Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Row over Satanism night school course

UM-Bot

news icon rAn unholy row has broken out after a night-school course in Satanism was launched in a village hall. Occultist Scott Jones is guiding students through topics such as a witchcraft, Satanism and tarot during the course in Worle, Somerset.

Students on the 10-week course, will learn how to "increase their mental and physical strength through meditation" discover the "magic alphabet" and investigate rituals with dolls.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: 24dash

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SilverCougar

• starlitkate

• Lady Warrior Ravynwynn

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Top Posters In This Topic

The classes don't seem so interesting, but I'd go just to p*** off those who protest against it.

I bet those who say the courses are distasteful and horrific don't even know what they're talking about.

Here, let's have some fun:

In your hometown, organize such a class on satanism. Make it known that you have a class on satanism. However, don't give any class, just pretend. Make up a story. Soon, you'll have people complaining that you sacrificed their pets and that your students are defiling some sacred stuff, say a graveyard.

If you want it to be even funnier, reveal the truth, that there were no classes in the first places and that all that you said was made up. The reaction of people should be priceless.

If they have such a problem with religion, perhaps they should close down all Churchs and every other holy site around their area.

Poor Christians getting beaten down by a schooling course. :rolleyes:

I'll ask this as nicely as I really can...

Who's followers have done more evil in the last 2000 years? Lucifers followers or the followers of Christ? :)

Shocking, ain't it? ;)

If they have such a problem with religion, perhaps they should close down all Churchs and every other holy site around their area.

Poor Christians getting beaten down by a schooling course. :rolleyes:

I'll ask this as nicely as I really can...

Who's followers have done more evil in the last 2000 years? Lucifers followers or the followers of Christ? :)

Shocking, ain't it? ;)

Oh, I lost count right after the whole business of Holy crusades and the killings in the name of God started. ^_^ Which to say, the Muslims stole that bit from the Catholics.

What is it that they say about Knowledge? Aside it being power...

But hey, if they want to keep people ignorant...

Shocking, ain't it? ;)

:tu: Very true

But hey, if they want to keep people ignorant...

The best way to keep people believe in anything is to keep them ignorant of whatever is around them. And the best way to keep a large mass ignorant is to ingrain the notion that everything around them is bad (evil) and they should actively oppose it.

:innocent:

Knowledge is indeed power; the power to decide for yourself what to believe in and what not. Don't disbelieve in anything simply because you don't know it. B)

This to me is definitely shocking. I know that I myself would never attend one of these classes so I aint gotta worry. Hehe I wonder how many of these students became terrified of the dark after volunteerily attending this satanic class. lol :lol:

The classes don't seem so interesting, but I'd go just to p*** off those who protest against it.

I bet those who say the courses are distasteful and horrific don't even know what they're talking about.

Here, let's have some fun:

In your hometown, organize such a class on satanism. Make it known that you have a class on satanism. However, don't give any class, just pretend. Make up a story. Soon, you'll have people complaining that you sacrificed their pets and that your students are defiling some sacred stuff, say a graveyard.

If you want it to be even funnier, reveal the truth, that there were no classes in the first places and that all that you said was made up. The reaction of people should be priceless.

Sheesh. Someone opened a "New Age" store, on our Main Street in the old part of town, and it lasted 1 month, I think. People were horrified. "They" got it closed down.

Anyone trying to achieve teaching anything other than what "They" think should be acceptable, would have "Them"(The Bull Mountain Yuppie mom's), the rich people behind everthing in this town, after them one night with torches and pitchforks.

Sheesh. Someone opened a "New Age" store, on our Main Street in the old part of town, and it lasted 1 month, I think. People were horrified. "They" got it closed down.

Anyone trying to achieve teaching anything other than what "They" think should be acceptable, would have "Them"(The Bull Mountain Yuppie mom's), the rich people behind everthing in this town, after them one night with torches and pitchforks.

You gotta be kidding me... I mean cripes are Christian stores the only stores allowed to be open for peoples faith? New Age stores tend to carry everything else... and are *HARMLESS* to these people...

