Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Immortals

crystal sage

Biologically, there are immortal beings for sure...just in the form of jelly fish and lobsters. But sadly, there isn't any sexy immortal Vampires around the place.

I think true immortality is impossible to achieve..no one can possibly live forever, and even mountains weather away to dust, and stars implode, over a long long time. But I do think with the advancement of technology people can start to live longer, but probably not "forever".

In my opinion this immortal stuff is a bunch of bunk. Nothing lives forever and even stars die. It is the way it is. Some people just like to exploit the gullible for monetary gain.

Immortality can be achieved, the human body has the capability to regenerate its self. Our cells are supposed to be replicated some every day, others every week and yet others like bone matter may take many months.

You're making up nonsense and calling it fact.

But when the body is out of whack and its metabolism disrupted, with GMO’s, over consumption of substances such as alcohol, prefab pharmaceutical drugs, (that often times are modified bacteria in themselves) cause the human body to reprogram its self for a shorter life span.

I don't disagree that these things probably limit our lifespan, but wild animals don't eat GMOs and they have been dying natural deaths for centuries. I think flesh is flesh, and it wears out.

But for fun, some say in the future aliens will show up and offer a DNA upgrade that will give you imortality. This will be the mark of the beast. The bible says in those days men will seek death and not find it. And so they will be cursed. For they will no longer be human. :w00t::alien:

Immortality wouldn't be humane, in other words; I call bulls**t.

I'm a spiritual immortal, as in my dreams i dream about my past lives(everynight). I've played a lot of different characters. I was a woman, an old man, an emperor, I can't remember the rest but i've played many different characters. One thing i am learning about immortality, is that everyone around you dies. Your grandparents, parents, cousins, uncles, even friends they all die except me. The curse of immortality would be loneliness from my perspective. That's what I'm slowly feeling. Yes i'm suppossed to be dead by now, but strange things happen to me when death approaches. Time slows down to an almost halt. Except for me. I have used this gift to save my life(a couple of times already), and my friends lives, and also other peoples lives. I don't even know why i am saying this here, hopefully there is someone out there is like me that can explain this to me. But in any case i've learnt from my recent past lives that i've been ending my life short (30 something). And i did this as if it was natural to me. I don't fear death, but i'm starting to have feelings to no longer come into these mortal worlds. I feel i've learnt enough. I've had enough of it. I know when i will die, I have seen it. It's only time now when i choose it to end. Everything that has a beginning must have an end. This is the rule of this universe. And everyone must comply

According to some spiritual teachers, human DNA was designed to allow for life spans of several hundred years.

What humans have done to shorten that potential will eventually be shifted to allow for longer and healthier physical experiences.

That is my truth on this matter.

John

• Like 1

There are the spiritual or transformed to energy like avatars but the other alchemical type of "immortals" really need to be considered seriously on this post!

First I'd point out that no physical body lasts not even stars. Universe was is created in cycles of birth life and death. It is because groups of galaxies are born or die at different times that it is immortal and lives on. All life either evolves or disintegrates because of time and it is a continuous process. I will say I have proved to myself some people have lived more or less with a middle age appearance for quite a long long time and discovered some major secrets! I believe the mystical guru types probably direct energy to control their bodies on a cellular level if they do exist. That certainly is not a feesable science for the masses wishing to have a conventual type of life in this world!

The other group practicing more along the old alchemy teachings is the one I have some clues about that most people would have an interest! I know some do exist and live a seclusive life style and it is especially hard for them in a day and age of IDs and their secret not being discovered. And yes they are the elite with accumulated wealth but still do their own gardening, farming and even bee keeping. They still loose family members through accidental deaths and they usually end up moving around, taking on new names. I don't think they even know how the whole process really works since it was passed down to them. They seem very wise, believe life after death, but I don't think they practice any guru type of mysticism. I do know they use wines and elixers from distillations of plants, minerals and metals, avoid ALL our food and water supply that contains the "poisons" they know cause all aging and disease. I was told they also meditate. Since they all have been related it may be family genetics but I was told it didn't work that way because those who didn't practice the tradition died old and usually of cancer!

