Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Is The Christian View On The Dinosaur?

Cadetak

Here's a laid out view of Christians on the dinosaurs... Remember what you've learned in school when reading this... ;)Link

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/dinos.shtml

I agree with you, that link does have a lot of rubbish in it, which is probably why you chose to post it over alll others. Smart thinking. ;)

Edited by Santos

I'm sure we've all heard about the fossilized footprints of a modern day human that were found in the same rock strata with those of a Tyranasauris Rex. This was proven to be factual and not a hoax by geologists that analysed the footprint microscopically for indications of a hoax. There have been 3 sites around the world that I know of that show the same thing. Even the palaeontologists can't explain it, so they ignore it.

I have actually seen the famous footprints in Texas and remain unimpressed. Paleontologists are not afraid to explain them either. They are partial dino footprints that occasionally resemble a vague human footprint.

It is truly embarassing to Christians who see a compatibility with science, evolution and the Bible to have nonsense spouting, "young earth creationists" seemingly recognized as the "spokesmen" for all Christians.

The fossil record is irrefutable. Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, and no evidence of human activity has been found in these stratas, nor have ANY dino remains been found in later stratas. Never are more modern animals found in these stratas either. Evolution is real but compatible with the Bible. It is incredible that these supposed Christians are so ignorant of their own Bible that they do not realize that the "dragons" ridden by God, mentioned throughout the Bible, and reportedly seen by people all over the world are NOT dinosaurs. The Bible clearly states they are heavenly servant creatures, and human legends from around the world tend to also support this view as well. And presumeably, being heavenly creatures, like angels, this tends to explain why no "dragon" bones have ever been found in post-65 million year old geological stratas.

Edited by draconic chronicler

I have actually seen the famous footprints in Texas and remain unimpressed. Paleontologists are not afraid to explain them either. They are partial dino footprints that occasionally resemble a vague human footprint.

It is truly embarassing to Christians who see a compatibility with science, evolution and the Bible to have nonsense spouting, "young earth creationists" seemingly recognized as the "spokesmen" for all Christians.

The fossil record is irrefutable. Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, and no evidence of human activity has been found in these stratas, nor have ANY dino remains been found in later stratas. Never are more modern animals found in these stratas either. Evolution is real but compatible with the Bible. It is incredible that these supposed Christians are so ignorant of their own Bible that they do not realize that the "dragons" ridden by God, mentioned throughout the Bible, and reportedly seen by people all over the world are NOT dinosaurs. The Bible clearly states they are heavenly servant creatures, and human legends from around the world tend to also support this view as well. And presumeably, being heavenly creatures, like angels, this tends to explain why no "dragon" bones have ever been found in post-65 million year old geological stratas.

I assume that this post is meant for me since you quoted my name.

I would like to state for the record that I'm not a YEC nor are any of my posts in defense of the YEC viewpoint. This means that you either misunderstood what I wrote or you are taking things out of context.

What I proposed in post #90 onward was that there was a simpler way to understand the events in Genesis 1.

Post 90

Nowhere did I say that the earth was only a few thousand years old. What I proposed is what is commonly called the "Gap Theory".

Geological strata do show that the earth was created or came into being around 4 billion years ago and that life started on this planet around 3 billion years ago.

I don't dispute these facts. What I dispute is that the genesis / "creation" account was not the original moment when the univers was created but rather the restructuring or reconstruction after a cataclysmic event that wiped out most of the life on this planet.

I then explain in detail how each verse can be applied to this idea seamlessly so that we can see the unfolding of this reconstruction.

As for human activity in the fossil record from as far back as 55 million years you can read Michael Cremos' "Forbidden Archeology - Hidden History of the Human Race"

http://www.mcremo.com/

Very interesting that some say one thing about the footprint and others say another but they're all scientists and Paleontologists. Who can we believe? Science it seems needs to be taken on faith as well. Read the book and then we can talk. As for the actual footprint:

One of these prints was actually removed in its entirety and a cross section of the print was analysed by experts that confirmed that the only animal that could have made that print was Homo Sapiens Sapiens. You can see all five toes in detail and the pressure in the sediment is consistent with a real footprint. Now I'm talking about one footprint taken from a site where these prints extend for meters and actually go under and continue into a substrata of rock that overlays the actual prints. No hoax there!

