute authority in the past does not qualify it as eternal or even desirable.

I'm guessing this out, but I'd answer as in my last *.

Who said anything about multiple prophets.

I thought you were indicating this in your post from yesterday.

I was talking about enlightenment of the masses and a collective shift of conscious awareness of truth. We have somecommon truths we share as humans already, but they are grounded in what we know of our experience on earth. We have mass awareness that life on earth is not permanent and that we all have mortality. There are many commonalities of experience in human life. What varies are all matters speculative or subjective. We do not agree on the meaning of life or what lies beyond this experience.

True, there is a wide latitude for individual speculation on meaning, but ultimately, our collective un-conscious predicts a wave(once again).

Whatever paradigm shift we can expect temporally, I don't think its possible in the A-Temporal real world.

Hmmmm.. :blush: Now I'm lost, because this A-Temporal collective unconscious thing seems to imply a dream, and dreams don't seem to obey any of this stuff I'm talking. :wacko::lol:

It seems that in time, this will resolve itself. Just as we learned more about the universe when we discovered the earth wasn't flat. This once universally held belief is now laughed at as insane, and has been (very slowly timewise) converted to a universally held disbelief.

The paradox to that is that the universe is thought to manifest as a 'wave', so it itself is possibly flat, and is also curved- both at the same time.

The same will evolve in human consciousness of our spiritual reality beyond this dimension. Eventually it will not be argued or debated but will become accepted truth, whatever the truth actually is. Just like the round earth, the truth does exist even if it is not universally acknowledged at this time in history.

But the 'truth' can only be 'one' ultimately, and therefore it too is a 'wave'.

All is a wave from 'one'.

Now if everyone could just stop killing each other over conflicting versions of the great "truth" we might all get there a bit sooner.

Maybe the answer is in there("great truth'), and that's why, 'one Prophet' is desirable.

Nobody, not even the most fanatical of Nostradamuss disciples, has a clue what the passages might have meant before something acctually happens that might fit the "prophecy", then the retroprophets shoehornes the event to fit the "prophecy."

James Randi and Cheetham read one of the more famous translations of the quatrains, allegedly predicting the rise of Adolf Hitler to power in Germany. Neither translation seems to make much sense, but at least Randis recognizes that "Hister" refers to a geographical region, not a person. (Hister is an ancient name for the Danube region.)

One thing Nostradamus didnt "predict" was that he would become a one-man industry in the 20th century. Publishing houses will never go broke printing the latest predictions culled from his manuscripts. Money is the future.

Agreed. I have theory about how prophecy works, however. It isn't designed to be understood until the events unfold or occur. The reason wasn't obvious to me at first, but as time has gone on, I've theorized why this is so. One theory, is that mysterious presentation prevents the events from being altered by human beings. Second, this may be to prevent the prophet or others from profiting from the gift. The reason I say this, is because I've done some experiments in my own life and found that if I try and profit from an inspired dream or verbiage written under the influence of the Spirit, I cannot. In fact, just the opposite occurs. I will lose money. Regardless of what people may want to believe, either it's purely accidental that this happens, or you could conclude that there's a hidden rule of some kind, which is what I believe.

God's contact with human beings is not always sweet. Sometimes He spews us out of His mouth, because as He says, we are neither hot nor cold. Such is the state of mankind now. Satan has dulled our spiritual senses to the point where we can no longer recognize the gifts God has given us. Hence, the curious prediction outlined in my signature. The "peril" results from a failure to recognize "the power" of God. So God sends someone to wake us up. The messenger is then murdered, society collapses, reflects, and reform follows.