I was afraid at first when I discovered their existence, kind of thought they'd kill me or something. I just know they shouldn't be identified and they seem friendly enough. They knew and liked my great grandparents and some other older family members. I probably shouldn't post this at all but I was so shocked by the discovery I had to come up with some sort of explaination about how they do it, it's facinating even though it's a really creepy alternate lifestyle.

I'm so intrigued and speculative on how it is achieved. I hope someone else has come into contact with people like them and we can share what we know!

Let me explain how I think it might work.

Let us consider the cycles within the universe of the human body. It is deliquate balanced system of cells, proteins, bateria and viruses continuously. There are the genetic timers and the wear and tear and aging due to limited cell divisions and damage at the time of cell divisions. Even if the chemical balance was right, the human body is naturally still in a state of eventual decay from its peek maturation. I think the researches who seek to "turn something off" are barking up the wrong tree because the natural less damaged cell divisions would still come to an end although delayed.

I believe this may be over come in different way! Along with a person of avoiding the so called free radicals by anti oxidents, something else has to be involved in the process. Cancer is a clue since it in itself behaves as an immortal type of cell. Imagine if normal beneficial cells could reproduce like cancer anywhere in the body without relying on certain specific stem cell functions. Cancer dells give chemical markers that cause the other normal cells which act as a group within a whole organ to die, more or less.

Our organs funtion mostly in specific groupings, they live,age, die and divide in certain types of groups originating from a specific type of stem cell. I tend to think the current cancer research being done will lead to a sustainable non degeneration in the genetic make up from the grouping of organs and normal cells by the way they live and die as a group! When certain diseases are present, normal cell type groups commit suicide more or less because of chemical signals. In cancer, even healthy cells eventually die, usually at the same time and the mutant cancers cells are the "vampires" that live on and reproduce from the blood supply. They are useless and dangerous cells to the organism as a whole.

When normal cells reproduce it's more or less the same mitosis time cycle within certain groups, so what if they were more like a plant? Some plants or even some creatures such as some jelly fish can regenerate cells without that cellular time bomb of the mitosis that includes a degeneration to the newly formed cells. They don't have our genetically limited stem cell funtioning which doesn't reproduce different types of cells individually where they are needed in an adult.

I speculate that somehow, maybe even through a specific virual effect the genetic abilities of a plant cell function incorporates into the animal genome and becomes a new biological functioning system that sustains youthful regeneration and immunity. It actually becomes part animal and plant on a cellular level. I think it would be a certain beneficial mix of flages and bacteria within the human body just like good enzymes exist in the body or beneficial bateria existence in the bowels.

What do you think?

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

What do you think?

I think that you would enjoy reading and evaluating the books by Dr. Lipton.

http://www.brucelipton.com/

I myself follow specific guidelines for life extension and physical well being. In my view, everything starts with the mental outlook as it relates various belief systems.

Since you do know about those that have extended their lives, I say ask them instead of guessing what they have done to accomplish such a thing.

John

• Like 1

I myself follow specific guidelines for life extension and physical well being. In my view, everything starts with the mental outlook as it relates various belief systems.

Since you do know about those that have extended their lives, I say ask them instead of guessing what they have done to accomplish such a thing.

John

Thank you for the link he sounds like my kind of researcher :)

Spiritual meditation if developed can and does produce miracles even over a multitude of physical sins to your body and I think that effects any sort of treatment or life style.

These people live a very organic food life style, avoid mainstream antibiotics and vaccines, they use alkaline mineral water and distilled rain but their secret is they have several different distilled elixers of metals and plants used at different times. I'd imagine it would almost be like becoming Amish or a Hare Krishna to be accepted into their real family secret recipes! I hold a higher regard for the eternal soul body than the physical extension of my natural body.

The one guy told me they do not know how it works from a biological cellular point of view which is what really has me curious and I bet your Dr. Lipton would be too! But maybe they really do know. I hope to get more clues but they are seclusive and most people just consider them to be the local organic health nut family, not that they make their own "medicines". It was like pulling teeth just to find that out about them!

