Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lifting people with 2 fingers

Zom

Can you crush an apple with one hand?

Anyway 30kg is very attainable if you keep working on your strength. And a person would weigh alot more than 30kg. So to lift them with just your fingers is pretty amazing. You'd ahve to be very strong or pumped with lots of adrenaline. Some people beleve they can transfer all thier energy to one part of their body. If so then that another way they could have lifted it.

If someone balanced a 50kg object on your fingers whilst your they where straightout. You could probably balance it. Your fingers can take alot of pressure. But to lift that 50kg from the ground with just finger strength would be very difficult.

That is why i think if you lifted some one up you with 2 fingers you probably used your arm to help lift. Then kept the person on your fingers. But to lift them with just fingers alone would be extremely hard.

Edited by Haj01

I heard of something similar but never by that exact method. The method I used was creating a pyramid around the individual laying on the ground or table and then lifting them. No part of the procedure had anything to do with chanting or any such special spoken magick word or words.

But this doesn't work on dead objects. Only people. If it was adrenalin, it would work lifting anything. I know what it feels to be pumped with adrenalin, and I had none. In fact I didn't think it would work. We also didn't say anything like some do 'light as a feather etc'

Also, even when you are pumped with adrenalin, your muscles would feel it afterward. I felt nothing on my arms, as if I lifted a brick. We lifted 30kg's each with our fingers.

Actually it works on any object that is balanced correctly......

Another perfect example of an Urban Legend. This myth was popularized in the 1996 movie, "The Craft", & has become a cult favorite way of attempting magic. I will say, however, I enjoyed the movie. Fairuza Balk was pretty hot in there. She has a great pair of......eyes.

But I do have an open mind about the magic thing. Cameras are a dime a dozen nowadays. Someone please do this lifting thing & post a good clear video. I'll believe then. Until that happens, it's all hocus-pocus.

Another perfect example of an Urban Legend. This myth was popularized in the 1996 movie, "The Craft", & has become a cult favorite way of attempting magic. I will say, however, I enjoyed the movie. Fairuza Balk was pretty hot in there. She has a great pair of......eyes.

But I do have an open mind about the magic thing. Cameras are a dime a dozen nowadays. Someone please do this lifting thing & post a good clear video. I'll believe then. Until that happens, it's all hocus-pocus.

You better believe it :D I will make a recording when we do it again. We did it here in the office! But in the meantime you can find plenty of videos on youtube I believe. But to be honest, you have to do it yourself to actually appreciate it. You would be amazed at how light it feels. And the strange thing is, at first it feels a bit heavy when you first start lifting, but once the person is airborne, it just becomes lighter!

We once got 4 small ladies to lift a 130kg guy!

When I participated in this type of lifting ALL the participants believed something extraordinary occurred. Is this evidence of the power of rituals?

When I participated in this type of lifting ALL the participants believed something extraordinary occurred. Is this evidence of the power of rituals?

I personally think it's a collection of focused energy. So in a way yes, I think rituals work on the same principle. Doesn't matter how you do the 'ritual' but the fact that something is done prior to lifting the person seems to make it possible. Otherwise you will not lift the person, I have tried it, it was impossible.

having played this game, i just can't give credit to "even weight distribution". we all used our fingertips, and my fingertips were under her feet. it was literally like lifting air. her feet weighed nada

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

I just found this forum (and in particular this thread) and had to add my 2 cents.

I'd heard of this kind of thing, but never actually done it. 4 of us were able to lift a 200lb man sitting in a chair like it was nothing. Now, for me, this wasn't terribly huge, since I can easily lift 50lb, although I usually don't lift 50 pounds on my two index fingers. One of the 4 people doing the lifting was a small woman, who had literally no strength before we did the "overlapping hands" thing above the 200-lb guy's head. After the hand thing, she was like Hercules. So, that piqued my curiosity - and before I saw it, I didn't believe it would work.

At that point, I said, "Hey, let's see if this works on inanimate objects". Why not? So my 3 friends and I tried to lift a heavy piece of gym equipment. Well, it took 4 of us (all big guys) to move the thing into place WITHOUT the 250lb weight stack, and we were struggling. It wasn't just the weight that was a problem, but the odd shape of the equipment, the lack of a good grip, and being partially bent over while lifting. This time, the 250lb weight stack was on the machine, so it weighed even more - about 700 lbs. We did the same overlapping hands thing above the machine for about a minute, and then just grabbed it with our hands and lifted. We managed to effortlessly lift it 6 inches off the ground.

