Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black-Eyed People, Children

science101

Here's another story from paranormal.about.com

It's about a man who says he was saved by his guardian angel when he was being followed by a black eyed person.

I live in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the United States, and this is where this event took place in February of 2007. The biggest club district in Indy is Broad Ripple, about 60 blocks north of downtown. Myself, my girlfriend, and a couple of friends were out bar hopping on a Friday night, just having a good time. I ran out of cash and had to run to the ATM at the bank down the block. (There were plenty of ATMs around, but I was willing to walk a couple dozen yards to avoid the fees.) I made it to the ATM and withdrew some cash, and this was when things got weird.

I turned around and saw that across the street was a man leaning against the telephone pole on the corner. He was dressed well, in a black suit with an open-collar maroon shirt. He was tall, maybe 6'4", and was white with short, jet-black hair. I'm couldn't be sure at that distance, but I firmly believe that his eyes were completely jet-black. (I've read the other stories about black-eyed people (BEP) and I believe them now.) The scariest part was that he was staring across this crowded intersection at me with this incredibly smug look on his face. Now, I was in the Army and I spent sixteen months in Iraq. I'm only about 5'7", but I'm solidly built, and I can handle myself. I've been frightened before, but the only word for what this man inspired in me is abject terror. His appearance was absolutely impeccable and he was just standing there, like he knew something I didn't, and as if it were something I wasn't going to like.

I didn't want to hang around any longer than I had to, so I took off at a quick pace back toward the club where my friends were. After several yards, I allowed myself a glance backward and saw that he was following me across the street. I reminded myself that nothing could happen with people all around, but I didn't really believe it. I reached the club, but there was a line in front of the bouncer who was checking IDs. I stood there shaking with fear as I saw the man pause on the other side of the street, look both ways, then calmly begin crossing toward me. Every move he made was precise and deliberate. I knew that when he got to me something horrible was going to happen, and it was only with great effort that I managed to maintain my composure.

Just then, another man walked up to me from the other direction. He was in his late 20s or early 30s (several years older than me), wearing jeans, sneakers, a baseball cap, and a hooded sweatshirt from a local university (UIndy, my alma mater). He touched me on the shoulder and I immediately felt calmer. Then, he said, "Don't worry. You're all right. We have everything under control." I glanced back at the man in the suit and he had paused in the middle of the street. It's amazing that he wasn't run over. The sweatshirt man turned away from me to face the man in the suit. It was clear to me that this was a showdown. After a moment, the man in the suit sneered at us, in frustration, it seemed. Then turned around, and walked away. The sweatshirt man turned back to me with a reassuring smile, patted my shoulder and walked on.

I wish now that I had followed him and asked some questions, but the bouncer beckoned me inside and I really wanted to get back to my friends. When I found them in the club, my girlfriend immediately knew something was wrong, but before she could say anything, another friend, Scott, said, "Did your friend find you?" I replied, "Who?" Scott explained that they had run into a guy who was asking about me. That he had said we had gone to school together, and that he really needed to find me. When I pressed for details, they described the sweatshirt man (of course.) I don't know who either man was, but I truly believe that I was targeted by something evil, and that my guardian angel (or something) protected me.

Edited by the_scorpion

Urban legend.

Jsut because you haven't seen one. Doesn't mean they're an "urban legend." Sometimes urban legends can be real.

This topic got my interested. Thanks for the topic.

Wow. I don't know what to say. Personally, I wouldn't be too willing to believe the stories, but "black-eyed people" have been turning up in these forums more and more. Hmm...

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, just wondering if there is any sort of medical condition that would turn the eyes black. I know this doesn't explain the creepiness and bad vibes though.

Very very interesting! First time ive heard of the Black eyed people. I have one question. Do they only exist in the US? All the stories are from USA.

Very very interesting! First time ive heard of the Black eyed people. I have one question. Do they only exist in the US? All the stories are from USA.

I've read a few things about them in the UK.

There's a story that took place in Australia.

Also other threads on the topic.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...79935&st=30

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...showtopic=89448

Ooh creepy stories! I have to add that some people do have eyes that change colour with light conditions, the first story could be a case of that. I have eyes that do that, sometimes green, sometimes blue, sometimes black. I do have normal white bits tho'. See:

linked-image

linked-image

LOL I have creeped people out. *giggles*

Awsome eyes meritaten!! ,mine only go from black to very light brown.

anyways. these stories are very creepy i dont knwo of many people who have actualy seen these people or whatever they are, but im thinking that why would they beg to be let in? if they can just go wherever they want like that one story where he was in the car and the women went in there then dissapeared?

someone mentioned earlier they were vampiric?

the only possibly thing i could see vampiric about these ''peoples"

is that they asked to be let in. as do vampires. they cant go in well. "suposedbly"

makes me wonder what would've happened if he had let them go to your bathroom. they sound very creapy however has anyone realy ever been harmed by one of them? its like they have rules or something. wierd. hmm

What puzzles me is that nobody in any of these stories actually says to the person(s) - "Hey, you've got totally black eyes!"