One of them advised me no matter what, do not drink the water even if its from a spring in the town here because it's very contaminated from the mines in the county and the additives in the public supply are even worse. He was a chemist for the filtration plant at one time. That's when he suggested to distill it or at least use a "pitcher of life" as a filter, you can get it on the internet and it was something Nasa helped develop, regular Calgon type filters won't help at all. He said the makers of the pitcher filter were on to how important the alkine and mineral balance in water was to health. But it still isn't as good as the methods they use! Being a city water person I use that filter now.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2012 at 8:00 PM, John from Lowell said:

John

Some of Bruce Lipton's latest research... http://in5d.com/bruce-lipton-how-our-thoughts-control-our-dna/   It adds to Sri Aurobindo's  research on Immortality... awareness and communicating with our cells.. http://kheper.net/topics/Aurobindo/Osho_on_Aurobindo.html ... can also rationalize the placebo and nocebo effects...

Edited by crystal sage
just adding info :)

14 hours ago, crystal sage said:

Some of Bruce Lipton's latest research... http://in5d.com/bruce-lipton-how-our-thoughts-control-our-dna/   It adds to Sri Aurobindo's  research on Immortality... awareness and communicating with our cells.. http://kheper.net/topics/Aurobindo/Osho_on_Aurobindo.html ... can also rationalize the placebo and nocebo effects...

Thank you for new links.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2012 at 4:21 AM, White Unicorn said:

There are the spiritual or transformed to energy like avatars but the other alchemical type of "immortals" really need to be considered seriously on this post!

First I'd point out that no physical body lasts not even stars. Universe was is created in cycles of birth life and death. It is because groups of galaxies are born or die at different times that it is immortal and lives on. All life either evolves or disintegrates because of time and it is a continuous process. I will say I have proved to myself some people have lived more or less with a middle age appearance for quite a long long time and discovered some major secrets! I believe the mystical guru types probably direct energy to control their bodies on a cellular level if they do exist. That certainly is not a feesable science for the masses wishing to have a conventual type of life in this world!

The other group practicing more along the old alchemy teachings is the one I have some clues about that most people would have an interest! I know some do exist and live a seclusive life style and it is especially hard for them in a day and age of IDs and their secret not being discovered. And yes they are the elite with accumulated wealth but still do their own gardening, farming and even bee keeping. They still loose family members through accidental deaths and they usually end up moving around, taking on new names. I don't think they even know how the whole process really works since it was passed down to them. They seem very wise, believe life after death, but I don't think they practice any guru type of mysticism. I do know they use wines and elixers from distillations of plants, minerals and metals, avoid ALL our food and water supply that contains the "poisons" they know cause all aging and disease. I was told they also meditate. Since they all have been related it may be family genetics but I was told it didn't work that way because those who didn't practice the tradition died old and usually of cancer!

I was afraid at first when I discovered their existence, kind of thought they'd kill me or something. I just know they shouldn't be identified and they seem friendly enough. They knew and liked my great grandparents and some other older family members. I probably shouldn't post this at all but I was so shocked by the discovery I had to come up with some sort of explaination about how they do it, it's facinating even though it's a really creepy alternate lifestyle.

I'm so intrigued and speculative on how it is achieved. I hope someone else has come into contact with people like them and we can share what we know!

Let me explain how I think it might work.

Let us consider the cycles within the universe of the human body. It is deliquate balanced system of cells, proteins, bateria and viruses continuously. There are the genetic timers and the wear and tear and aging due to limited cell divisions and damage at the time of cell divisions. Even if the chemical balance was right, the human body is naturally still in a state of eventual decay from its peek maturation. I think the researches who seek to "turn something off" are barking up the wrong tree because the natural less damaged cell divisions would still come to an end although delayed.

I believe this may be over come in different way! Along with a person of avoiding the so called free radicals by anti oxidents, something else has to be involved in the process. Cancer is a clue since it in itself behaves as an immortal type of cell. Imagine if normal beneficial cells could reproduce like cancer anywhere in the body without relying on certain specific stem cell functions. Cancer dells give chemical markers that cause the other normal cells which act as a group within a whole organ to die, more or less.