If I remember correctly...Satanism has absolutely nothing to do with Satan. Belief in the devil is a part of Christian belief; if they actually believed in Satan, they'd be Christians (perhaps not very good ones, but Christians all the same). Satanists are usually athiests or agnostics...they don't believe the devil actually exists.

The reason their beliefs are named after Satan is because they choose him as a symbol of individuality and self determination. Whether or not Christians would be offended or not probably didn't enter into the creative process...I doubt Christians thought long and hard about whether other people would be offended about the implication they would burn in hell for all eternity.

You gotta be kidding me... I mean cripes are Christian stores the only stores allowed to be open for peoples faith? New Age stores tend to carry everything else... and are *HARMLESS* to these people...

In my town, I guess so!

It's crazy! We're very close to a major city: Portland, Oregon, and these people are so judgemental! People act this way, because of their fears. I am Christian, but Celtic, and not fanatical! I go to a bead store, alot, to get supplies for making gemstone jewelry. They used to carry alot of Pentacles, and beautiful Celtic things. Now, they don't. And it is the same thing that the other store went through. It makes me so mad! :angry2: :devil:

Aren't mainstream religions learned about in those kinds of schools? If one religion is taught, any other religion should also be allowed to be taught.

The 'New Age' stores are being closed down for the same movement that moved celebration of holidays out of schools, the removal of Merry Christmas in stores such as walmart, the prayer and 10 commandments in school. It's not all public siding with christianity!! I'm sure if Wiccan was a more international religion instead of christianity, then the same thing would be said coming from the other side if this were to happen. It all comes down to anything religous not being allowed anywhere. It's gonna get to where church gatherings will be in homes the same as most all other religions are practiced, then the government will open a church that allows all to come but under that certain religion. It's not christians that are closing this store down. Trust me, the people that rented the space to put this store up has every right to have the store there. Noone in the community can shut it down without a purposeful reason. Maybe the person with the store couldn't afford to rent the space. I have spent a great deal of most my life traveling and I can say this much-alot of places have normal books stores and coffee shops and such that allow all kinds of books including wiccan & satanism. If you go to a mall then you will find a book store of that sort.

Edited by starlitkate

What a laugh.

Its good to see the Christians being as tolerant as usual

I grew up with the belief that anything to do with Satan was wrong. It is amazing how difficult it can be to overcome the teachings of parents. The day I acquired, let's leave it at that, a copy of the satanic bible, was one of those rare turning points in my life. I was amazingly wrong on Satanism.

Like has been previously mentioned, Satanism doesn’t not preach what I would have thought. Satan is a figurehead, nothing more. No sacrifices of virgins, lambs, or goats. Basically it preaches tolerance and peace. Twelve or so years ago I would have been on the side of the Christians and believed the worst of Satanism. Get informed before you decide on any course.

Now I am going to go back to my ever-lasting quest of finding a good night sleep. My sleepy tea is almost gone but I will be back, saying dumb things and p***ing off all.

P.S. Insomnia sucks humongous donkey balls.

I thought Satanism was all about "First serve yourself." Selfishness. It SHOULD go over real big, seeing as the USA has a very high percentage of selfish people.

Religion doesn't start wars, Politicians do. It is just that major religions are actually run by politicians, just like governments are.

And for your knowledge, here, in Portland, Oregon, I know of three Christian supply stores that have gone under in the last year. I can only think of two that are still open. And those DO sell Christian Celtic symbols and books.

Part of the reason New Age stores close down is that a few of them are selling "herb" and blown glass smoking paraphenalia. They get a bad reputation as drug houses that is usually not deserved.

You're confuseing hippie stores with real New Age stores. I've yet to go into a New Age store and see drug paraphenalia. Ravens World was one of my favorite. Never did they sell smokeing herbs (illegal or otherwise) and never did they sell pipes or bongs or even hookas.

Yes, Hippie stores sell many a new agey like things... But real New Age stores are reputable buisnesses.

People should be able to decide what they want to learn. They are old enough to take care of themselves.