Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

I wish i had kept up with practice i have been whooped again this time by talon but i still have to play her again and this time i will have revenge. I think.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

Terrifying opponents.

Edit: Of note, with the exception of my driving lession between 7.30-8.30 UK time,

^^^^ I think that is more terrifying! :w00t:

Edited by Lottie

I wish i had kept up with practice i have been whooped again this time by talon but i still have to play her again and this time i will have revenge. I think.

Uh oh, you called Tal "her" .......... NOW you gonna be in trouble :P

Uh oh, you called Tal "her" .......... NOW you gonna be in trouble

I can understand why he said it when we consider I have two little animated Japanese girls as my avatar :innocent:

Edit: Of note, with the exception of my driving lession between 7.30-8.30 UK time,

^^^^ I think that is more terrifying!

I assure you I won't crash.... again...

Edited by Talon

can i be on the list for the next chess tournament SaRuMaN ?

PLEASE PLEASE thank you

or if someone fails to keep up in this one

however it works i want in so put me in line

thank you

Abecrombie

I can understand why he said it when we consider I have two little animated Japanese girls as my avatar :innocent:

^^^^ I think that is more terrifying!

I assure you I won't crash.... again...

Whoops sorry Tal and yes i noticed your avatar and assumed you were a girl i apologize.

Whoops sorry Tal and yes i noticed your avatar and assumed you were a girl i apologize.

I wouldn't worry about it. :P

This is annoying. Time zone differences mean i am not on when my opponents are. So my games are going to be LONG

Time zone differences mean i am not on when my opponents are. So my games are going to be LONG

Don't worry too much about that, as long as you don't go for several days without moving the games won't time out.

can i be on the list for the next chess tournament SaRuMaN ?

PLEASE PLEASE thank you

or if someone fails to keep up in this one

however it works i want in so put me in line

Your in luck, we have an opening. You are now in Group C as "Zombiedog" in place of T-Nemesis who bowed out earlier on. :tu:

I think the groups are unfair, i get paired up with all the good people :(

I must ask...______

SaRuMaN , I do have a question, since im not a subscriber at the RHP , I'm only allowed to play six games at a time . So here are a couple of raising questions I will need answered so I can start asap. ;

Q: 1} On the RHP site, is this tournament under a clan or a tournament category ?

Q: 2} I have currently five public games going on with others not of the "UM" , Does that mean I have one pending slot for the person in whom I challenge in group "C" ?

And then after the games end with the players from that web , this "UM" tournament 3 i would keep vacant to start adding the others I want to challenge in my group?

ok thats 3 questions .lol :innocent:

Abecrombie ......or...........I will refer to my chess name zombiedog :nw:[/size][/font]

Edited by SaRuMaN

Question 1: Answer is no. Each match is just set up as an individual match with one of your opponents.

Question 2: That is correct. Most members here only have the non subscriber access, and can only have 6 games going at one time. So most of us are in the same boat, or at least have been lol.

Your right, its best when you finish one of your games to leave the slot open for a tourny game. :)

Not looking forward to playing anyone I haven't played before, it means you can't predict anything about their game, in particular if they'll fall for certain traps or take advantage of slip ups. Terrifying opponents.

Then fear me, Talon - fear me :ph34r:

For we will most certainly meet somewhere along the lines if you're as good as they say :devil:

~ PA

P.S - I should note that this is mere boasting on my behalf. I am in fact a very average player, though I do hope to make it beyond the group stages at least

Then fear me, Talon - fear me :ph34r:

Ah it's good to see someone else acting like me lol. You too will suffer a horrible defeat i had to send gambit a PM cursing him for deafeating me..i mean for letting him win :unsure2::P

" Im Burnin up ,..."

Burnside light my fire and lets play , I challenge you in my group{C} here in round 1

I chose black and your the only one I can play in group "c"

{until the RHP remaining 5 games continuing there are finished.

I chose you , to challenge me ,.........are you ready to play?

lets just see what we can both bring to table?

Are you gonna set me on fire Burnside ?

Or will I eat you alive ?

Lets Find out

sounds exciting to me , nervous but exciting ,....first time for everything .

Will you win or me?

I ready .....

Zombiedog

I think the groups are unfair, i get paired up with all the good people

Thats not really true, all the groups have 'strong people' from previous tournments. If you want to feel bad for someone, think of the people in Group A, it contains both the No1 of both previous tours & No2 of the Autumn 2005 set :lol: (The 'Group of Death' as someone already said). Group F also contains a previous No2 in the Summer 2005 who was also the No 3 in the Autumn 2005 tournments. Group C's Thistle was also No3 in the Summer 2005 tournment.

Of your own group E's the only one who's been in the top five in a previous tournment was Subby (not that I'm saying Ashley and Lottie should be underestimated... I've never played Mikewood so he's a wild card much like 50% of the other players), so in actually fact your group is pretty even with the others. :tu:

if you're as good as they say

I'm not really

Edited by Talon

Don't worry too much about that, as long as you don't go for several days without moving the games won't time out.

Thats ok. Its just annoying for everyone else

if you're as good as they say

I'm not really

...Talon has been beaten only once in two tourny's ... You tell me whether that makes him good or not lol

And, I am currently twiddling my thumbs a bit... So if anyone wants to start a game with me for practise, or such, please do so.. (I am at work for a couple of hours, but will be back soon enough)

...Talon has been beaten only once in two tourny's ... You tell me whether that makes him good or not lol

Technically it could be argued twice. Elfstone once came two moves away from Checkmate and there was nothing I could do to stop it... just she didn't see it and agreed to a draw.. which I've always felt guilty about. On top of that I've drawn at least 6 times so I am beatable, I've just lucked out at the end.

lmao Geez Tal, quit being so modest (now THERE'S a phrase I never thought I'd hear myself say :P) you kick ass at this game so just admit it.

:lol:

Actually at work the other day I played a game with one of my friends, and he beat me pretty quickly, he just let me hammer him so easily for the few moves I got over confident and didn't even see what that his queen and knight were in threatening checkmate. :lol:

Question 1: Answer is no. Each match is just set up as an individual match with one of your opponents.

Question 2: That is correct. Most members here only have the non subscriber access, and can only have 6 games going at one time. So most of us are in the same boat, or at least have been lol.

Your right, its best when you finish one of your games to leave the slot open for a tourny game. :)

Thanks Subby

So if anyone wants to start a game with me for practise, or such, please do so..

I'll take you up on that. Your move, peep. Edited by Paranoid Android

Reincarnated, kyoquadon - where are you guys? Need to start playing some chess with you two.

Sorry for the delay to those who've challenged me in my group, as some may remember from the last tournement my job sometimes requires me to be sent away for a week or so where I have no internet connection. I am however back now and look forward to my first match with.....oh....what!.....seriously, my first game is with Talon!?

Pfft :hmm: