Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ufo/Alien Question

[blue]

Does anyone know about or can point me in the right direction concerning an abduction account I heard/read somewhere?

I recall there being a car of young people (teens/early twenties) driving through the desert somewhere and them experiencing missing time. When they thought back, they remembered a line of what they thought were miners with helmets and little lights on the front, walking down the roadside. Upon hypnotic regression, they related an abduction experience where the miners were aliens....

Can anyone enlighten me on this one?

[/blue] :sj

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loonboy

• SpaceyKC

• Magikman

• cerberus

LB,

I haven't heard about the event you mentioned,  but it sounds interesting!  I hope someone can find the info you need and will post it here.  Do you have any idea about the time(year) this happened?

LB,

I'm not sure if this is it, as it isn't very detailed and doesn't mention a desert. I do know you posted something about reading Budd Hopkins  :s04 (sorry, I've got a real problem with his reliability), and  this mentions a Budd as being the source for the story. It's towards the bottom of the page;

CLICK HERE

Magikman  :sg

[blue]

It quite possibly could be Budd Hopkins and I can understand that some people might not give him a lot of credit, but he certainly gathered together a lot of evidence and took the time to listen to people's stories and put them into some kind of order for the rest of us, at a time when nobody else was doing so.

I will research further, but thanks Magik for the link. I still have this desert setting in my head. Maybe I'm wrong...

Not sure KC when this happened. I'm assuming the eighties or early nineties.

What a frightening concept - you don't have to be alone to be abducted, you can get abducted in packs...

YIKES    :s01

[/blue]

[blue]

I have found some info on it now:

FROM ‘DARK GREY’ BY JIM SCHNABEL

In one of the early cases, during the big UFO wave of the autumn of 1973, seven young men and women, in three cars, driving home from a club near the Appalachian town of Kent in western Connecticut, had seen a big Close Encounters-style mothership emit several small lightforms, but had lost sight of them while on a deserted dirt road. Doubling back, they had seen a car parked beside the dirt road with a young woman behind the wheel. They decided to ask her for directions. Then suddenly a double column of about two dozen hikers with lighted hats appeared, and walked along the road past them, chanting something they couldn’t quite make out ... and the next thing they all remembered, they were sitting in their three cars and the hikers had gone, along with the fourth car, and a short while later, while they were driving around looking for the hikers to ask them if they had seen the UFOs, the police stopped one of their cars and asked them what the hell they were doing out at this time of night, 2 am - where as far as they knew it shouldn’t have been any later than 11 pm. Budd Hopkins and Bloecher drove out to Kent and interviewed the seven witnesses. ‘What did these hikers look like?’ they would ask, and invariably the young witness would say, ‘Well, you know, they were just hikers.’ And Hopkins and Bloecher would say, ‘OK - how were they dressed?’ And one kid would remember, ‘They were dressed like hikers, in blue jeans,’ while another would insist that the hikers had been wearing shorts. Then Hopkins asked, ‘What did they look like when viewed from behind?’ But oddly, none of the kids seemed to remember having seen the hikers from this angle.

Virtually all of the witnesses appeared to have been through some kind of harrowing experience. One of them, a twenty-one-year-old woman, went with her husband for a life insurance medical examination a few weeks after the event, and for the first time in her life, and without being able to explain why, she felt utterly terrified of going into a doctor’s surgery. So her husband went in first, and had the usual cursory check, involving a blood pressure test and a blood test and saying ‘Ahhhh’ and submitting to palpations and probes here and there - and when he came out, he couldn’t find his wife; it turned out she was in the ladies’ room, locked in and mute, so thoroughly and unutterably frightened that she had lapsed into a catatonic state.

Naiman took a witness, a young man of twenty-five, for hypnotic regression. He remembered a row of humanoid figures in suits and lighted helmets coming towards them, and the figures lining up around the cars, surrounding them, and shining their helmet lights at them - and at that point the young man’s eyes opened wide and he sat bolt upright on Naiman’s couch, spontaneously emerging from hypnosis, and when he had collected his wits he made it clear that he wanted nothing more to do with hypnosis or UFO researchers.

Hopkins went out to Kent several times, to try to persuade more of the kids to come in for hypnosis. He had no success. For one thing, the kids’ parents were against the idea. The father of one girl let it be known that if those two New Yorkers with their talk about hypnosis and aliens came around again he’d give them tow barrels of birdshot with his twelve-gauge. The man’s wife, however, quietly took Hopkins aside and said, ‘You think my daughter was taken into that ship, don’t you?’

‘Ma’am, I’m afraid so,’ said Hopkins.

‘I think so, too,’ confided the woman. ‘But I just want you to know, Julie’s doing well in school right now, and she’s got good friends. She’s got a normal life. Let’s just let sleeping dogs lie.’

Kinda creepy, huh? :sa

[/blue]

Poor kids!  I guess if it's easier to cope by denying it ever happened... :sa

[blue]

That's one abduction story to which I give some credence for a number of reasons (assuming that the account is accurate):

Multiple abductees being abducted at the same time.

Not all the abductees knew each other.

Prior sighting before the abduction.

Missing time.

Post-traumatic reactions especially when confronted by stimuli connected with the trauma.

Reluctance to come forward.

And finally, what appear to be genuine human reactions to what might have been a seriously terrible ordeal.

Pity there isn't more evidence on this one.

[/blue] 8)

• 2 months later...

[blue]I think it is definitely a disturbing kinda story.

I have finished the research and written a piece on it for my webpage.

:sj <------ Click Here

Enjoy.[/blue]