Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stick Indian

Gatofeo

Quite an interesting being indeed. Curiously enough, in Venezuela there are legends of a similar being named "El Silbón", which is spanish for " The Whistler". He is said to be the ghost of a teenage boy who killed his dad and was cursed to roam the earth after death as a tall, lanky undead humanoid who carries his dad's bones in a bag. He earns his name because of his whistle, the nearer you hear it, the farthest he is. But if it sounds very far away, it means he is near, and you better get safe, or else he will kill you and add your bones to his collection.

As you can see, both beings are somewhat similar, being tall, slender humanoids who whistle. But from what i've read, the stick people are already mythical in nature and benevolent, while El Silbón was once a man and is quite malevolent instead.

I find it curious and interesting that by some accounts(elders) if you trot down that ravine and around that big tree that THAT! little stick person/stick people is breathtakingly huge, thick like a walking BEEF ! and big black eyes penetrating down at you seemingly right into your thumping little heart.

Edited by MWoo7

• 3 weeks later...

Standard bogeyman stories from around the world. Every culture has them, used to scare their children into obedience.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2017 at 7:22 AM, felipe said:

i live near the yakama indian reservation and it is a well known "legend" among the Yakama people. it is almost taboo to even talk about it. It would be nice if that could be investigated with depth to hear some of the stories about it.

I live on the yakama Indian reservation stick man it is a bad omen. He lives in the Forrest around the goat rocks wilderness on reservation lands. Many places that we're logged in that area the  yakama natives refused to go. If you see one it is a death message. That you will die tragically soon.

• 1 year later...

The legends and myths of the native people's are dying.  There have been many stories passed down through the years at family gatherings and powwows. If you are ever lucky enough to hear an elder speack such stories know that that is to be humble

On 8/12/2018 at 3:40 AM, Rachel Jones said:

The legends and myths of the native people's are dying. 

Who told you this?

Because my tribe's legends are just fine.......

• Like 1

The Hopi have an interesting legend about the ant people.

• Thanks 1