Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Byuu94

I'm Anti-Daniken.

3 posts in this topic

I've recently re-read Chariots of the Gods, and I realize how stupid I once was to believe this book. If you accept that everything Daniken says is true, the book IS proof of aliens visiting earth in the past. However, if you carefully examine the evidence he gives you, it appears he has almost no evidence at all.

Piri Reis

This map Von Daniken said was a copy of an alien geological survey. The map was said to be "completely accurate". However, some maps at columbus's time were more accurate. The main point of interest is the depiction of an Antartica free of ice.

The problems are everywhere. Only a small portion of Antartica is even shown in the map. Even if sonar is used to look below the ice, an ice-free antartica would look different. If the ice were melted it would raise the sea level by about 260 ft. Also the last time antartica was free of ice was about 16 million years ago.

Spain and Africa are the only parts that are fairly accurate. South America is larger than it really is and seems to be missing a big hunk of land where Brazil should be. The Carribean bears no resemblence to real life.

To me this map seems about as reliable as a map of middle-earth. Tell me what you think.

Sorry, couldn't get the pic up.

I honestly don't know anything about this and have never read the book, but I took the liberty of searching for a picture of the map to post for you. I found some small ones that were to hard to even see what they were. Then I found this site: CLICK HERE

It has a large picture of the map. Hope this helps you out a little. original.gif

Thanks starlyte. You should read the book, just to see it's faults. I'm sure you could find it in a local library, it really started the idea of aliens helping humans in the past. What's really wierd is this guy, Daniken, is trying to make a theme park in Switzerland based on the ideas in this book. wacko.gif