Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black-Eyed People, Children

science101

I thought of the same thing, the author makes it seem like something out of a paranormal book or something. Doesn't make me feel like if someone experienced this but more like if this was just a tale made up to scare people. It would be pretty scary if people like this existed.

He said he was a journalist. If that is true, obviously his writing is going to come across as professional. Even if he did experience it first hand.

Neo-Nazis and despotic dictators are not thought (by most) to be supernatural. BEK's are. Did you read that one woman's story of the same BEK's following her for years? They would appear at the most random moments, then disappear whenever anyone else was near. There is a decent chance that one of the powers of BEKs, if they are real, is to know why people are challenging them/making fun of them.

Are you saying that if someone somewhere is challenging a BEK, they would have to know. I wouldn't assume they are omnipresent. I don't assume anything really. Never a good idea.

When it comes down to it, there is a higher chance of Neo-Nazis actually visiting your house than BEKs, since Neo-Nazis are real and BEKs are stories that ignorant, superstitious, lonely, attention seeking and/or schizophrenic people make up. By honestly believing in BEks and other nonsense you cheapen humanity. You help pull down the average IQ of our race and spread lies and superstition wherever you go. You operate like a virus that does not attack the body, but the mind.

Yes. I do understand. It's a very important issue for humanity. The world leaders must go form a summit. These 'BEK story' believers will be the downfall of our civilization. I'm dead serious you guys!

There is no supernatural. There is nothing outside of nature. There are many unexplained things, but science will explain them eventually. Instead of wasting your time daydreaming about kids with black eyes, go convince people to quit being superstitious or get a(nother) college degree or something.

This is just arguing semantics. Arguing over definitions of words is silly. "outside nature" doesn't mean anything. If you want to define supernatural as "outside nature" then fine. I'd say that makes the word supernatural kind of silly too.

You seem to admit there are many unexplained things that science does not yet understand but will explain eventually. That seems rather a lot like a belief the possibility of such things. I thought you were trying to argue AGAINST such possibilities.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the advice. I'm already working on my degree at present though.

BTW, an explanation for why people feel the "fear aura" before they notice the people's eyes are black is that subconsciously their mind notices the black eyes but they do not consciously realize it until later. But that is not really important, since chances are ALL of these stories are 100% made up, and not the product of a scared person's overactive imagination.

I'd tend to agree with your statement there. Although you seem to totally dismiss it in the next sentence because of your 100% conviction that the whole idea is just made up. Although you don't provide your reasoning.

I've learned over the years, it's never a good idea to be 100% sure of anything. Maybe 95% sure. But you always need that 5% to keep an open mind. Because everyone is proven wrong sooner or later.

Edited by Ins0mniac

I've learned over the years, it's never a good idea to be 100% sure of anything. Maybe 95% sure. But you always need that 5% to keep an open mind. Because everyone is proven wrong sooner or later.

I Agree Buddy. I strongly Agree. Unless one has an open mind, One isnt curious. If one isnt curious, one doesnt ask questions and get answers, thus one wont gain any knowledge without an open mind.

Edited by coredrill

ahhhh these stories are fun! i like them...very interesting stuff. now i'm not suggesting any of this is real, how should i know, but i'd like to theorize their possible existance and mannerisms...cos its fun ;)

