Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament discussion

Saru

do we get penalized for getting a late start waiting to play someone in our group ?

example : in RHP , i already had 5 pending games, so I added someone in my group to challenge,.. havent heard from them at all its been three days now,..

does this effect my points ?

Burnside where are ya man? :unsure2:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Paranoid Android

• Talon

• Subtemperate

Reincarnated, kyoquadon - where are you guys? Need to start playing some chess with you two.

I've had a challenge for kyoquadon open since the beginning of the tourney but no response.

I sent reincarnated a PM a while back regarding his user name at RHP but no response there either.

Hopefully nothing too bad has happened to keep them from playing.

.....oh....what!.....seriously, my first game is with Talon!?

Well, I'd rather my first game be against Talon, then my last :P

You won't be penalised if someone you are trying to play against isn't moving, i'll be following up on any participants who are not doing anything whatsoever since it's holding the game up for everyone else.

Anyone who signed up but is ignoring PMs and failing to move will probably end up being removed from the tournament.

I have room for one more Game.

If anyone needs a little bit of friendly practice I am available.

My RHP account is FallenGodling

Edited by AtlantisRises

Sorry guys on my team, i was away for a couple days there. Back in the game now. :)

Anyone who signed up but is ignoring PMs and failing to move will probably end up being removed from the tournament.

Well kyoquadon by the look of it signed up on the forums here only for the Chess Tournament. I'm sending him a PM now, but I don't know how reliable he is. I've also sent Reincarnated PM's which he has not responded to (my message tracker says he hasn't read either one of them yet).

I am however back now and look forward to my first match with.....oh....what!.....seriously, my first game is with Talon!?

Hey I'm not that thrilled about it either, you have beaten me before. :lol: For which btw I'm greatful looking back on it, it was becoming stressful trying to win every game - spending ages looking at every possible move. Worrying about so much about remaining undefeated made the game a chore rather than fun. Now I pretty much don't care if I win or lose..... :huh: although I'm hoping I win.

You're goin down this year my friend.

Down.

Been fun thus far, glad i joined it this year

The tournament is going really well, we've seen a lot of games played already this season and it should be an interesting contest.

Thanks to both our regulars and newcomers for taking part. :tu:

All i can say is blast and bugger it two damn mistakes by me in the same match first my queen and then a silly move by my rook :cry: lol

I really must concentrate more when playing lol

Still been a good game Subby :tu:

Yeah, I thought most of it it was pretty evenly balanced... Our second match could be right down to the wire again lol

Edited by Subtemperate

Was a good match, well done. Second match will be a challenge. Won one and lost one.

I have a question, how many rounds are there, and is it like the best 2 from each group that move on to the next round

The top three from each group will go through to the second round. In round 2, there will be six groups of three. The highest scoring six players from round one will be placed in one group each, and the other players will then be randomly assigned the other two placements in each group.

The top scoring players in round two will then be placed in a single group of six for round three, and will play each other, the top three highest scorers will achieve first, second and third place respectively.

Ashley? Where has you toddled off to....

And Woody, feel free to start the second game when you wish...I only have my game with you, and my two with ashley to go.

Hey Subs, if you feel like a friendly game feel free to set one up with me. :)

*probably should note he only has 20 mins left on the comp for today tho..*

lol

Its ok, I wont be up all that longer anyhow :P

Yeah i'll start that match today sometime Subby.

So i take it that Ashley is a no show?

Ashley has a few games going. :tu:

Her RHP username is "Ashleystarchild".

Thats now been updated on the scoresheet as it was previously incorrect.