Now, I've heard the theory about blood flow, and frankly I don't buy it. I can't, because I've tried putting my arms above my head before lifting heavy objects, and it simply doesn't make any difference. I don't know how this works, but I do know that I can't normally lift 175lb (1/4 of 700) with almost zero effort. And I'm darn sure that my little female friend can't lift 50 pounds more than her body weight, and yet she was one of the 4 that lifted the 700lb piece of equipment with me.

I don't know how it works, but it does! :huh:

The principle of diamagnetism which underlies human-induced levitation and anti-gravity vortexes on the planet can be demonstrated simply in what I call the human gravity antenna. Diamagnetism (explained below) is essentially a magnetic-neutral zone existing between a north and south magnetic field, which can be exploited for purposes of levitation. As I will indicate below, there are many such ,"magnetic flow reversal points" on the Earth marked by Grid points.

An arrangement of five human beings can be used as a quadruple gravity antenna to perform levitation of the central person. The weight of the central. person, the levitatee, does-not matter nor is the lack of strength or size of the four levitators important. What is important is the form of the quadropolar positions around the central levitates.

See Diagram 1:

linked-image

Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:

First, the levitators should be positioned 45 degrees off the magnetic compass direction of north, south, east, and west for maximum effectiveness. Second, alternation of male and female sex of the levitators adds to the gravity antenna’s power. Third, the hand stack on the head of the central levitates by the levitators should not have like-gendered (male/male, female/female) hands touching. Fourth, there’s no need to think of anything — just hold the hands stacked on the levitatee’s head for a count of ten. On the tenth count remove the stacked hands quickly and place one finger each on the four corners of the chair. The person in charge of counting says "lift" and up goes the levitates. Now let’s examine this phenomenon I like to call "Party Levitation" in more specific and practical detail.

To do Party Levitation you will need five people, one to be levitated—henceforth to be called the levitatee— and four to do the levitating — henceforth to be called the levitators.

The levitates sits in a chair and the four levitators stand around him so that they form a square. One levitator should stand to the levitatee’s left, and just behind his shoulder. Another levitator should stand in front of him and to his left, close to his left-knee. The other two should stand on the right side of the levitatee’s body and in similar positions.

Now the object of Party Levitation is to make the levitatee’s body so light in weight that the four levitators can lift him several feet into the air using a single finger each. If the experiment is performed properly none of the levitators will feel the slightest resistance to their efforts. It will be as if the levitatee’s body has lost its weight entirely.

While the levitates is sitting, the four levitators surround him in the manner indicated and place their hands, one atop the other, on his head, as if they were healing him by the laying on of hands.

The person who is going to float must sit relaxed in a straightbacked chair with his legs together, his feet on the floor, and his hands in his lap. The other four participants now stand two on each side of the seated party, one at each shoulder and one at the knee. Instruct all four to extend their arms and place their closed fists together, closed except for the forefingers which should be extended and touching each other along their lengths as shown. The person nearest the seated man’s left shoulder is now asked to place his two extended fingers, palms downwards, beneath his left armpit. Likewise, his opposite number inserts his forefingers beneath the right armpit, and again the other two respectively beneath the seated man’s knees.

Now invite the four assistants to lift the man in this position, using only these extended fingers. However hard they try, it is impossible. As soon as you have registered their inability to do so, ask them to stack their hands alternately, one on top of the other on the man’s head, in such a way that no person has his own two hands together, and then to exert a steady pressure downwards. As they keep this up you count to ten. On the count "nine", they must withdraw their hands quickly from his head and resume their earlier positions with their extended forefingers. On the count of "ten" they must try again to lift the man with those fingers alone. This time he will go soaring into the air with no difficulty whatsoever.

Source: http://antigravitypower.tripod.com/BioGravity/clarklev.html

Some videos showing this:

Edited by darkbreed

iv never heard of this before today but iv thought about it before, eg like when im carrying the shopping using one hand, if i use two its a lot easier, but if i carry it at the bottom its easier again. i guess thats a very basic example.

• 3 weeks later...

hello, I did this as well when I was a teenager.. I do want to however debunk the statement that this phenomenon was due to the equal strength of 6 people all simultaneously lifting a person up with 2 fingers because my group of friends at the time would all do a before and after. And what I mean by a before and after is that inititally there was 1 person laying face up.. just like is mentioned here... but the 6 of us did not stand, we all knelt down 3 on each side of the guy/girl laying face up... We would right away do a before try by counting to 3 and all trying to lift the person.. It was impossible! If I were to walk away right there and then I would have outright bet my house that it's just something that can't be done, ever! However, I didn't walk away, thanfully, no I stayed around and then there was one friend who was familiar with this whole phenomenon and she would have all the lights put out, with the exception of a candle and then she said this prayer and while I can't remember it word for word, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with "if there are spirits in this room, please show your presense by helping up lift "jim" on the count of 3.... 1, 2, 3, and we all tried to lift "jim"... Wow!! It was like magic, I swear we all had lifted up this heavy dead weight as high as our shoulders with little to no effort.. Once we did it and lowered the person we all just got up and ran the heck of out of the room spooked beyond words..

It was very cool.

Its done by hypnosis right?

No.

The human skeleton has only a few "degrees of freedom" in its movement, but it can bend and flex in more places than another single human being, who has enough strength to lift the weight, can support (and so immobilize) simultaneously.

The "fire fighter" solution, then, is the way to go for one-on-one. Allow the lifted body to "fold" at the waist, and hoist that with the lifter's shoulder in contact with the body, leaving the lifter's legs to supply much of the lift.

Six people, in contrast, distributed around the liftee, can easily support all of the large degrees of freedom. The total load is divided by six, of course, and the human hand is designed so that the fingers and wrists provide stiff co-ordinated resistance to forces against the joints' natural range of motion.

The feat is actually the flashy flipside of an obvious truth. A one-on-one wrestling match is a contest. A six-on-one match is no contest at all, and the result will be that the one is literally unable to move on the floor, having no degrees of freedom for movement left uncovered. Now think lift instead of hold, and cooperation instead of competition.

Up we go.

• 2 weeks later...
My father-in-law taught us this trick, he says it was really popular in the 70's although i have never come across anyone else who has heard of it. Here is how he taught it to us:

five particpants

one sits in a chair (this is the subject)

four people who will perform the act stand in a circle

they place their hands on top of each other, in a circular fashion. (i.e. the first person places their right (or left) hand out, then the second person places their right hand on top if it, then the third persons right hand, then the fourth persons right hand, the the first person places their second hand on top- etc until all eight hand are on top of eachother.)

You hold your hands on top of eachother until they get warm (about 20 seconds) you can say "light as a feather, stiff as a board" for your own amusement if you wish.

The placing your hands together palm down, with your two pointer fingers extended, the four participants place their hands underneath the subjects stinky armpits and knee pits. you then proceed to effortlessly lift the person from the chair.

its fun.

and we also discussed the possible applications of such a (phenomena?) not really sure what to say about it. i would have thought it was a bunch of hooey, but it seems kinda real.

I did this trick numerous times when I was a kid exactly the way it was described, we manged to carry people about 10 feet before they got heavy or we lost our co-ordination. But it does work!

My father-in-law taught us this trick, he says it was really popular in the 70's although i have never come across anyone else who has heard of it. Here is how he taught it to us:

five particpants

one sits in a chair (this is the subject)

four people who will perform the act stand in a circle

they place their hands on top of each other, in a circular fashion. (i.e. the first person places their right (or left) hand out, then the second person places their right hand on top if it, then the third persons right hand, then the fourth persons right hand, the the first person places their second hand on top- etc until all eight hand are on top of eachother.)

You hold your hands on top of eachother until they get warm (about 20 seconds) you can say "light as a feather, stiff as a board" for your own amusement if you wish.

