Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre But True Time Travel Experiences

aurumsolis

Bizarre But True Time Travel Experiences

True stories that challenge our concept of time and reality

Here are some very peculiar stories of rare instances in which time doesn’t seem to flow in the way we normally experience it. People report gaps in time, jumps through time, missing time, and perhaps even glimpses into past or future events.

http://www.lifetechnology.org/blog/2006/09...ime-travel.html

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Walker

• Alienated Being

• Jjbreen

• xstortionist

If true, those stories are incrediable. I would need a witness just to prove to myself that it happened. I wonder how often this occurs and don't get recorded because of the fear of being labeled crazy or something.

If true I would be very intrested in knowing what would cause time warps.

could it be the people having some sort of temp power to munipulate time?

could just some weerd random avent beyond are understanding have happend.?

or maybe a rip in time or a slite malfunion in the fabric of time.

There are many possible explanations for some of these stories, both normal and paranormal. Usually I would give a couple of paranormal possibilities, but just to play the devil's advocate, here are a couple of real world scenarios. The kids one is easy. They skipped school and came up with an incredible story that people focussed on rather than their absence from school. Very clever. To explain how people can have time paradoxes as a real event, I will give two real examples from my family. A middle aged uncle was out boating on lake eyre on one of those occasions when it was filled with water. He was experienced, both with boats, and the outback, and when he failed to return at the time he had given, a search party was sent out for him. He was spotted by a plane, sitting next to his boat on a low island, and was safely rescued. When his rescuers asked what had happened, he explained that he had woken up in the morning with no memory of how he had got to his location. He had lost any memory of the past 24 hours, and thus the ability to find his way back to his 4 wheel drive. Knowing that he would be searched for, he had rightly stayed in the same spot.

Again in his middle age, my father woke up one saturday morning and said to my mum (his wife of 30 odd years) "what are you doing in my bed". Mum, thinking he was joking, said Something like, "the same thing Ive been doing since we got married." However when dad, in increasing distress, asked," who are you?" Mum knew something was wrong. She called an ambulance and dad was taken to hospital with no knowledge of about 30 years of his life, but perfect memories before that. Now comes the weird part. Over the next few hours dad regained his lost memory up to the point where he woke up, but he then lost, and never rcovered his memory of the event,from the time he woke up until his old memories recovered.

In both cases medical examinations led the doctors to diagnose an event called partial or total, temporary global amnesia. There is no known medical cause. There is no indication of any long term ill effects at all. The event is so rare that most people have never heard of it, and yet the symptoms, if recognised jump out at doctors even in the relatively small country city where we lived. THe event closely resembles, but is not, a mini stroke. Now imagine this happening to other people where neither they or a medical practitioner, if one was even consulted, recognised what had happened. The one lasting reult, with no medical evidence to support it, and no physical trauma to explain it, is the complete loss of time from a short period, up to a day or more. All that you do within the event time frame is lost to your memory forever.

aurumsolis,

Here's mine and strange but true this is..........

This one below has been unexplainable to me for 30 years. Was it time travel? A gain in time? This wouldn't happen again to me in a million years!

In late 1974 Faces and Rod Stewart's "Stay With Me" hit song started as I entered Evansville, Indiana's US 41 stop light corridor. There were twelve traffic lights in 7.1 miles. The "green light" for go went perfect with his lyrics," For tonight your going to stay with me." I didn't speed with my tractor/trailer's full load of Kentucky hogs, and I made every light green in exactly four minutes and thirty five seconds.

Rod's song ended with the drum beat finish at light twelve. In the forty-five mph speed zone I needed to be going sixty two point two six mph for this to happen. I only went the speed limit as usual. After this happened my only thoughts were, "Now just how cool was that!"

This took years to set in about what may have happened. My wife and I started the song in the same spot five winters ago, and it ended half way through. With light traffic it took us nine minutes. I've never heard a longer or doctored version of "Stay with me."

I was able to tell this time gain or time shift story to America's Coast to Coast Live with Ian Punnett and R.Gary Patterson as his guest last January. My one question to The Fox Mulder of Rock n Roll was, "Gary? Have you ever heard of a longer version of "Stay With Me"? Gary said, "No, I can't say that I have."

Strange but true as bizzare as it sounds.

