Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do UFO's exist in the history of arts ?

UM-Bot

user posted image rThe desire to communicate is inherent in the man. It is a part of his own nature. Since the first graffito to the Renaissance, since the Baroque to the Impressionism, Art has been and it is the first form of communication, base of our civilization. Only with this Muse is possible to express totally our reality in a spontaneous way.It is almost unbelievable as by artworks or signs gushed from an hand one can know enough thoroughly aspect of cultural, social and political situation of the environment surrounding the artist. Actually Art can be considered as a book of history, culture and science telling the man in many of his aspects in a more complete form than an unique branch of knowledge. Since the beginning of man, humans have always felt a need to reproduce celestial events, first on the wall of caves, and then on canvas.

It is not a case that sometimes History, Arts, Archaeology and Anthropology have been often rewritten on occasion in light of new elements whose existence no one had previously suspected.From the past we receive strange signals of interference in our life and in our culture. Strange flying objects depicted in ancient works of art raise disturbing questions about our history and the role of man in the Universe.

IPB Image\ View: Full Article | Source: American Chronicle

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bella-Angelique

• luminousphoenix

• Harte

• sugardady11203

I think some of them quite clearly are renditions of flying machines. It is the only logical conclusion. All that that is left to debate about them would be whether they were machines actually seen or whether they were the Sci-fi imaginings of the artist.

I think they were seen, but then I am not an expert on literature of the period. If there were any evidence of Sci-fi in their literature, I would be open to swing the other way.

It's obvious what these artists are telling us in these paintings, that the ufo reality did not start during the 21st century but through out earths history .There has bin alot of evidence to this all over the world, nothing new to the experts of ufology.

Strange flying objects depicted in ancient works of art raise disturbing questions about our history and the role of man in the Universe.

This argument might be better made were you to include ancient artwork. The art depicted in the article is well known, relatively modern and well understood, regardless of what the writer of that article is trying to imply.

The fact that you and I might not be all that well-versed in the esoterics of art history doesn't mean that the art that we don't understand is not understood by other, more educated, people that do possess this art history knowledge.

Here's a link to an excellent explanation to several of these artworks:

UFOs in Art

That is a thread at another forum. The poster's source is here:

http://sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm

Harte

Very interesting! Makes me wonder if the drawings were just an artistic form of something celestial, like stars or comets, or if they were actually something more.. ???

It just doesn't make sense to have something odd like that in a rendering of something that is drawn to look more realistic than abstract.

i would have to go with the trained art historians on this one . it's unlikely that depictions in the arts are UFO's .

i remember seeing a professor in mexico that was translating some carvings i can't remember if they were aztec , or inca. but some of them looked like people flying on jets-rockets or ufo's . they even had their hands in the places where the joysticks and throttles would likely be.

but in her translation the placement of the hand's was communicating the status of the great chieftain . can't seem to recall the whole story . it was on PBS years ago . but she didn't see any UFO's there . but the carvings have popped up in several books and tv shows as ancient UFO's and visitations from ET's in the distant past .

i think it's possible that a UFO encounter may have happened in the ancient world but what i'm seeing in ancient art isn't in sync with "ancient astronauts" most of the time . there might be some somewhere that have UFO's on them. but the artwork widely published as having UFO's is questionable to say the least.

If a dove is used as a symbol of peace or the divine in art, it does not mean that such a thing as a dove never existed and was never seen.

What would they call a UFO in old history in which they had nothing but but falling stars, bright clouds, the sun, the moon, rainbows, and bright colored birds in the sky to compare it to as another sky object?

Of course other words and terms and explanations other than UFOs and aliens were used to explain what was seen. That is common sense. So for an art historian to explain that the object is a bird or mystical heavenly design that meant something to the artist does not mean it was not extraterrestrial in origin, just that this is the explanation for it that was passed down from the original primitive observers along with the description of appearence.

This argument might be better made were you to include ancient artwork. The art depicted in the article is well known, relatively modern and well understood, regardless of what the writer of that article is trying to imply.

The fact that you and I might not be all that well-versed in the esoterics of art history doesn't mean that the art that we don't understand is not understood by other, more educated, people that do possess this art history knowledge.

Here's a link to an excellent explanation to several of these artworks:

UFOs in Art

http://sprezzatura.it/Arte/Arte_UFO_eng.htm

Harte

wow it makes me wonder if the anciant people acually made contact.

The links held a lot of information. Will make me look closer at these paintings in the future.