As for them being partial dino prints, I'd like to see the the dino that had human feet and approximate human height and weight as well!! With five toes no-less!!!

There are at least 2 other sites in the world with similar evidence:

1st one is in Africa the 2nd is in eastern Europe. :yes:

The funny thing is all you non-christians keep asking Christians what happened like we were there or we actually co-authored the bible. Well, let me break itt down for you, we WEREN'T THERE, nor did any one of us on this board contribute to the written word of the bible (that I know of :D )!!!!!!! The exact same way you dont know what the hell happened, is the same way we dont know for sure!!! Ok so everything in the bible is wrong, cool!

Yeah, but don't you think your god should have left proof for you to use against us pesky non-Christians? Science has proven way more than the bible ever has.

So how did the world come ? Big bang ? Hmmmm... interesting. I'll ask this question for the one millionth time...

HOW DID THE MATERIALS OF THE WORLD COME ABOUT TO CAUSE THE BING BANG ???????

Because after all, if there was nothing at all in this realm, universe, dimension, whatever... how did anything come about with nothing there ? We all know this "theory" that bacteria and micro organisms formed blah blah blah... but how did this come about ? An explosion ? Please...

You can discredit the bibles words all you want, but believe me when I tell you that you're not getting anywhere fast.

Why exactly did you place the word theory in quotation marks? Could it be that you don't understand what a scientific theory is?

So, because scientists can't prove what happened before our universe came into being (if there was a before), then you'll automatically jump to the conclusion that some entity must have made everything? If you believe that your god created everything, what was he doing before he created our universe? Who created your god? I would suggest that you study about the big bang, and about the research that is being conducted concerning the beginning of our universe. You might be surprised. I can turn your final statement around and say that you can discredit science all you want, but you're getting nowhere fast. Of course, the only difference is, science can be proven.

Consider yourself ignored no more. And, I even refrained from making any smart remarks about the "Bing Bang" starting with Bing Crosby, who, in the context of this thread, would be a croonasaurus. :D

Hopefully this can help...

GENESIS 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

GENESIS 6:7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth Me that I have made them.

Strong's Concordance & Gesenius' Hebrew/Chaldee Lexicon denote the word giants: (5303/5307) as [Nephiyl or Nephil] Nephilim: as meaning - the Fallen ones.

JUDE 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, He hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

God's genetic law as seen in Genesis 1 was that everything would give forth or multiply after it's own kind as God had originally fixed its genetic makeup.

This included everything on the earth and also mankind!

I ask you to believe on and be convinced only by God's True word: The Holy Bible (KJV),

however; using other writings of history you can easily conclude that

God's angels came to earth and took themselves wives from the daughters of men (mankind).

The offspring of the fallen Angels and the daughters of men, The Anakim Giants, "created" in the same manner all kinds of "Strange Creatures",

They had the knowledge from their "Fathers" the Fallen Angels to create what ever they liked and so were born the most "Strangest & Most Corrupted Creatures" that ever existed on Earth.

Note: These Fallen Angels afterwards was thus thrown into the Bottomless Pit for their deeds and the flood came!

Revelation Chapter 9, describes strange beings coming from the smoke that was released from the bottomless pit (abyss under the earth) which is where the fallen angels are now at!.

Josephus, the Jewish historian, wrote in Book 1 chapter 3 line 73:

"for many angels of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust and despisers of all that was good."

The Book of Enoch [manuscript found in Ethiopia in 1768 by James Bruce]

(not to be confused with recent books such as Enoch from

The Lost Books of the Bible;

Keys of Enoch; or

The Secrets of Enoch)

gives an account of God sending a message to the Fallen Ones saying:

"Wherefore have you forsaken the lofty and holy heaven, which endures forever, and have lain with women; have defiled yourselves with the daughters of men; have taken to yourselves wives; have acted like the sons of the earth, and have begotten giants? You being spiritual, holy, and living a life which is eternal, have polluted yourselves with women; have begotten in carnal blood; have lusted in the blood of men; and have done as those who are flesh and blood do. These however die and perish. Therefore have I given to them wives, that they might cohabit with them; that sons might be born of them, and that this might be transacted upon the earth. But you from the beginning were made spiritual, living a life which is eternal, and not subject to death in all the generations of the world. Therefore I made not wives for you, because being spiritual, your dwelling is in heaven."