on the 'must let them in' thing, this comes to mind: if the paranormal world exists, and all its terrible/wonderful beings/entities, etc. it seems to me that they are ( a ) extraterrestrial, ( b ) of another dimension of Earth or ( c ) simply other inhabitants of the Earth whom are very good at concealing their existance amongst us, spare these few encounters by humans in heightened states of awareness, for whatever reasons. they could be earthlings too, only not 'human' ;) all these accounts of other beings people have encountered and felt threatened by (mothman, BEP, demons, alien humanoids, spooky voices mocking a crew on the sonar thingy (they were originally listening for whales!) all share that same element that has always struck me...they 'feel' that the being/entity 'knows they are superior' in some way, and are very smug, mocking...of higher intelligence and 'power'. this all gives me the idea of the paranormal world being part of our world, insync with it, exchanges back and forth...only they are far more aware of us then we are of them, seeing as we seem 'children' compared to them, you'd assume maybe the more 'benevolent' of these beings, as there would seem to be many different types (though all fundementally similiar..we are all earthlings afterall :P ) would be shielding us from the full scope of things, believing us 'better off' this way, and keeping things in balance themselves...some beings seem smug and malvolent in their viewing of us, probably delighting in our apparent ignorance of them, and their superiority. others, many believe to be their 'guardian angels' or 'spirit guides' seem more graceful in their knowledge, appear to feel somewhat responsible for us...could this perhaps be simply like the way good-willed human beings would care for animals, trying to protect them if they can? while the more 'sinister in nature' individuals treat anything 'below' them like dirt, kicking a dog sadistically with a smug look on their face? if you don't mind being compared to an animal, i think its a good comparison! :P

to theorize further on why when encountering these BEP, in crowded public places, and yet you seem to be the only one who sees the 'wrongness' about them, their 'inhuman aura', could simply be that in noticing this being, you are engaging with them personally, they have taken notice and much interest in you, simply because they are amused and slightly excited that YOU have noticed them! and while everyone else simply avoids them unconsciously (a human instinctiveness, that is unconscious...possibly simply our human survival instinct - stay clear of what you don't know and might harm you) you have somehow half-slipped into a more heightened awareness of your surroundings and the world around you (including that more 'paranormal' dimension of things) and suddenly you are like a beacon to this creature! he feels your awareness of him, and your instinctive recognition of the fact they are not human...they are amused by this, intrigued, and wish to engage you further. however, your survival and 'fight or flight' instincts inevitably kick in, and you want out! perhaps why we need this 'protection' from the the more benevolent beings in the first place, we are not mentally, physically or spiritually equipped to engage with these beings...

...it also reminds me of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles...the way the vampire characters in her books describe their encounters with mortals? the way they sense the human's recognition of their unnaturalness, that they are not human. that the mortals don't know what they are, or how they know...they just know. this of course, made the vampires a lil sad :P humans would always run away, never stay and talk with them! :lol:

phew! now, no one take this literally, these are simply musings... :tu:

Edited by LittleIrishVampiress

There is a decent chance that one of the powers of BEKs, if they are real, is to know why people are challenging them/making fun of them.

What makes you say that? Why do you think that a creature can sift through the billions of minds on this planet and suddenly realize 'Hey! This guy is insulting me! Better go scare the crap out of him!' ?

I did skip a few stories, so please point out to me which one hinted that these creatures could read minds because from the stories I read, I don't remember any hints that they were telepathic. I'd appreciate it. And even if they are telepathic, what are the chances that they would be reading your mind at just the moment that you invited them into your house? Just because an entity has a few powers does not mean that it is suddenly godlike and has every power.

BTW, an explanation for why people feel the "fear aura" before they notice the people's eyes are black is that subconsciously their mind notices the black eyes but they do not consciously realize it until later.

That's a pretty good explanation actually, thanks. I remember reading a while back about why people see certain things over and over continually, like numbers. They see it in their peripheral vision and it registers in their subconscious so they look that way and see the number once again. Same thing could work here. You see it in your peripheral vision, your subconscious nags at you that something is wrong and then you start staring at the person to figure out what it is that is wrong and lo and behold, he or she has black eyes. I probably wouldn't have even thought about that if you didn't say anything. :lol:

Edit: Fixed a typo...

Edited by Uh-Oh

Neo-Nazis and despotic dictators are not thought (by most) to be supernatural. BEK's are. Did you read that one woman's story of the same BEK's following her for years? They would appear at the most random moments, then disappear whenever anyone else was near. There is a decent chance that one of the powers of BEKs, if they are real, is to know why people are challenging them/making fun of them.