Our organs funtion mostly in specific groupings, they live,age, die and divide in certain types of groups originating from a specific type of stem cell. I tend to think the current cancer research being done will lead to a sustainable non degeneration in the genetic make up from the grouping of organs and normal cells by the way they live and die as a group! When certain diseases are present, normal cell type groups commit suicide more or less because of chemical signals. In cancer, even healthy cells eventually die, usually at the same time and the mutant cancers cells are the "vampires" that live on and reproduce from the blood supply. They are useless and dangerous cells to the organism as a whole.

When normal cells reproduce it's more or less the same mitosis time cycle within certain groups, so what if they were more like a plant? Some plants or even some creatures such as some jelly fish can regenerate cells without that cellular time bomb of the mitosis that includes a degeneration to the newly formed cells. They don't have our genetically limited stem cell funtioning which doesn't reproduce different types of cells individually where they are needed in an adult.

I speculate that somehow, maybe even through a specific virual effect the genetic abilities of a plant cell function incorporates into the animal genome and becomes a new biological functioning system that sustains youthful regeneration and immunity. It actually becomes part animal and plant on a cellular level. I think it would be a certain beneficial mix of flages and bacteria within the human body just like good enzymes exist in the body or beneficial bateria existence in the bowels.

What do you think?

What mental path did you take in life to believe in all these things? 

Consider your mind, do you think it is ready for immortality?  What would it be like to be an immortal 3 year old?  It might not be that great.  Think of how much you would become aware of that you did not understand or could not do.  Compared to the universe, adults would not be in that much better shape.  Likely we would encounter other civilizations eventually that would see us as a case of arrested development.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CelticBanshee said:

What mental path did you take in life to believe in all these things? 

Curiosity and lots of personal research when you discover something new. Ears open and mouth shout to learn more about most things. I've been blessed with a life that has taken me down many roads in my career and personal life with many types of people and discovered many strange things along the way.I communicate with other serious seekers of life's mysteries who challenge their own perceptions about different beliefs.

My personal mental path included meditation for higher consciousness all my life and seeking scientific views about how it works. My interests are biology, physics, astronomy, geology, anthropology, religious philosophy and myth, psychology and differently levels of awareness and how the can be brought to the normal consciousness level, and politics at times when I see it's effect on the future ofhumanity and the earth. I know  people working in the fields and discuss different  views on each subject, so that's my path to discovering more about my interests and try to make more  sense of the mysteries in life. 

On the subject,  I talked with 4 members of this fascinating family. Only one woman told me of how she meditatated for higher awareness and prayed by visualizations. She was the one that told me, once they feel they lived life to the fullest they would physically die willingly to go to a higher spiritual existence. 

The other men told me some about using different  elixers passed down to achieve middle age appearance and extended life beyond our norm. They marry others so some close friends and outsiders join the family like community if they want to live that way.

One guy studied chemistry for a living and said he did personal research about how the elixers might work since he wanted to know how the family's traditional alchemy formulas work. 

I consider myself very very lucky to have a few questions answered by these amazing people about how they live in society which is difficult for them when they get elderly but appear very healthy and a younger middle aged appearance.They have extended life spans but not true immortality. It is truly amazing some practices that are so old that even the ones who use them probably don't know how it works yet.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2012 at 3:58 AM, lone wolf2 said:

So what if your body lives. What about the mind? Wouldent it deterate over time?

Healthy body makes for healthy mind.

3 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

I consider myself very very lucky to have a few questions answered by these amazing people about how they live in society which is difficult for them when they get elderly but appear very healthy and a younger middle aged appearance.They have extended life spans but not true immortality. It is truly amazing some practices that are so old that even the ones who use them probably don't know how it works yet.

Hi,

Dr. Lipton was one of 3 at a conference recently with a focus on life extension. There was a 90 minute Q & A audio about it that may interest you.

http://www.kryon.com/cartprodimages/2016 downloads/download_panel-SLC_16.html

This kind of scientific research on these subjects are of great interest to me.

