Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aztec Warrior

Beware of the witches of Mexico

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Witches, warlocks, shamans, curers, sorcerers, or whatever they may be called, the practitioners of magic-both white and black are revered and sometimes feared in Mexico.

For this is a country where belief in the occult proliferates not only among the rural and uneducated segments of society, but permeates the upper classes as well.

So prevalent is witchcraft in Mexico, its practitioners have their own national convention. Held each March in the tiny town of Catemaco, Veracruz, it draws witches, warlocks, curers, shamans, psychics, parapsychologists, wizards and sorcerers from all over the country. It is believed the site and the date for this event go back to the ancient Olmecs and is based on the annual ceremonies that purified their temples. :tu:

http://www.mexicotravel.net/demo2/index.cf...mp;article_id=9

travel advisory, be warned!

http://www.planeta.com/planeta/00/0005mxwitches.html :o

Edited by Aztec Warrior

i dont get what the :angry2: face is for?!? it looks like you are unhappy about this convention.

sounds like a paranormal star trek convention to me, whats the big deal? by your name and avatar i would assume you would be the first one through the door.

live long and prosper aztec warrior, nanu nanu and all that.

Law and Order did an episode on these witches living in New York.

The witch took care of elderly people and was also registered nurse.

She would make them get ill with potions and then after no one else could find out what was wrong and help them, she "helped" them get better for a small price.

She did this over and over again where they kept getting better and worse again and the price kept getting higher. When she had all of the money from them she wanted then she killed them with her potions, and it appeared a progressive illness had done it to others.

Honestly, it was the only halloween style witch they had. I'll edit it out.

Did any of you know that witches can conjure forth a poltergiest with certains spells? Without protection, the poltergeist canl return to its maker with a vengence. The wicca consider the poltergiest as a lower form demon.

FYI

Sage is used to cleanse an environment. So are several types of incense and sweet grass. Indian sage will not stop spirits. It is used to cleanse an area of energy, infuse a sense of tranquility or to create a positive flow of energy. All three can be done with proper smudging techniques. I would suggest you look Wicca facts on Shielding, Grounding, Connecting and look around at the various threads on smudging and cleansing. I think these will all help those that are afflicted through this. Here is one for NoahJ.

I think I heard on tv a cop in Mexico said a alien dressed like a witch flew into his car or something.

I don't think it is right to sell things for ingestion that do not pass health or saftey inspections.

If they want to sell the recipes that would seem ok.

Another reason not to visit Mexico. No thank you.

Their own convention? Do they share each others spells/magic/secrets too?

Oh for the love of the gods...

Fear what you don't understand, and spread complete noncense to make others fear like you, huh?

Black magic isn't evil... infact if you'd bother to talk to those who have been a witch longer then they have been in high school, along with staying off verious websites that contain complete noncence.. you'd know that black is concidered a power color. Neutral if anything, to boost the use of other colors.

Top that off... to believe you can summon things like demons or whatever.. What are you going to tell me next, that every spell used in "The Craft" was real to?

Yes, some can cast spells... which is like a prayer to their god or goddess of choice with items to help carry it through. However, the outcome of spell casting is always up to the fates or the gods to be carried out.

So in other words... Just because a group of pagans(Witches, shamans, medican man, wizards...) want to get together for a gathering... don't fear it, or issue warnings. It's not hurting you, unless you like letting fear of what you don't understand harm you.

A gathering of Christians scares me more than a gathering of witches.

Fear what you don't understand, and spread complete noncense to make others fear like you, huh?

Black magic isn't evil... infact if you'd bother to talk to those who have been a witch longer then they have been in high school, along with staying off verious websites that contain complete noncence.. you'd know that black is concidered a power color. Neutral if anything, to boost the use of other colors.

Oh I know. It's how Mexico is being right now. That's all.

I understand not everything is "evil" & goes along with The Devil himself.

I rather not incounter a person down there who is willing to hurt my family & myself.

Of course this does sound a bit weird for me. Who knew such people lived down there?

The various websites that I read about witches in Mexico all included that selling potions is a thriving business there.

I have no desire to have narcotics, poisons, or hallucinogens dumped in my food or drink without my knowing it.

To me their description resembled that of illegal drug sellers with the added threat that many of the potions are intended to be used on others than the ones making the purchases.

Top that off... to believe you can summon things like demons or whatever.. What are you going to tell me next, that every spell used in "The Craft" was real to?

Yes, some can cast spells... which is like a prayer to their god or goddess of choice with items to help carry it through. However, the outcome of spell casting is always up to the fates or the gods to be carried out.

So in other words... Just because a group of pagans(Witches, shamans, medican man, wizards...) want to get together for a gathering... don't fear it, or issue warnings. It's not hurting you, unless you like letting fear of what you don't understand harm you.

You are reading to much into the article i quoted. I never said, nor did the article, that "black magic is evil' . Who said I was fearful? Who said witches were "hurting" me? All I did was post some Facts, not my personal opinion.

Zero reading comprehension, the obvious result of your American education system.

:wacko:

Did any of you know that witches can conjure forth a poltergiest with certains spells? Without protection, the poltergeist canl return to its maker with a vengence. The wicca consider the poltergiest as a lower form demon.

