Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Few New Ghost Pictures

Nxt2Hvn

Here are a Few Impressive ghost pictures I came across ... with story lines...

user posted image

The Spirit Bear

from Sandra McLachlan

A couple of years ago at a small get together after my father-in-law's funeral, a friend gave this photo to me. Making the point, dad is in good company now; he is with the spirits. After his own father died two years earlier, he got out a box of old family photos. He remembers as a child this picture being the one that never turned out. However, as he now looked closer at the photo, he saw something no one had seen before. Maybe this picture wasn't the picture that never turned out, but the one that turned out better than anyone thought possible. The photo was taken back in the 1950s. The man in the center had been institutionalized here in Ontario. On this afternoon, his sisters came to visit and took him for a walk on the hospital grounds. The man had been admitted to the hospital as being delusional; he saw things: spirits, Vikings, Indians, animals. Apparently, he died there, everyone thinking him crazy. Have a good look to the left of the woman on the left. Was this man really delusional?

user posted image

Spook on the Stairs

from Mike Johnson

Here are some pictures taken recently at a house I worked in. It's a very old 4-story place that dates back to the 1850s. The woman who owns the house wouldn't give her pics, but she did let us take pics of the pics... that's what I've sent to you. I think they are the neatest thing I've ever seen.

user posted image

The Misty Skull

from Jon Fernandez

This last Halloween I took this picture of my front yard, made up for the occasion. I do not smoke nor was there a barbecue anywhere. I can attest that there was nothing like that in my viewfinder. The freakiest part, however, you can't see in this scan - there appears to be a human eye in the left eye socket of that "scream" mask. I draped that mask over a black balloon; there was no eye there. My wife told me this place was haunted when we moved in.

user posted image

Cemetery Ghost Hand

from James Coieri

I took this picture of my daughter at forest lawn cemetery. You tell me what is in the picture?

• To me, it looks like the fingers of a giant hand! - S.W.

Does Anyone Have anymore they can share?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cufflink

• Thistle

• Vera Ikon

• Bright Eyes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was the "Cemetery Ghost Hand" picture taken in Forest Lawn, Buffalo NY? If so, then I can say I've heard stories about it being haunted. I've been to Forest lawn on numerous occasions because my dad's from Buffalo. It's a very popular place for walks and wedding photos, but it's a huge cemetery with lots of ornate, creepy tombs.

Was the "Cemetery Ghost Hand" picture taken in Forest Lawn, Buffalo NY?

I'm not sure ... but possibly.

I copied these off of another site. Have you ever heard of any other paranormal sightings there?

Those are great pictures, Nxt2Hvn. grin2.gif

The one with the bear is incredible...I tend to trust the older pictures more, because it was harder to achieve a good fake.

The swirls around the stairs look good, too.

Can't see the hand in the graveyard, but there does appear to be something.

Those were great pictures. I agree with cufflink and it being harder to fake old pictures. New pictures can be so easily faked(im in photography i know) so its hard to trust them all. thumbsup.gif

The spook on the stairs first struck me as being some sort of film problem, a light leak or something.

I tend to agree the older photos tend to be harder to fake, but u just have to look out for things like double exposures. Mind you that famous b&w faires picture take by two english school girls had people fooled for years until one of the girls admited it was a fake.

OK, it's obviously just me but......... I can't see a darn bear in the first pic, I can see where's it's supposed to be but just can't make it into a bear no matter how hard I try. Is it standing up? on all fours? Like I said, I probably just need my eyes tested but this is really bugging me now lol

huh.gif

Still great pics though thumbsup.gif

OK, it's obviously just me but......... I can't see a darn bear in the first pic, I can see where's it's supposed to be but just can't make it into a bear no matter how hard I try. Is it standing up? on all fours? Like I said, I probably just need my eyes tested but this is really bugging me now lol

aaawwwww....poor Thistle. I'll see if I can outline it, for you, hen. tongue.gif

My parents have a book on the history of Forest Lawn in Buffalo, NY. I'll have to look at it this weekend to see if there are any hauntings mentioned in it. There is a children's section in the cemetery...Ohter than that, I've just heard talk from my family members over the years that there are some haunted locations in Forest Lawn. I know one specific story about a family whose adult son died and they buried him in an extremely ornate tomb, with statues of themselves done in marble. The tomb is so ornate and detailed it's known to locals as "the candy dish". Years ago, a member of my family (my aunt, I think) told me that the tomb was haunted. Chances are this story came about because of the son's untimely death and the family's prominance in the community. But I don't know about any stories except for that one. Actually, that story alone has been enough to keep me on my toes whenever we visit Forest Lawn!

There we are...

Kisses gratefully accepted. wink2.gif

And willingly bestowed upon a gallant gentleman like yourself

kiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gif

Thanks Cuff, it's really obvious now that it's bn pointed out lol rolleyes.gif

Okay, here's a link that has a lot of pictures from haunted sites around Buffalo: http://www.paranormalghostsociety.org. They have pics from Forest Lawn, an old train depot, and the old insane asylum. The asylum hasn't been abandoned for too long, and I suspect that teenagers and homeless people still use it. However, one of my aunts (married to my dad's brother) has a mentally handicapped sister who was kept in the asylum for many years. My aunt says it was a horrible place. I'm sure she'd agree that it could be haunted.

And willingly bestowed upon a gallant gentleman like yourself

kiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gifkiss.gif

*sighs* wub.gif

I shan't wash those bits of my monitor screen again. grin2.gif

However, one of my aunts (married to my dad's brother) has a mentally handicapped sister who was kept in the asylum for many years.  My aunt says it was a horrible place.  I'm sure she'd agree that it could be haunted.

I reckon you're right, Vera. All that anguish and torment.

There's a radio station in Manchester (I won't name it). They had a problem back in the eighties with a ghost roaming the corridors. A medium was called in, and they discovered that the station was built on the site of an asylum.

Apparently, the ghost was an old lady, but she was a former patient who still believed she was a little girl. How creepy is that?

Creepy fact number 2: Manchester's Picadilly Gardens are built over...a plague pit. I kid you not. crying.gif

I've found from personal experience that some ghosts are not a bit camera shy!

When I was in school a group of us had our photo taken round a friend's house and when it was developed there was clearly a face at the edge of the couch! Needless to say it freaked us all out, especially me as I was right next to it!

huh.gifohmy.gifw00t.gif

Wish I did! I'll have to ask my friend who's house it was whether she still has it! From now on though I study all my photos as you never know!