Enoch Book 2

[Chapter 1]

1_1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.

1_2 And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another:

1_3 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.'

1_4 And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.'

1_5 And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.'

1_6 Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

1_7 And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.

1_8 And these are the names of their leaders:

1_9 Samlazaz, their leader,Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaq1el, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

[Chapter 2]

2_1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one,

2_2 And they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them,

2_3 And they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.

2_4 And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells:

2_5 Who consumed all the acquisitions of men.

2_6 And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against them and devoured mankind.

2_7 And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish,

2_8 And to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood.

2_9 Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

{Notes here: Where Dinosaurs came from?} See also Number 13:32, Genesis 6:4, Job 4:18,Peter 2:4

B : THE GIANTS from the book of Jubilees

Book of Jubilees [manuscript found in Ethiopia]

[Chapter 5]

1 and they bare unto them sons and they were Giants.

2 And lawlessness increased on the earth and all flesh corrupted its way, alike men and cattle and beasts and birds and everything that walks on the earth -all of them corrupted their ways and their orders, and they began to devour each other, and lawlessness increased on the earth and every imagination of the thoughts of all men (was) thus evil continually.

3 And God looked upon the earth, and behold it was corrupt, and all flesh had corrupted its orders, and all that were upon the earth had wrought all manner of evil before His eyes.

The Book of Jasher (mentioned in Joshua 10:13 and II Samuel 1:18) translated from Hebrew to English in 1840

[Chapter 4:18] says," And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

God's angels came to earth and took themselves wives from the daughters of men (mankind).

The offspring of the fallen Angels and the daughters of men, The Anakim Giants, "created" in the same manner all kinds of "Strange Creatures",

They had the knowledge from their "Fathers" the Fallen Angels to create what ever they liked and so were born the most "Strangest & Most Corrupted Creatures" that ever existed on Earth.

Note: These Fallen Angels afterwards was thus thrown into the Bottomless Pit for their deeds and the flood came!

Revelation Chapter 9, describes strange beings coming from the smoke that was released from the bottomless pit (abyss under the earth) which is where the fallen angels are now at!.

Josephus, the Jewish historian, wrote in Book 1 chapter 3 line 73:

"for many angels of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust and despisers of all that was good."

I always figured that angels do not have sex due to the fact that they are neither female or male. As spiritual beings they may take the form of male or female so that they may not be recognized for what they truly are. The appearance is an illusion not physical.

As such I don't and can't interpret the Nephilim as angels of any kind fallen or otherwise.

The fallen angels are what we call demons nowadays. Lucifer in his rebellion took with him 1/3 of the angels when he (they) were cast out of heaven before the events of genesis 1 happened. Demons possess in spiritual form, physical people and we have an example of Jesus exorcizing a man who was possessed by demons (and thy name is legion).

So if they are spirit why do they need to possess a physical person if they can easily become corporeal and have children as you say?

I know that many writers and theologians interpret things the way you say but they leave themselves open to alot more questions than they are able to resolve with this interpretation.

I always figured that angels do not have sex due to the fact that they are neither female or male. As spiritual beings they may take the form of male or female so that they may not be recognized for what they truly are. The appearance is an illusion not physical.

As such I don't and can't interpret the Nephilim as angels of any kind fallen or otherwise.

The fallen angels are what we call demons nowadays. Lucifer in his rebellion took with him 1/3 of the angels when he (they) were cast out of heaven before the events of genesis 1 happened. Demons possess in spiritual form, physical people and we have an example of Jesus exorcizing a man who was possessed by demons (and thy name is legion).

So if they are spirit why do they need to possess a physical person if they can easily become corporeal and have children as you say?

I know that many writers and theologians interpret things the way you say but they leave themselves open to alot more questions than they are able to resolve with this interpretation.

The "Spirit Angels" you describe are the Greek pagan "daemons" that were virtually unknown Bto the Jews before Alexander the Great conquered the region and brought hellenic culture and religion there.

In the only bible which Jesus actually knew and endorsed as the authentic word of God, (we now call these scriptures the Old Testament), the real angels are most definately flesh and blood young male humans. They have no wings, and they must eat food, both in heaven and while on earth to surrvive. This is what the manna which the Israelites ate, the food of angels while they are in heaven.