The placing your hands together palm down, with your two pointer fingers extended, the four participants place their hands underneath the subjects stinky armpits and knee pits. you then proceed to effortlessly lift the person from the chair.

its fun.

and we also discussed the possible applications of such a (phenomena?) not really sure what to say about it. i would have thought it was a bunch of hooey, but it seems kinda real.

i've tried that with some of my friends before we even picked up some really fat people like over 200 pounds lol , but we don't wait for 20 seconds when we pull our hands away from eachother, we make sure that our hands don't touch and if they don't touch it works , if they do touch it wont work :)

Ok, this was told to me by a friend who claims to have done it, never heard of it before so I thought I would toss this out there. She did this when she was a teenager and has since forgotten the exact procedure for pulling this off so, the basics of it are as follows...

1 person will lay on the floor face up.

6 other people will stand around this person

each standing person will turn around a number of time and chant a certain phrase

then each person will bend down, and using only the index/middle fingers from each hand,

will lift this person as though they were almost weightless.

has anyone heard of such a thing? :mellow:

done this back in school you get a person to sit on ground with there legs bent towards there body and there head bent down and you rub there head and back and then 2 people stand on each side and each person puts one finger under that pesons armpit and one under his leg under the knee and the other person dose the same then yous both lift that person up with 2 fingers each

• 3 years later...

I didn't read through all responses, but I read through a lot and haven't seen this thought yet. To me this seems to work on the same principle as the party trick where someone tries to lift their arms while another holds them down for 30 seconds. Then after the 30 seconds the subjects arms seem to float into the air effortlessly, just because their body got used to trying to push them up for 30 seconds.

So putting your hands over the subjects head for a period of time, or holding them over your head for a period of time would naturally make it feel like the person is lighter afterward than attempting to lift them without that, just because you're used to holding your arms up and that's where they want to go.

I heard the trick as follows:

1. Subject sits in chair

2. 4 people try to lift that person by placing 2 fingers in knee and arm pits.

3. The 4 people then put their hands face down alternating above the head of the subject one at a time, without touching their head or eachothers hands. (For the party trick it's suggested that this causes some kind of effect on Ions so that the subject is 'charging up' by releasing more ions, or less, or whatever makes more sense to you.)

4. The 4 people remove their hands in the same order they put them up and go to lift the person before the 'charge' wears off.

5. The subject appears to be much lighter than the first attempt

• 1 year later...

Well my friend has told me about this too and we did it and it worked. What we did is have four people stand around a person who is sitting down. Then we put our hands on there head from 1-4 person then you put your other hand on there head. Then you press down a little and you all lift your hands off the persons head. Then the 4 people using there index fingers from each had will put them under the armpits/ back of the knees. And you can lift them up I've done it with the biggest of people at my school and it works. Its actually pretty cool you should try it.

Edited by SublimeGirl14

Well my friend has told me about this too and we did it and it worked. What we did is have four people stand around a person who is sitting down. Then we put our hands on there head from 1-4 person then you put your other hand on there head. Then you press down a little and you all lift your hands off the persons head. Then the 4 people using there index fingers from each had will put them under the armpits/ back of the knees. And you can lift them up I've done it with the biggest of people at my school and it works. Its actually pretty cool you should try it.

That's how we did it in the way back machine. We all just thought it was cool & amazing, never tried to make it into hocus pocus. I guess we lacked imagination.

• 1 year later...

I did this in college awhile back with 4 people with a 200lb guy on a large wooden chair. If we didn't put our hands above each others' first, there was NO WAY we could lift him, because we tried it ourselves to see. We actually were all creeped out by that fact, because we attempted it several times, alternating placing our hands above his head and then not, and trying to lift him. We had no problem with the 4 of us lifting him up with one index finger EACH when we stacked our hands above his head,alternating them, and chanting, "light as a feather, stiff as a board". When we didn't, we couldn't get the chair to budge. Definitely something was going on, and we never could figure it out.

I recall doing it this way with friends back in the day. Can't remember the details, but it was like this in because the person lifted was sitting on a chair and lifted via under the armpits and knees, not lying doing like the OP.

It was during a session that also involved table turning. A friend had seen a TV show demonstrating these weird things and decided to have a paranormal night recreating all sorts of weird stuff.

Seemed weird and freaky at the time but my subsequent reading into table turning convinced me that was nothing paranormal and I'd like to recreate the person lifting thing to see what's really going on.

I recall it was quite impressive to us as a group at the time. I'd forgotten it until it popped back into my mind upon reading this thread.