It's a pattern that repeats over and over in human history. The reform is not always good, however, as history witnessed after the fall of the Russian monarchy. For what student can deny that [Rasputin] was something out of this world? If the Czar had listened to him 100%, how might history have been different? It's another example of what God does immediately before the dissolution or decline of any great nation or power. He always warns them through these seemingly "mad" human appearances, and harming the prophet is always the final straw before judgement comes. It's like a [boomerang.] You can throw it at the prophet or seer, but it's coming back at you from Heaven; and if you're not looking, your head is suddenly separated from your body. :unsure2:

Every sin we repent of has makes us spiritually more powerful. Why would an evil gift increase with self denial? Why would Satan reward self denial and repentance? On the contrary, I encourage everyone to repent of whatever they feel is wrong in their own lives. Not just because it's right, but because your spiritual gifts increase by doing so.

I believe all prophets are a little whacko and seemingly "misguided" for their time.

If they weren't, how would they be any different from the spiritually dull masses God is trying to communicate with, and why would they always be murdered or threatened with murder?

I'll connect more previously published dots here, in time, but I am being cautioned to pray and reflect for now. The enemy would like to have me for dinner, but lately he finds that he is choking on his own vomit.

Edited by Raptor Witness

When President Bush recently lost his "body" politic, he stated that he welcomed any suggestions. I have only one, because there is only one action that the United States can take to regain the moral high ground on earth, and have immediate results.

Immediately but quietly suspend all weapon sales from our soil, abroad. Forget the influence it gives you. Find something else to sell the world to replace the weapons of violence. Take a financial hit on this, even if it costs you thousands of jobs. You will be repaid later, handsomely. If you do this, God will return to your side and fight with and for you. If you fail to do this, He will destroy you as surely as the sun rises in the East and sets on the West. It's your choice. If you make the correct one, it won't matter if the rest of the world goes to Hell.

"Since the end of the Cold War, the United States has dominated the global arms market, in terms of the value of arms transfer agreements and in arms deliveries." [Air Force Magazine]

IPB Image\

Or

IPB Image\
Edited by Raptor Witness

• 3 weeks later...

Raptor Witness,

My goodness man, you have got to be one of the more 'blessed' writers I have read here. I love your theories on prohpesy above.

As for Nostradamus: a prohpet is a prophet. If he has the gift then noone can take it away from him - including he himself. What I mean is many dispell him as a true prophet because he does not line up with their religious faction. But inspite of this I believe he has produce viable prophesy for our time.

Fascinating. The cross was a capital punishment device, set forth by the Roman authorities to display the bodies, the suffering, of those accused and punished for what was judged some of the most heinous crimes against the State. Now we're told it is prophesied there is but "one way" to save the United States, said to be a christian nation, from it's own demise. A Nation who's power structure, the Senate, is founded on the precepts of that of the ancient Romans.

Stop the arms sales abroad and we'll be blessed under by the light of an icon of death, through the propagation of a death cult philosophy. Or, we'll parish in the shadow of the violence we sustain with weapons sales abroad, making our Nation a secular example of a death cult, for all the blood letting we contribute to abroad, in the name of a capitalist regime. Like again unto our Roman forebears.

Hell of a choice. Considering, if the ancient Romans had the arms inventory we have today, they would have exploited it to the fullest, as they did in their time, with what they had in the contemporary arena, to subjugate most of the known world to their will. The only difference between the zealots prophecy in muslim fanaticism and this, is the god ideology that sets the standard. Damnation, by another name, is damnation all the same. In the name of a god, at the hands of man.

The United States began as an island of Christians, who sought refuge from a system of government, which they grew to hate. Now, as the sun begins to set on that sanctuary, the stars are coming out, but also the darkness surrounding them.

The fallen Lucifer as defined by God in [Ezekiel 28] mirrors the behavior of the United States on earth. It was easy to select the one thing which they will never repent of. For behold, [they fly defiantly into the setting sun] like Horus himself. -------->>> [A prophecy against the NASArites]

Edited by Scare_crow

I think this man would be subjected to all 4 choices and that's why he's been busy creating a framework to protect him from all manner of deniability. He's become the predator of the predators. He is in the east coast, born 1962 on the vernal equinox when no shadow was cast in New York, N.Y.