The Nephillim that were in the memories of the ancient Hebrews were probaby the Neanderthals, which we now know interbred with modern man. As for the enormous man eating beasts, over centuries of retelling this as an oral tradition, this story may have been merged with observations of heavenly Seraphim dragons devouring gentiles and cattle. These are the actual winged heavenly creatures described in the Bible, not angles, and their name means fiery flying serpents in Hebrew. They are also called "dragons" throught the Old Testament, which leads some Christians relatively ignorant of the scriptures, that these heavenly servant creatures are the same thing as the dinosaurs that went extinct 65 million years earlier.

This is not to say the Seraphim may not have an ancestry connected with an extinct pterosaur, only improved with greater intelligence, and apparent immortality, just as the real biblical angels appear to be "improved" humans, but flesh and blood creatures, nonetheless.

The new testament demons are nothing more than the "ghosts/spirits of deceased humans, that some reports suggest can take over the bodies of living humans on rare occasion.

There are not "fallen angels" in the real Bible either. This is a Christian invention taken from the book of Enoch which had a great deal of influence on the early Christian writers, some verses taken almost verbatim into the New Testament. This is why the Christians of the 5th century AD "invented" a fallen angel named Lucifer, that inexplicably later is transformed into the Seraph-dragon Satan. Modern Scholars today understand "Lucifer" is nothing more than a mistranslation of two old Testament scriptures referring to two very human enemies of the ancient state of Israel, the prince of Tyre, and King of Babylon. In the real Bible, even Satan is actually an obedient Servant of God, and called one of the Sons of God. The "evil" New Testament Satan, was stolen from Perisan Zorosatrian mythloogy, and was formally known as Ahriman, which in the Persian Apocolypse, is bound up, cast into an abyss, and later cast into the lake of fire. If that sound familiar, it is becasue John of Patmos stole copied this mythology almost verbatim for Revelation, changing only the name of the angel and dragon.

Edited by draconic chronicler

Yeah, they only missed that whole evolving into birds part. :lol:

Where was I.... oh yeah! what Essan said:

Just shows the value of a decent education. If only them Canaanite shepherds has bothered to study geophysics at university, instead of missing school altogether, they'd have come up with a much more credible creation story :P

Edited by stardrive

im not going to read through this entire thread , but my VERY religious cousins beleive that satan planted fossils inthe ground to trick humanity into believing god is not real

...right....

im not going to read through this entire thread , but my VERY religious cousins beleive that satan planted fossils inthe ground to trick humanity into believing god is not real

...right....

I can see satan now, shovel in hand, devious mind working overtime, his minions plowing up the earth to plant false evidence to confuse us poor dumb humans. Tell your cousins speghetti noodles are grown on trees. They'll surely fall for that one as well.

I can see satan now, shovel in hand, devious mind working overtime, his minions plowing up the earth to plant false evidence to confuse us poor dumb humans. Tell your cousins speghetti noodles are grown on trees. They'll surely fall for that one as well.

It is very odd that some Christians dismiss dinosaur fossils as the "work of the devil", becasue most Christians who actually read the Bible accept them as "proof" of the many dragons, Behemoth and Leviathan described in that book, not to mention that the "Fiery Flying Serpents" that God sends to punish the Israelites may be a kind of Pterodactly.

But what they don't understand is these creatures are not dinosaurs at all, but usually winged, mythic dragon-servants of the Hebrew God, a belief that goes all the way back to the religion's roots in Sumeria where feasome supernatural reptilian creatures attended the high god, and guarded sacred groves, heaven and the underworld.

Well, THIS Christian believes that dinosaures exsisted. And the only reason I believe that now (because I too was taught in church that dinos didnt exsist and that the earth is not as old as scientist say it is) is because my son is addicted to dinosaures and has seen every movie, book, and has every type of dino you can imagine. I have learned a lot because I have not restricted what he could read or watch.

I completely believe that dinos exsisted. I believe the earth is probably as old as they say it is. I believe that they exsisted before man did. There is just too much proof.

Oh, by the way, not ALL Christians have the same beliefs. There was even a show on a very popular christian tv station that was all about dinos and how they DID exsist and when and so on.