John

• Like 1

22 hours ago, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

Dr. Lipton was one of 3 at a conference recently with a focus on life extension. There was a 90 minute Q & A audio about it that may interest you.

http://www.kryon.com/cartprodimages/2016 downloads/download_panel-SLC_16.html

This kind of scientific research on these subjects are of great interest to me.

John

Thanks for the link, I think for most people the channelling stuff would too far into the land of woo to take him too seriously as a researcher. 

I keep an open mind because some of the brightest new ideas and view leads other researchers to sometimes be  inspired enough by a new view to research it too in their more skeptical ways. 

I can't remember the researcher's name right now and it's buried in my study notes. He is a NASA  astrophysis and biological researcher who studied the the flages bacteria viruses and how their genetics can change and integragrate in the human body organism to benefit life span and immunity or harm it.

It was my personal research on his work that I speculated these people I met had somehow found the something that he was looking for.  Being me I emailed the guy to let him know he was doing fantastic work and what I discovered meeting this family. Maybe he will research the bee connection as well.  I find most researchers are open to off beat clues when it fits into their studies. and is well presented. I think this is how we can further research by contacting more establishment researchers when we run across a new clue that they are researching or a new idea about it.

I also see cancer research discovering more of immune system and blocking signals to cancer cells. Even normal healthy cells commit group suicide from signals of cancer that is present. A plant or salamander can replicate limbs with new individualized cell groups but humans don't. They don't receive a chemical signal to block normal stem cells from grouping for regeneration and healing. But what if a human integrated with a virus to take on the benefits of regeneration ability of a plant on cellular levels. In my opinion that could cause health and life span to increase. 

Edited by White Unicorn
Spell check
  • Like 1

I see good things coming from research like that. We are moving in the right direction with many things. Nice to see you have that good outlook for life span increasing.

John

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John from Lowell said:

I see good things coming from research like that. We are moving in the right direction with many things. Nice to see you have that good outlook for life span increasing.

John

I'm glad some establiment researchers are so open minded. They seem to get their best ideas from intuition so they are open to others ideas and research too. In this guy's case he was a child prodogy, and his whole life became researching his flashes of intuitions. 

He will probably enter the land of woo researchers to find out how he received insights from no where.  Like others researchers I know he will probably not admit to it.

Edited by White Unicorn

Good lord, this is a ridiculous topic.  Immortality isn't possible, meditation has health benefits, sure, but our cells aren't sentient so we can't "communicate" with them.

Whatever magical stuff you want to believe is your business, but the laws of physics remain enforced.  Anecdotal stories tell us about people living hundreds of years, but evidence shows we're living the longest of any time in recorded history due to advancements in medical science.

Everything dies.  us, the planet, the galaxy, the universe, that jerk Craig in accounting.

cellular structures break down, including the cells in the brain, there is very little we can do against that.

Some day we may advance A.I. enough to copy the entire human brain, but even then it wouldn't be the person's brain.  It would simply be a program based off it. and the person would still die.  Humanity has looked for immortality since we first started scratching symbols in the dirt hoping it would make it rain.  But all things follow a similar path in the universe, and our compilations of atoms only holds itself together with the proper chemical reactions to allow life for a relatively short while.

There is no evidence of anything else.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:25 AM, White Unicorn said:

Thank you for new links.

I read your article... on immortality... I'm now thinking this differing DNA might have something to do with random viruses and bacteria from comets.. meteorites.. ( I just spent hours on this today answering another post) .. the thing that came to mind was the bacteria from Easter Island that is said to create longevity.. that would bond with the DNA.. it has been used as medicine Metformin for diabetes.. since then it has been found to minimize damage or oxidation of all organs.. Just saw a program on a BBC show called Catalyst.. it is said to increase lifespan by 30% .. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/secret-to-a-longer-life-lies-on-easter-island-1738055.html   interesting .. here it is considered http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25576058   :) this is the story I heard.. http://www.worldhealth.net/news/the_most_effective_and_under-appreciated/

Edited by crystal sage
  • Like 1