When it comes down to it, there is a higher chance of Neo-Nazis actually visiting your house than BEKs, since Neo-Nazis are real and BEKs are stories that ignorant, superstitious, lonely, attention seeking and/or schizophrenic people make up. By honestly believing in BEks and other nonsense you cheapen humanity. You help pull down the average IQ of our race and spread lies and superstition wherever you go. You operate like a virus that does not attack the body, but the mind.

There is no supernatural. There is nothing outside of nature. There are many unexplained things, but science will explain them eventually. Instead of wasting your time daydreaming about kids with black eyes, go convince people to quit being superstitious or get a(nother) college degree or something.

BTW, an explanation for why people feel the "fear aura" before they notice the people's eyes are black is that subconsciously their mind notices the black eyes but they do not consciously realize it until later. But that is not really important, since chances are ALL of these stories are 100% made up, and not the product of a scared person's overactive imagination.

So tell me why you are in a paranormal forum???

to theorize further on why when encountering these BEP, in crowded public places, and yet you seem to be the only one who sees the 'wrongness' about them, their 'inhuman aura', could simply be that in noticing this being, you are engaging with them personally, they have taken notice and much interest in you, simply because they are amused and slightly excited that YOU have noticed them! and while everyone else simply avoids them unconsciously

I've wondered about this for years. I remember seeing a great example of this sort of selective perception, in which a group of people in the foreground were tossing balls back and forth, while a man in a costume walked through the background. The first time you watch the film, most people never notice the guy in the costume, even though he stops and waves at the camera. I think when we see things that 'aren't supposed to be there', our brain just sort of filters them out. Kind of like the SEP field in hitchhiker's guide...Our brain looks at what we're seeing and says, "I don't want to see that demonic creature over there, so I won't, that is Someone Elses Problem", possibly even going so far as, in the case of the BEP sitting in the restaurant surrounded by empty tables, making sure you don't sit to close to the thing you're not seeing.

Ghost It Notes wrote:

Perhaps Thedeveloper does protest too much? lol

I agree! I bet he's really a BEK trying to thow us off the scent! :lol:

Wow! I didnt think anyone thought of black-eyed people as anything out of the ordinary, but i got a story for you!

My girlfriend, named Amanda Bayers has completely black eyes with a small ring of color on the outside of the black pupil. She claims she can see great at night. But what shocked me was her story when she was younger.

She had a dream that aliens came to her - but that same night her dad had the same dream, and they both woke up to experience tingling in their heads.

Anything?

Theres already a thread on this in Urban Legends ..

I think there may have been a few of these Black Eyed People in which the stories are actually true - But most are most likely fake ..

As for the people themselves - And if they do seem to 'Know Things' is debatable ..

Though I wouldn't rule it out because not everything has been explained about these people ..

BUT if you ever meet one of these people - To find out whether for real or not, try this ..

Say - 'Hey, cool contacts, where'd you get 'em?'

And if they answer they're not contacts, Then they're obviously a fake, because they would lose there cover and hence never getting what they wanted from you .. Whether it was to get into your car or your house ..

But if they say that they ARE lenses - Then they're probably lying if they cover the whites of the eyes as well ..

But then again it could just be a person xD

Lol .

Really creepy... I hope I don't encounter one of those people, specially children that would just be too disturbing for me

Anyway Something really interesting is that when the black-eyed people are children they must be invited in by the " victim".

Could it be because they don't have the power yet to go in by their own means??? Just a thought :)

Do a search on the site, there's been threads on them before, I just don't remember in what section. :tu:

I wrote something on here last year about them. The same stories though. I think they were a fad or something, because there hasn't been anything new written on them that I found. Scary idea though!