I'm curious what the readers here think would happen, if a prophet as good as [Nostradamus;] or even better, appeared in our modern society? [Jean Dixon] was pretty good, but I'm talking about someone of Biblical proportions and authority. You may recall that Jean Dixon predicted the death of JFK, and she also predicted the curious birth of a spiritually gifted person in 1962, after seeing an unusual conjunction of planets. To date this person has not appeared, but could he or she be out there, waiting in the wings?

Assume this person was an American, and could produce good documented evidence of his or her ability. How would the U.S. government react to this? What do you predict they would they do, if say, this person began to prophecy against the society in general?

1) Hunt the prophet down like a mad dog and kill him or her?

2) Try to discredit the prophet, with all manner of dirty tricks and deceptions?

3) Welcome the prophet openly and warmly, asking for helpful suggestions?

4) Brand the prophet a terrorist, and enact new laws forbidding the practice of prophecy?

This is a serious question and I'd appreciate some thoughtful remarks.

Interesting photograhs above, of an upturned umbrella and red pictogram, considering what occurred today at President Bush's ranch near Crawford, TX. Prophetic insight? Omen? For indeed, he was sent running for cover, under threat of a dark funnel shaped cloud that passed overhead nearby.

Congratulations Raptor? I'd call that at least as good as Nostradamus, and a heck of a lot faster turn-around, too. :tu:

[CNN Link - President takes cover during tornado scare Dec. 29, 2006]

Edited by Scare_crow

• 4 weeks later...
When President Bush recently lost his "body" politic, he stated that he welcomed any suggestions. I have only one, because there is only one action that the United States can take to regain the moral high ground on earth, and have immediate results.

Immediately but quietly suspend all weapon sales from our soil, abroad. Forget the influence it gives you. Find something else to sell the world to replace the weapons of violence. Take a financial hit on this, even if it costs you thousands of jobs. You will be repaid later, handsomely. If you do this, God will return to your side and fight with and for you. If you fail to do this, He will destroy you *as surely as the sun rises in the East and sets on the West. It's your choice. If you make the correct one, it won't matter if the rest of the world goes to Hell.

"Since the end of the Cold War, the United States has dominated the global arms market, in terms of the value of arms transfer agreements and in arms deliveries." [Air Force Magazine]

linked-image

Or

linked-image

Interesting *statement, especially considering this development. [China confirms satellite downed] "East" = China, "Rises" = space program, "sets on" = downing of satellite?

The United States began as an island of Christians, who sought refuge from a system of government, which they grew to hate. Now, as the sun begins to set on that sanctuary, the stars are coming out, but also the darkness surrounding them.

The fallen Lucifer as defined by God in [Ezekiel 28] mirrors the behavior of the United States on earth. It was easy to select the one thing which they will never repent of. For behold, [they fly defiantly into the setting sun] like Horus himself. -------->>> [A prophecy against the NASArites]

• 1 year later...

Below is a continuation of an argument that I started here, above ...

It is no accident that a hurricane named "Ike" slammed into Houston's Mission Control, and immediate chaos struck the world's financial system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine [the irony] of an earthly state, separated from God ... BY LAW, using "God" to back its currency.

Since you say that you "trust" God, how come you do not listen to His servant?

I hear no calls for repentance from your public officials, but I pull your state issued currency out of my pocket and read that you "trust God" to back you.

Abandon the rebuilt Tower of Babel in the sky and humble yourselves, or very soon there will be storms under the earth that will make those above, look like cool autumn breezes, and you can take that to the bank of God Almighty.

linked-image

linked-image

[Link]

• 3 weeks later...

Seal up the sky over her, and let every living creature that moves flee [her boundary,] save the men shaking their fists.

Sweep away every glint of green, until like a little Sahara, she becomes.

• 2 months later...

Note: The Moderator may remove the duplicate link immediately above, as a slight correction was necessary to the top photo. Sorry, but it's an important change in symbolism.

To the rebuilt

on earth, send the wind within.

