Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another end of World sign

Aztec Warrior

By Gunther Hamm

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Clouds of locusts have descended around the Mexican beach resort of Cancun, destroying corn crops and worrying officials in a region still recovering from the devastating fury of last year's Hurricane Wilma.

Traveling in dark fogs, locusts are grasshoppers that have entered a swarming phase, capable of covering large distances and rapidly stripping fields of vegetation.

"Imagine, they fly in the form of a flock. Imagine the width of a street," government official Martin Rodriguez said on Tuesday, describing the fields around Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula.

Towns have formed pesticide-armed brigades and are winning the war against the 3-week-old plague that has left tourist areas unharmed, authorities said.

Squads wait until night when the flying insects are roosting on plants to blast them. They carry motorized backpack pumps to shoot chemicals in a crusade that has affected from 2,000 to 2,500 acres of farm land.

"It is a war, effectively," said German Parra, a senior agriculture official in the Gulf state of Quintana Roo, home of tourist resorts Cancun and Playa del Carmen.

Hot weather and an absence of mobility-limiting hurricanes have allowed the insects to breed more than normal but authorities hope to end the infestation in the next eight days.

The insects have focused on agricultural areas, sparing beachgoers another disaster after last year's Hurricane Wilma, which ravaged Cancun and other Caribbean coast resorts and caused hundreds of millions of dollars in damages and lost revenue.

Destruction to corn crops has been lessened because the locusts came after most of the harvesting was finished, officials said.

Locusts, which typically come to the region in four-year cycles, are most famous as one of the 10 biblical plagues of Egypt. "We hope that God will take pity on us and help us," said Parra with a laugh.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aztec Warrior

• BurnSide

• Roj47

• Raptor Witness

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This happens every year.

Please include a link to your article source.

I believe it happens every four years. I used the entire Reuters article but here is the link.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22

Right, as it says in the article.

Definitely not a sign of the end of the world if it's always been a comon occurance though.

Sure it is a relatively common occurence. But aren't all the end of the world signs basically common occurences. For instance, earthquakes, plagues and pestilence, floods ect are all more or less common. I guess the question would be, are they all happening at the same time or in other words is the frequency of events increasing.

Just keeping an eye on things.

:lol: Yes they are, that's why 'end of the world' signs are bunk. Because all these events that apparently signify the end of the world, are natural comon occurances.

i am getting so sick of all these "end of the world" threads. just cheer up and enjoy life, if the world ends then it ends. :tu:

i am getting so sick of all these "end of the world" threads. just cheer up and enjoy life, if the world ends then it ends. :tu:

It would be like a day without morning coffee if someone didn't post a end of world something. :D

Take what I say with a grain of salt as much of it is Tongue and Cheek. :tu:

It's like the Nostradamas syndrome. You can rationalize something that has already occurred and interprete it as you wish. To PREDICT an unusual event in advance is almost unheard of.

Some people maybe tired of hearing it but titles like this still get attention.

It's like the Nostradamas syndrome. You can rationalize something that has already occurred and interprete it as you wish. To PREDICT an unusual event in advance is almost unheard of.

There are rules. If prophecy was too obvious ahead of time, it could be influenced by the hand of man, or profited by him. ;)

See if you can figure out what events might be applicable to this curious modern day prophecy.

[1989 Prophecy]

[attachmentid=28590]

post-42343-1159470567.jpg

There are rules. If prophecy was too obvious ahead of time, it could be influenced by the hand of man, or profited by him. ;)

See if you can figure out what events might be applicable to this curious modern day prophecy.

[1989 Prophecy]

[attachmentid=28590]

if you belive this guy well more full yours has john pual pop had said in his word all network and all net peeps like every one who use it is speaking all of evil mines only one man who can tell us about thinks is man him self is god if you belive in him he will come in his own time and take us all way in his own world belive me he will all in good time his is watch us now and listening thats why he is up set about this world and want is going on round us why is man not doing his bit is to help others and show them the way .

he will come in his own way he will show you sin s of his comeing in his own way so do watch out in time he will come in his own ways man must do there bit to man ways round the world to help others and theys are not just messing up the world thats why he is mad about us and the world . watch this spaces for more infor :::: more on his way see yours for now .bye

post-14992-1159874502.jpg

if you belive this guy well more full yours has john pual pop had said in his word all network and all net peeps like every one who use it is speaking all of evil mines only one man who can tell us about thinks is man him self is god if you belive in him he will come in his own time and take us all way in his own world belive me he will all in good time his is watch us now and listening thats why he is up set about this world and want is going on round us why is man not doing his bit is to help others and show them the way ...

OK :huh:

I'm at this time going to predict that the end of the world will be the end of the world.

Anyone care to debate? B)

No, the world has already ended, we just don't know it. :lol:

Edited by Bone_Collector

I doubt it. God does not wish to destroy the world He created. Enjoy life and stop looking for death, the end isn't near.

I doubt it. God does not wish to destroy the world He created. Enjoy life and stop looking for death, the end isn't near.

Everything is relative.

Take the Earth at just over 5 billion years old, and the sun as having 5 billion years left.

That means we are nearer the end than the start.

Edited by Roj47

I wonder if playing "the end of days" with a group of events that are common occurances (sp?) proves into the hands of those who think the book is well.. just another book. If indeed the book was written by the minds of men influenced by God then why not pick something that would be so outrageous that when it did happen we knew what it was without question. *shrugs* But anyways.. back to the crops.. man that sucks. lol