MK

Edited by Malaria_Kidd

Hmm, how are these "true" stories? What makes you think that these individuals are not making up complete and utter bullsh**?

Hmm, how are these "true" stories? What makes you think that these individuals are not making up complete and utter bullsh**?

Because they wouldn't do that! :innocent:

They are of 'good character'. I mean why would anyone make up stories like this?? What purpose would that have? :devil:

I mean, they are expecting us to accept their good character, their honesty, their well - obviously telling the truth! ;)

Jerry - :ph34r:

Because they wouldn't do that! :innocent:

They are of 'good character'. I mean why would anyone make up stories like this?? What purpose would that have? :devil:

I mean, they are expecting us to accept their good character, their honesty, their well - obviously telling the truth! ;)

Jerry - :ph34r:

:no: Your sarcasm makes me sad.

:no: Your sarcasm makes me sad.

I'm sorry - :mellow:

I'll go sit in my corner and ponder the meaning of life as I pull out the blue lint from my navel.

But i could sware you stated:

But I could be wrong - it's happened a "few" times.

Jerry The "why is the lint in my navel blue??" (yes I do know why.) :ph34r:

Thought for a minute you were talking about my stories, but then realised you meant the ones which opened the thread. On further consideration realised that is what I was trying to say by giving my examples. Sometimes people tell what they have seen and percieve to be the truth, but there may well forces at work which are either not seen, or not understood, which may throw a completely different perspective on the situation. It also made me realise that even what i wrote would be hard to "prove" now, although there are probably a few independent witnesses and some old medical records around somewhere. And my Uncle did make the front page of a number of Australian newspapers (not many people are found sitting next to their boat on an islet in the Australian outback.)

Here is a classic story some of you may or may not have read before:

There is the paradox of the man who is his own mother. "Jane" is left at an orphanage as a foundling. When "Jane" is a teenager, she falls in love with a drifter, who abandons her but leaves her pregnant. Then disaster strikes. She almost dies giving birth to a baby girl, who is then mysteriously kidnapped. The doctors find that Jane is bleeding badly, but, oddly enough, has both sex organs. So, to save her life, the doctors convert "Jane" to "Jim."

"Jim" subsequently becomes a roaring drunk, until he meets a friendly bartender (actually a time traveler in disguise) who wisks "Jim" way back into the past. "Jim" meets a beautiful teenage girl, then accidentally gets her pregnant with a baby girl. Out of guilt, he kidnaps the baby girl and drops her off at the orphanage. Later, "Jim" joins the time travelers corps, leads a distinguished life, and has one last dream: to disguise himself as a bartender to meet a certain drunk named "Jim" in the past. So, who is "Jane's" mother, father, brother, sister, grandfather, grandmother, and grandchild?

Now, obviously, this example of a time travel paradox isn't true, but I thought it was interesting enough to share.

Not sure who fathered/mothered who in that case.

I experienced time-travel once. A twenty-five minute drive took me only 5 minutes. I left my house for work at the normal time. I got there 25 minutes earlier than I should have. I like to arrive 5 minutes early. The next day my car clock and house clock were in sync with my work clock as usual. The next day left at the same time as the day before and the 25 minute ride took me 25 minutes. I have never had another experience like that and I hope I never do again. I hate work enough without having to be there extra time.

sorry to burst the bubble of these stories, but these are indeed "Stories" of a writer.

This is what we call a plot pilot where you writes short stories that are all about the same thing.

YOu can tell this is a writer writing this because he has posted in i believe the 3rd or 4th stories "ghost photos"

which seems to be where photos would be placed which is why he put "ghost photos" which means they are not there at the moment.

I hope this clears thigns up for you folk who want to believe these stories are real.

• 3 years later...

Hello.

I experienced time travel once too.

It was several years ago: I was tired after a sleepless night, but still had some shopping to do before the shops closed, so I looked at my digital watch, and saw that there was still two hours left before it was too late, so decided to take a quick nap. When I awoke, I looked at my watch, and saw it was 45 minutes BEFORE I took my nap. Baffled, but unsure whether it could mean something wrong, I got out of my place, just in case it was meant to prevent me from being hit by an asteroid crashing the building, or else. :-) That's all. No lights and bolts, no explanation whatsoever.