Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

I've got an opening for a game, who anyone like a match? my user name is ciraxis

I've been trying to play more chess and i would rather play against my fellow UM members than random people.

Just looking for a friendly, rated game. :)

Let me know

• 2 weeks later...

I saw both your games Saru (edit: against Talon), you played well, but what's with accepting the draw? In your game as black you had an extra passed pawn and accepted the draw?!?! You gotta be more aggressive!

Edited by ConservativePessimist

I think it was a reasonable draw, I doubt i'd have been able to get the extra pawn to the top.

Sometimes it's better to accept a draw than to keep the game going for another 20+ moves with little chance of succeeding, I think it would have ended in a draw even if we'd played it out all the way.

One thing I hate is being offered a draw, declining it and then loosing afterwards due to a silly mistake.

I saw both your games Saru (edit: against Talon), you played well, but what's with accepting the draw? In your game as black you had an extra passed pawn and accepted the draw?!?! You gotta be more aggressive!

If you look really closely, you'd see the pawn couldn't be protected without sacrificing the pawn in A6 - which would have given me a pass pawn that could queen in three moves. The game was obliviously going to devolve into jumping around after these pawns with our rooks and kings. Saru might well have won had it gone on, or maybe I would have, we don't know and at least through a draw we both win and show our mutal respect for one another.

Either way you should know that a single pawn does not win a game.... now if he had been an officer up, then yeah he would have won the game if it had continued… In fact if he had been an officer up I would have resigned due to it being so obvious who would win.

Sometimes it's better to accept a draw than to keep the game going for another 20+ moves with little chance of succeeding, I think it would have ended in a draw even if we'd played it out all the way.

I agree

Thanks guys for not timing me out, and thanks to Paranoid Android for letting everyone know. I'm back now, and after years of promising to sort it out I now have the internet at home as well as work! Woo hoo! :tu:

I now have the internet at home as well as work! Woo hoo!

Now prepare to watch it consume your life :D

• 3 months later...
Now prepare to watch it consume your life :D

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and would like to enter the chess tournament if there's still time, please let me know how to go about doing that. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, and would like to enter the chess tournament if there's still time, please let me know how to go about doing that. Thanks!

Unfortunately it ended a while ago, but there will probably will be another somewhere down the line.

Never noticed this forum before.. Well anyway, I played chess yesterday. For real though, not online. And it was the first time in around 10 years. Needless to say, I lost =)

But it's a pretty fun game, I'd like to get more into it again

• 2 weeks later...

Played the COOLEST game of chess ever yesterday.

4-Way chess! There's four players on a bigger chessboard, and it becomes a sort of battle royale when you really get into it.

Wonder if there's anything like that on the net.?

• 2 weeks later...

chess? What type of chess? By the way, will we ever have a monopoly conpetition?

Edited by Sporkling

• 2 months later...

Played the COOLEST game of chess ever yesterday.

4-Way chess! There's four players on a bigger chessboard, and it becomes a sort of battle royale when you really get into it.

Wonder if there's anything like that on the net.?

hasnt hardcore pawn got sumin like that

• 1 month later...

^.^ hardcore pawn l0l

im o.k but i dont really like it much