As for the bible, there are COUNTLESS animals that were not mentioned in the bible but that doesnt mean they didnt exsist. MOST animals that have exsisted at some time or another were never mentioned in the bible. And as for Noah, I think the best explaination for that story is that he took 2 of each animal from that REGION. Not from all over the world.

The "Spirit Angels" you describe are the Greek pagan "daemons" that were virtually unknown Bto the Jews before Alexander the Great conquered the region and brought hellenic culture and religion there.

In the only bible which Jesus actually knew and endorsed as the authentic word of God, (we now call these scriptures the Old Testament), the real angels are most definately flesh and blood young male humans. They have no wings, and they must eat food, both in heaven and while on earth to surrvive. This is what the manna which the Israelites ate, the food of angels while they are in heaven.

The Nephillim that were in the memories of the ancient Hebrews were probaby the Neanderthals, which we now know interbred with modern man. As for the enormous man eating beasts, over centuries of retelling this as an oral tradition, this story may have been merged with observations of heavenly Seraphim dragons devouring gentiles and cattle. These are the actual winged heavenly creatures described in the Bible, not angles, and their name means fiery flying serpents in Hebrew. They are also called "dragons" throught the Old Testament, which leads some Christians relatively ignorant of the scriptures, that these heavenly servant creatures are the same thing as the dinosaurs that went extinct 65 million years earlier.

This is not to say the Seraphim may not have an ancestry connected with an extinct pterosaur, only improved with greater intelligence, and apparent immortality, just as the real biblical angels appear to be "improved" humans, but flesh and blood creatures, nonetheless.

The new testament demons are nothing more than the "ghosts/spirits of deceased humans, that some reports suggest can take over the bodies of living humans on rare occasion.

There are not "fallen angels" in the real Bible either. This is a Christian invention taken from the book of Enoch which had a great deal of influence on the early Christian writers, some verses taken almost verbatim into the New Testament. This is why the Christians of the 5th century AD "invented" a fallen angel named Lucifer, that inexplicably later is transformed into the Seraph-dragon Satan. Modern Scholars today understand "Lucifer" is nothing more than a mistranslation of two old Testament scriptures referring to two very human enemies of the ancient state of Israel, the prince of Tyre, and King of Babylon. In the real Bible, even Satan is actually an obedient Servant of God, and called one of the Sons of God. The "evil" New Testament Satan, was stolen from Perisan Zorosatrian mythloogy, and was formally known as Ahriman, which in the Persian Apocolypse, is bound up, cast into an abyss, and later cast into the lake of fire. If that sound familiar, it is becasue John of Patmos stole copied this mythology almost verbatim for Revelation, changing only the name of the angel and dragon.

Ok, I'll take your word for it and do some studying on the subject, my seminary education left this out of its curriculum. ;)

As for the Neandertal part I'm afraid you are mistaken. It has been proven through DNA evidence that not only are we not descended from Neandertals but we share no common genetic heritage with them. I don't feel like going to look for the link to prove it but you can always visit the following thread: Neandertal man, what happened to him?

It is only 2 pages long but an interesting read!

It is very odd that some Christians dismiss dinosaur fossils as the "work of the devil", becasue most Christians who actually read the Bible accept them as "proof" of the many dragons, Behemoth and Leviathan described in that book, not to mention that the "Fiery Flying Serpents" that God sends to punish the Israelites may be a kind of Pterodactly.

It appears odd to those who don't understand only God has full knowledge of the earth and the universe. Some xians believe the Bible has an explanation for everything even though it clearly states this.

But what they don't understand is these creatures are not dinosaurs at all, but usually winged, mythic dragon-servants of the Hebrew God, a belief that goes all the way back to the religion's roots in Sumeria where feasome supernatural reptilian creatures attended the high god, and guarded sacred groves, heaven and the underworld.

Thats what I say.

Edited by stardrive

By the way could you give me a few titles I could use to start off my studies on this subject?

:rofl:

lol, i would tell um, but we're italian so we know all about were speghetti comes from :rofl:

Have to remember that alot of things in the Bible are symbolic, if it hasn't been mentioned before.

Edited by Blacksabbath

By the way could you give me a few titles I could use to start off my studies on this subject?