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

• 1 month later...
Note: The Moderator may remove the duplicate link immediately above, as a slight correction was necessary to the top photo. Sorry, but it's an important change in symbolism.

Done :tu:

I'm curious what the readers here think would happen, if a prophet as good as [Nostradamus;] or even better, appeared in our modern society? [Jean Dixon] was pretty good, but I'm talking about someone of Biblical proportions and authority. You may recall that Jean Dixon predicted the death of JFK, and she also predicted the curious birth of a spiritually gifted person in 1962, after seeing an unusual conjunction of planets. To date this person has not appeared, but could he or she be out there, waiting in the wings?

I have to start this by saying Nostradamus wasn't as good as some of you think he is. He did not make all the predictions many of you think he did. He was a stoner who wrote thousands of predictions that had never occurred nor did he predict any 20th century events either.

Assume this person was an American, and could produce good documented evidence of his or her ability. How would the U.S. government react to this? What do you predict they would they do, if say, this person began to prophecy against the society in general?

The government would offer them a 6 figure salary to work for the Pentagon.

2) Try to discredit the prophet, with all manner of dirty tricks and deceptions?

4) Brand the prophet a terrorist, and enact new laws forbidding the practice of prophecy?

I have to start this by saying Nostradamus wasn't as good as some of you think he is. He did not make all the predictions many of you think he did. He was a stoner who wrote thousands of predictions that had never occurred nor did he predict any 20th century events either.

The government would offer them a 6 figure salary to work for the Pentagon.

My [prior predictions] about the Bank of America,

are coming true ...

This institution's failure is the key to the solvency of the United States as a whole, because as I have [previously indicated here,] anything or anyone that attempts to save Countrywide, shall suffer a similar fate. When the Bank of America purchased her, they immediately were doomed. That means, that if the United States nationalizes the Bank of America, the Federal Reserve System will likewise go BANKRUPT.

While the depositors should be protected, I advise that this institution be allowed to fail, and disappear from the face of the earth, FOREVER.

linked-image

[Link]

Your predictions were based solely on logical guesstimations from which you made based on a half decent knowledge of market conditions etc.

All kinds of market analysts etc. made the same predictions and likely even before you did.

Your predictions were based solely on logical guesstimations from which you made based on a half decent knowledge of market conditions etc.

All kinds of market analysts etc. made the same predictions and likely even before you did.

Sorry, but I don't recall anyone saying that the largest bank in the world, would be worth 10% of what it was, only a year ago. This isn't just any bank. [bank of America] is the largest financial services company in the world, in terms of assets.

If you can find anyone who predicted this collapse, I'll show you a very wealthy man ... if he shorted the stock.

I would have made a fortune, and this is the second time that I could of done it.

If you are correct, then there should be some people bragging about the money they made, shorting the stock of B of A.

When you find "those" people, please let me know, because I want them to make a donation to [the Kiva.]

This is a serious question and I'd appreciate some thoughtful remarks.

What makes you think Nostradamus was a good prophet?

All I have seen in past tense interpretation. That is not prophecy that is bs.

Sorry, but I don't recall anyone saying that the largest bank in the world, would be worth 10% of what it was, only a year ago. This isn't just any bank. [bank of America] is the largest financial services company in the world, in terms of assets.

If you can find anyone who predicted this collapse, I'll show you a very wealthy man ... if he shorted the stock.

I would have made a fortune, and this is the second time that I could of done it.

If you are correct, then there should be some people bragging about the money they made, shorting the stock of B of A.

When you find "those" people, please let me know, because I want them to make a donation to [the Kiva.]

Do you think people shorting stock go round and tell everyone?

Meaningless.

Do you think people shorting stock go round and tell everyone?

Sure they do. It's legal, in the United States, anyway, and if you're right, lucrative. What's more, other people might think you were smart.

No point keeping mum about something like that.

Here's a famous dude who wrote a book about it:

http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/57425590

Writing a book ought to do until "go round and tell everyone" shows up.