I mean it's very unusual, isn't it? Maybe one or two people might be very reticent to mention it, but I know I would ask why, and I'm a Brit - we're not known for our outright directness... :blush:

:geek:

What I don't get in these stories is why none of these black-eyed people ever caused a stir amongst the public. Come on, pople start whispering amongst each other for far less. A black-eyed guy peacefully sitting at starbucks, 3 empty tables around him, and nobody whispering, looking funny, etc, etc....? Doesn't sound convincing to me...

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe there are already movies regarding this, but only in Asia.

Many parts of Asia strongly believe in ghosts and demons and what not, and the whole part about black eyes is just the outer rim of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Phew... just finished reading the 5 pages of comments...

anyway, last year about september i went to the movies( i cant remember wat it was i saw) but the theatre was empty apart from a couple sitting at the back row, my Auntie, my sister and me. i was sitting about 3 rows ahead of my Auntie and sister. It was dark, and a man who looked like he was in his late 20's walked in and sat in the row beside the row i was sitting in. As he sat down he looked at me and thats when i saw it.....he had completly black eyes. i started to feel really cold, sick and had a sense of dread...the movie started and i turned and faced the front. when the movie finished i looked over too where the man was sitting and he was gone.

I once read that an ice pick lobotomy leaves eyes big, black, and swollen (for a moment).

Edited by astralis

Do a search on the site, there's been threads on them before, I just don't remember in what section. :tu:

ghosts, hauntings and the paranormal have been popular with accounts of them, they are a bit hard to cassify because some of the accounts end up with someone dead.

Edited by Blueguardian

Hmm, just wondering if there is any sort of medical condition that would turn the eyes black. I know this doesn't explain the creepiness and bad vibes though.

Aniridia is similar to the description of black eyed people

Aniridia is similar to the description of black eyed people

yer but that is only the iris and again that does explain the feeling of dread

What puzzles me is that nobody in any of these stories actually says to the person(s) - "Hey, you've got totally black eyes!"

I mean it's very unusual, isn't it? Maybe one or two people might be very reticent to mention it, but I know I would ask why, and I'm a Brit - we're not known for our outright directness... :blush:

:geek:

With a felling of utter terror and dread and feeling sick to my stomach, I don't think I would casually go "Hey, you've got totally black eyes!", no.

What I don't get in these stories is why none of these black-eyed people ever caused a stir amongst the public. Come on, pople start whispering amongst each other for far less. A black-eyed guy peacefully sitting at starbucks, 3 empty tables around him, and nobody whispering, looking funny, etc, etc....? Doesn't sound convincing to me...

Good question. A lot of the time the victim is alone with the BEK or the BEKS are focussed very much on the one person. Maybe the exceptions are fake stories. or maybe only the target can see them for what they really are.

I've had a account with a black-eyed 'person' myself. I went walking up to the nearby 7-11 it was around seven or so and the sun was almost down, it is not even a mile away from here. Well, as I walked across the small field which seperates the apartments where I live from the 7-11 nothing abnormal happened. Well, I reached the 7-11 and walked inside. The clerk was reading some kind of magazine so I just went to go get the stuff I came for,I grabbed the things and went up to the counter. He still had the magazine up. I called out that I was ready,no response. I called again, he practically slammed the magazine onto the counter and stared at me. Those pure black eyes, he simple spoke a short sentence. "Get out of here!" So, I dropped the cash on the counter and began to leave, as I did the doors opened for themselves so instead of walking knowing it wasn't a prank I ran like hell. I could have sworn I could hear him running, following me across the field. I stopped at the end of the field out of breath and looked back, nothing. I don't go up there at night or alone anymore.

why hasn't anyone just tried beating the kids up?

#1. The fear they've described is debilitating.

#2. That.. Would carry the risk of being against the law.

#3. Paranormal child or not, you have no proof that they absolutely are. What kind of a psychopath would beat up a kid randomly? You risk the chance again ^ as seen above of breaking the law.

I've had a account with a black-eyed 'person' myself. I went walking up to the nearby 7-11 it was around seven or so and the sun was almost down, it is not even a mile away from here. Well, as I walked across the small field which seperates the apartments where I live from the 7-11 nothing abnormal happened. Well, I reached the 7-11 and walked inside. The clerk was reading some kind of magazine so I just went to go get the stuff I came for,I grabbed the things and went up to the counter. He still had the magazine up. I called out that I was ready,no response. I called again, he practically slammed the magazine onto the counter and stared at me. Those pure black eyes, he simple spoke a short sentence. "Get out of here!" So, I dropped the cash on the counter and began to leave, as I did the doors opened for themselves so instead of walking knowing it wasn't a prank I ran like hell. I could have sworn I could hear him running, following me across the field. I stopped at the end of the field out of breath and looked back, nothing. I don't go up there at night or alone anymore.

Wow.

Thanks for sharing.

Okay i wish wish wish I had never read this thread... or those ghost stories.... but ugh really freaked out here cause my computer is facing a window... and when I look out that window I'm seeing an eye. AN EYE! and the iris and pupil are completely black!! and there is a basic outline of a woman.......

i couldnt agree more ive just gotta remember to read thos bek stories at day time and not night.