You won't find a lot about it becasuse Christians tend to cover up the facts since in their contrived, quasi-pagan mythology, dragons are supposed to be connected with the Devil and are not the highest heavenly servants. But if you go to the Jewish Encyclopedia and look of every cited reference on serpents and dragons, you will begin to see the truth. Or..... wait for my upcoming book on the subject, which will include rare representations of ancient Christian dragon art, dragons forming the throne of God and swallowing sinners in heavenly judgement scenes, and stuff like that they never told you in Sunday School. Hope it will be out by Christmas and in Christian bookstores everywhere. :D

You won't find a lot about it becasuse Christians tend to cover up the facts since in their contrived, quasi-pagan mythology, dragons are supposed to be connected with the Devil and are not the highest heavenly servants. But if you go to the Jewish Encyclopedia and look of every cited reference on serpents and dragons, you will begin to see the truth. Or..... wait for my upcoming book on the subject, which will include rare representations of ancient Christian dragon art, dragons forming the throne of God and swallowing sinners in heavenly judgement scenes, and stuff like that they never told you in Sunday School. Hope it will be out by Christmas and in Christian bookstores everywhere. :D

Whatever Christian said that must not have read his Bible.

I was talking along the lines of religous sources like the books used by Jewish scholars. For example which books did you use to reach your present opinion on the subject.

Commentaries would also be helpful... :)

I once talked to someone on a forum who mentioned a book of Jewish legends, can't recall the name though. Mithrash or something like that.

I doubt your book will be out in Portugal but I might find it one day, what is the title?

Ok, I'll take your word for it and do some studying on the subject, my seminary education left this out of its curriculum. ;)

As for the Neandertal part I'm afraid you are mistaken. It has been proven through DNA evidence that not only are we not descended from Neandertals but we share no common genetic heritage with them. I don't feel like going to look for the link to prove it but you can always visit the following thread: Neandertal man, what happened to him?

It is only 2 pages long but an interesting read!

That's not what I said at all, and those findings support what I said.The Neanderthals are a seperate species, but scientists have reported rare cases of interbreeding with modern/Cro-magnon man. Neanderthal man could very easly given rise to Nephilim legends.

That's not what I said at all, and those findings support what I said.The Neanderthals are a seperate species, but scientists have reported rare cases of interbreeding with modern/Cro-magnon man. Neanderthal man could very easly given rise to Nephilim legends.

Interbreeding with a seperate species? 1st I 've heard of it!

Yes, it was postulated that Neandertal man could have interbred with Cro-magnon man and thus led to the eventual disappearance of the Neandertal species, due to the supposedly more common species (cro-magnon) overwhelming the second to the point of extinction.

A stand that has been mainly rethought due to the DNA evidence proving the opposite. Although there are still some die hards trying to salvage their magical lineage of evolution from crumbling to pieces.

Although it is theoretically possible to interbreed 2 similar species of the same genus, it will be highly unlikely to sustain such offspring, which would have been looked on with fear and disgust, by Cro-magnon man. It would probably have been killed at birth.

Or its possible that any offspring of such a mating were sterile and therefore unable to reproduce, like Mules and Hinnies

Edited by Avinash_Tyagi

Or its possible that any offspring of such a mating were sterile and therefore unable to reproduce, like Mules and Hinnies

I would go for the version of infanticide. Due mainly to the great proponderence of this activity in many ancient cultures that viewed such "defective" children as a bad omen.

That is if there was any succesful interbreeding at all.

It was better to let such a child die than to allow it to weaken the tribe by bringing its curse on them.

Infanticide was known to be practiced in most ancient cultures but is best known by the Greeks and Romans, since they are closer to us culturally than say the Babylonians and Egyptians among many others.

It is not such a big step to suppose that this attitude came from their ancestors for thousands of years, thus coming from cro-magnon man, who was not at all as different from modern as we might think. Physically the same in all respects.

The existence of dinosaurs in the earths history contradicts the events in the bible. In the Genisis stories God created earth with modern day animals.

I'm looking for the "oficial" christian explanation on this. I didn't post this in the Skeptic forum because I'm trying to start that debate...just an answer if there is one and if there is not maybe a debate between christians(or bible historians).

Hi, I myself am a born again christian and I find this a very interesting and unexplained subject( which is why I joined this website, because of my interest in the unexplained and mysterious).I have my own views on this subject through reading the bible, but thought you might like to check out this website for a bit of food for thought. :tu:

http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosaurs/video.html