Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

IS this pic real?

cleo_patra45

Most people think that this picture is totally fake, but how would they know? I wanted to see what you guys thought of it?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cleo_patra45

• Magikman

• Loonboy

• PurpleStuart

Two things, Mya. First I've moved your post to the Unexplained Photographs category, as it is the suitable venue for it. Secondly, could you provide a link or futher information on the pictures you have posted? Is the first one supposedly showing a 'bigfoot'? or some sort of forest creature? Is the second photo showing a 'ghostly' image at the upper right? More detail would be helpful. They are interesting, to say the least.  :s03

Magikman

[blue]

Sorry guys but I can't see the photos on the post nor can I click the attachment as it says it's deleted....!!

[/blue] :s5

They transferred without a problem last night when I moved the post, but I think I know what happened. Someone's inadvertantly deleted the "This thread has been moved" message in the General Discussion category, severing the original destination of the pictures. That's why they show as being deleted.

Mya, you can upload the pictures again by clicking the modify button in your posts. If you're not able to do that, Instant message me the url address you found the pictures at and I'll reload the pictures for you. Sorry about the trouble.  :se

Magikman  :)

Heres the address where I found it. IF it won't work then, miagikman can help me send them to him. For now, this is the best I can do. IF you are unable to click on these links. Then I need help! LOL.

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/may02/amazing.html

That picture is the one with the woman and the ghost and here is the historian guy that appears behind that man and woman.

http://www.ghoststudy.com/monthly/apr02/fellow.html

There are also more pictures. Lots more!!

if you want to check more pictures, go to www.ghoststudy.com. And click on ghost gallery. There you can click on all the pictures!

[blue]

Both photographs appear to be fakes.

The first one of the staircase ghost is obviously a slow exposure with someone moving up or down the stairs with a sheet over them... hence the foot and the smooth flowing contours of the shape.

The second one is a double exposure in my book or someone has superimposed it on the photo.

Ghoststudy.com is a great source of photos and information, but in my opinion the webmasters there seem to believe that nearly every photo is real.

If a ghost was to appear on a photo, I would think that it would either appear as something in the background which was going about its normal business and just happened to be snapped (as in that one of the mother-in-law in the back seat of the car), or as a purposeful appearance on the photo - as in the RAF ghost photo.

[/blue]  :s4                  :sd

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is definatley an example of how poor photography technology was in the past. If it seems that the man in the picture was out of place, its b/c he was. This was obviously a misprint in the history book it was found in or, either it was some type of double exposure. Common sense says Jim is wrong when he sad that this was a ghost.      ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If a ghost was to appear on a photo, I would think that it would either appear as something in the background which was going about its normal business and just happened to be snapped (as in that one of the mother-in-law in the back seat of the car), or as a purposeful appearance on the photo - as in the RAF ghost photo.

I remember years ago, reading that the mother-in-law picture was a fake. I have seen it in every book/website since without the explanation.

Anyone else know anything about it?

I can't remember if we have discussed that photo or not, we must of done somewhere. have a look round the forum in this and the other Ghost catagories, i'm sure you'll find a mention of it somewhere.

If this pic is fake, then the person that has made it has been really clever and got rid of any visible defects, as if the old man is stuck on top either with photo-shop, or with glue then this would detect it, all it can detect is that he is there.

what effect is that and why would (and how) would it detect it if it was a fake?

I not doubting you, i'm just curious

If the picture was a cut and paste job then this would show up as a dark line around the subject/s as there are lines around all the people then it means that someone has either gone and cut and pasted all of them or the man in the middle is naturally occuring on the photo, and so does not leave an edge all round him, same with the other two people, as the edges do not go all around them he is part of the original photo.