Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Demon

dancin'hamster

Cuffy ~ I don't know if the creature in this story is similar to the one witnessed by your sister, but I'm posting it so that you can let her know she isn't alone in her sighting.

'My story begins during the year 1982 or 1983, when I was in my late twenties. My husband, daughter and I were living in an old two story house which my husband was remodeling in southwest Ohio. I never liked the house in the first place and always felt like it was 'cold'. During the winter, before we moved into it, I would sometimes send my little 3 year old daughter outside to play on the porch, because it seemed to me (and to her) that it was actually warmer outside!

At the time of my experience, I was permanently assigned to the midnight shift at my place of employment, and had to sleep during the day. I preferred to sleep in the bedroom with the window completely covered with cardboard, aluminum foil, and heavy drapes so that absolutely no light could enter the room.

It was so dark with the bedroom door closed, it was impossible to see your hand in front of your face. That is the way I slept in that bedroom for a long time -- until what happened one bright sunshiney day. I remember that I had gone to bed as usual, in a happy frame of mind, with nothing bothering me. Looking back, I realize that no noise woke me up. Instead a persistent urging to "Wake up! Wake up, NOW!!" caused me to sit bolt upright instantly, no easing awake. I believe it was my guardian angel protecting me.

My heart was thundering almost out of my chest with a powerful sense of fear, and I screamed as loud as I have ever screamed in my life. I can't explain how, but I KNEW that something was trying to hurt me or, strange as it is to say, to suck the life out of me! As I sat up, something was hovering above my face.

Although there was no light to see by, I saw something brownish/grey and hideous. It was approximately human shaped but I think that it didn't want me to see its face, because it bent its head down and swept large leathery wings up over its shoulders, sort of wrapping itself up, and shot backwards into the right corner of the bedroom, into infinity, in a split second.

It did not glow, but I saw it. I leaped from the bed and fumbled for the bedroom door handle in a panic. When I opened the door, the room was filled with beautiful golden sunlight, and I ran into the hall, shivering with fright. My heart was still beating extremely fast, and I could barely breathe. I believe what I saw was a demon, but nobody can corroborate my story.

From that day to this, I have never been able to sleep without a night light. I believe that God is light, and darkness is the abode of evil, and if this thing was a demon, then it explains my instinctive feeling that it was evil. '

blink.gif

eeeeeeekkkkkk..........

Hammy x x x

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancin'hamster

• Cufflink

• kreestar

• thefirstman

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey!!!!!!!!! scared.gifscared.gifscared.gifscared.gif

Thanks, Hams....I think. crying.gif

The description is the same. And my sister saw it in the gloom.

Did I mention that I have never slept in total darkness since that house? dontgetit.gif

Great...My first night completely alone in this huge house, and I read this story.

Needless to say, I think I'll be sleeping with the lights on crying.gif

Have you shown your sister this thread?

Has it helped her in any way?

I think it was a just a little 'trick' that these energies pull....... a way of creating more fear and negative energy to feed off.....

Hammy x x x

I think it was a just a little 'trick' that these energies pull....... a way of creating more fear and negative energy to feed off.....

Hadn't thought of that. huh.gif

Crafty devils. Geddit? Craf-.....never mind. tongue.gif

And I shall show it to sis. Thanks Hams.

Crafty devils. Geddit? Craf-.....never mind. tongue.gif

Go.........go now...........before you get the kicking you so richly deserve grin2.gif

Anyhoo..........anyone got any better ideas?

Teddy..? Teddy.....?

Dammit......where's Teddy when you need an explaination sad.gif

Sounds like a classic case of Sleep Paralysis

Teddy. xx

*sigh*

aahhhhhh Teddy......the voice of reason in a mad, mad world......... wub.gif

aahhhhhh Teddy......the voice of reason in a mad, mad world......... wub.gif

Of course, if I'd said that... rolleyes.gif

aahhhhhh Teddy......the voice of reason in a mad, mad world.........  wub.gif

Of course, if I'd said that... rolleyes.gif

LMAO !!!!!!!!!

Well you wouldn't have said that !

*scampers off clutching Teddy*

tongue.gif

Have you ever been scared in that room before???i read an article in a book which says that if you fear sumthing or a certain object sooo much,it can manifest and actually become wot you fear,say like someone in the corner of your room.you may have been terrified to look at the corner one year.and the next year there is actually summit standing there.a manifestation of fears,but this hasn't been thouroughly explored as far as i know,just a suggestion.it was scary to read anyways crying.gif