Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazing Meteor Video!

Atheist God

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raptor Witness

• Mysterious Molecules

• Atheist God

• Abecrombie

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be a party pooper but as spectacular as this video is I am fairly sure that this is not a meteor. I have come to this conclusion for several reasons.

As can be seen in the image below the object appears to be below the clouds. A meteor would be expected to be at a considerably higher altitude.

user posted image

The object also makes a turn to the right. This is also not behaviour I would expect from a meteor. The final point I would make is that I would expect a metor to be incandescent and in the first picture it would appear to be so. However look at the image below taken as the object turns. This is clearly a solid object that isn't glowing.

user posted image

As is obvious from the colour of the sky this video was taken just after sunset. I believe we are seeing a fast moving jet aircraft. Both the jet and the contrail are high enough to still be in sunshine and it is the reflection of the sun off of the aircraft and contrail that makes them look so bright.

I must point out that I am not in expert in either meteors or video analysis, but look again at the video and you will see that my points are valid.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

Well, I had a good look at that video and I do agree with waspie. It's obvious the sun is glinting off of something and that something is clearly not on fire. If it was on fire, it surely wouldn't glint like sunlight hitting metal, that's for sure. It doesn't seem to me to be turning, though...it looks more like an arc as it looks like it's falling and gravity will suck it in faster as it gets closer plus air will make it slow down. I dunno what it could be as it seems to be a bit fast for a jet, but it's definitely not a meteor as those things do not burn out before they hit the ground. I dunno, this has me stumped.

Now I am confused. It is a beautiful shot of the sky. Hope more people respond and give their opinion.

I thought it looked abit odd aswell with the lens flare thingy, but if it's not enhanced it's still looks pretty cool.

I think our moderator may be correct, as I can only find one follow-up in the main stream media to this story. Here's a shot of the thing landing in the desert. [Meteor Landing]

I think our moderator may be correct, as I can only find one follow-up in the main stream media to this story. Here's a shot of the thing landing in the desert. [Meteor Landing]

I will admit mine may not be a meteor but this one was definatly not real.

That truck would have been obliterated along with all the guys standing around.

It has already been admitted to being nolthing more then a viral marketing campaign for the Toyota Tacoma made by Method Studios and directed by Baker Smith and distributed by this website here. http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2684185

Your video has absolutly no relation to the video I had posted and thus not a mainstream follow-up.

Edited by GanjaGuru