I remember reading about this years ago hehe. Always thought it was creepy, but actually something quite eery happened to me that totally reminded me of this. Here goes :

Me and a friend was chilling and maybe smoking a little marijuana, which only helped intensify the experience. My friend went to the toilet and the doorbell rings. Odd i wasn't expecting anyone, so i went out to open up and was stumped to see an empty staircase, but when i looked down, a little boy who had been leaning very close up against the door was staring up at me with these big weird eyes. Something about him freaked me out and just the shock of first thinking it was empty, to then spotting him (happened in a glimpse), made me jump back.

The boy looked completely calm, with stary eyes, yet i calmed down and said :"well hello there, so what can i do for you?" and he just gave me this eerie stare and said "no!" in a weird tone.

Needless to say i was confused, the boy looked old enough to make normal conversation. But before i could respond he said it again, "no!" and then he continued to say it like a broken record with despair on his face.

It freaked me out to the point where i just wanted to slam the door in his face, remembering the stories about these black eyed kids, i was expecting his eyes to turn black at any given moment. But i couldn't get myself to do this. It was as if he wanted something of me, he didn't turn around he just kept standing right in the doorway staring at me, uttering :"No".

I tried to listen down the stairs for any sounds from adults who might be looking for him etc, but nothing. The boy just stood there and continued to say :"no!" with a blank stare. A confident stare. He had no aggenda for knocking on my door it seems other than to freak me out and tell me "no!".

At this point i was relieved to hear my friend come back out from the toilet, so i called him and said "uhm dude come take a look at this!" My friend looked at me in a weird way, but recieved the same shock when he saw the kid standing right in the doorway, halfway inside the appartment, uttering his continious "no's" It was obvious my friend was as freaked out as me. Something just felt otherwordly about this kid.

So we tried questioning him about his parents, where he lived etc etc and kept getting the same response. "No". So we decided to call police, and just as we did the boy stepped back onto the staircase and turned his head back, stared at us and gave us the last dose of no's and an EERIE smile.

And this was when we heard adults on the staircase below,

Turned out the boy had taken the wrong floor and his mother taught him never talk to strangers and always say no to anything they asked or offered. LOL. Still a strange kid and a day me and my friend always think bac upon as the weirdest moment in our friendship hehe.

Turned out the boy had taken the wrong floor and his mother taught him never talk to strangers and always say no to anything they asked or offered. LOL. Still a strange kid and a day me and my friend always think bac upon as the weirdest moment in our friendship hehe.

Hilarious story!

Angers me about the parents teaching their kids that stupidity. What if they need help like this little guy obviously did. Would he be scared to talk to a policeman? Social worker? Off topic, I know, but personally, I think its more important to teach our children HOW to talk to strangers.

Thanks for the chuckle.

There is a forum in Urban Legends about blak eyed children...I put some info on it there with a pic check it out... ;)

My thoughts are that that particular child may have had autism or something of the sort. It's kinda too bad when the kid's labelled as scary, but I can understand it being strange to someone who isn't familiar with developmental delay.

Anyway back on topic, I've personally never seen anyone with eyes that are completely black, and I've never known anyone to have seen it either.

I used to work in a convenience store and one time a man and a woman came in. They were completly normal though. They used the bathroom and bought some stuff and left. But when I looked at them when they were waiting at the bathroom door, their eyes were black. Just for a second (they wren't standing still; talking and such) but theire eyes were completly black. I've thought it was a trick of the light until now.

Haha,

So not all are evil ..

I bet it's just some of them playing a few tricks :P

This topic reminds me of that one episode from Supernatural... :lol:

Black contacts obstruct vision, at night it would be impossible to see(I've worn these before), and they are pricy to the point young children wouldnt be able to afford anyways.

I have found some that might not obstruct the eyes as much here. http://www.vampfangs.com/Blackout-Sclera-L.../blcksclera.htm I take it that's what the eyes looked like? I agree with the price, but otherwise it's possible that a few incidents at least are due to sclera lenses such as these. *the image is copyrighted, so go to the site if you wish to see*