FYI

Sage is used to cleanse an environment. So are several types of incense and sweet grass. Indian sage will not stop spirits. It is used to cleanse an area of energy, infuse a sense of tranquility or to create a positive flow of energy. All three can be done with proper smudging techniques. I would suggest you look Wicca facts on Shielding, Grounding, Connecting and look around at the various threads on smudging and cleansing. I think these will all help those that are afflicted through this. Here is one for NoahJ.

False information... that's what I was drawing from. That and ... Moon Princess's comment, thus sparked my rant.

Zero reading comprehension on your part.

FYI

not so sure about the poltergeist thing, but i have heard of smudgings before, i have seens poeple do it after rituals to remove any residual energy from the area, never done it myself though

A gathering of Christians scares me more than a gathering of witches.

:lol: same here, whenever Christians gather, something bad is bound to happen lol

agreed, fear of what you dont understand, i hate people who think just because its different its "evil" if anything i would suggest going to observe them and see what its all about so you actually know what your talking about next time

Edited by demonic presence

False information... that's what I was drawing from. That and ... Moon Princess's comment, thus sparked my rant.

Zero reading comprehension on your part.

Ooops, sorry. I didn't know my comment would spark a rant. ^^;

But you're totally right on everything you said.

It's alright hon X) You really shouldn't let a pagan gathering stop you from visiting Mexico. It is an astounding country. I absolutely loved my visit there... I saw and done things that I'd never of been able to here. *chuckles*

My ranting about the reactions and false information is a natural reflex these days. I rather don't like having people think that being a pagan, a witch or shaman.. is evil and they can all summon demons. I've been a pagan (shaman/druidic type) for just about 20 years now.. and never once have I, or my friends summoned such.. or gathered to curse people. X)

Infact you'll find that all that demony summoning and curseing is something spurred by Hollywood and teenagers that think that what hollywood shows is real.

Just so you know, I live about 2 hours from Veracruz. And in the other direction from me is Cuernavac about 2 hours from Mexico City and also famous for Wicca conventions. I have been there.

I am not providing opinions, but rather facts of life down here which most of you are unaware. :hmm: Since i am Mexican and live here, I would appreciate if some of you would refrain from saying i know nothing about witches, etc. :tu:

Every year, witches convene for the annual Brujos Convention in Catemaco, an area many regard as the center of magic.

Mexicans believe there are three types of magic: black, white and red.

Curanderos practice white or red magic, using plants or the spiritual world to heal. Most feared are the brujos, or brujas if female, who practice black magic.

Curanderos, or shamans, are bound by the law of nature and karma to never do harm. But brujos, the powerful witches, answer to a darker creed.

Hate is a powerful thing. My native great-greatgranmother hated the whites so much that she turned incredibly evil. She was what you would call a black witch and was quite infamous in her day and blamed for wrecking ships.

The most chilling story to me though was when the family came back from a trip and found the house in darkness. They thought everyone had gone to bed, but when they lit the lamp in the parlor, they found her sitting there in a chair just staring across the room at something, which they found to be her son laying there dying. They took care of him as best they could, and he told them that he had begged her to give him some water, but all she had done was sit there and watch until the sun went down.

They were all afraid of her for generations. Her black travel trunk that was passed on to my great grandmother, also not a good person, and was left in my grandfather's attic at his home where she lived and died was not destroyed until the 1970s. I lived there when this was done. They told my uncle not to open it, but I saw him open it and take things out.

This uncle later publically moved a small boat across a lake in front of people, had a local church go after him, and he turned strange, but he was always good to me. I was always his favorite niece and he would gather wild strawberries just for me and bring them to me.

He was the one who told me that great grandmother was buried backwards in another cemetary at her request. He pointed to the top of a nearby mountain and told me she was there. I went there with my cousins and found it. It was backwards from all of the rest which were towards the sun. When we stood behind the headstone we could look across straight to the other mountain and see grandfather's house.

All cultures are not the same, anymore than all families are.

Wow!

I would have loved to know what was inside the trunk.

Tepoztlán is located in the same state as Cuernavaca, Morelos, about fifteen minutes to the Northeast, nestled in the mountains of Central Mexico. It is old Indian town with many pyramids, one at the top of a nearby mountain which is thought to have a great mystical power. For this reason it is a gathering place for proclaimed witches and magicians of the like. I have been there. There are many other sites of ancient ruins around Central Mexico. The largest pyramid in the world (mass) is in nearby Cholula.

Another more famous pyramid such site is Teotihuacán, which literally means: "Place where the men become gods." It was an ancient civilization with development thought to have been beginning around 100 BC, and the last pyramid, The Pyramid of the Sun, being finished in the year 300 AC. At it’s height it is believed to have had over 60,000 inhabitants, making it one of the largest in Mesoamerica. It is located about half an hour north from Mexico City.

It is old Indian town with many pyramids, one at the top of a nearby mountain which is thought to have a great mystical power.

Is this it? It is the only picture I found.

user posted image

Is this it? It is the only picture I found.

user posted image

That's it. And if you step off the side of the pyramid one could drop about 700 meters.

Also, this is very famous for UFO sightings, as much of Mexico is.

I wonder what it is about the tops of mountains where more things seem to happen than in other places? It does seem to be a common factor around the world.