Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aswang in flight?

ArtemisArcheress

Hey everyone!

Was doing my monthly scout round the ghost study website and found their latest pictures.

I came across this picture of a supposed mythological "aswang" in the Philippines.

Im not entirely sure what i think of it. It looks pretty defined and clear, and kinda scary too! Doesnt look photoshopped...

Just thought id share my find with you all! ^_^

http://ghoststudy.com/new9/parapicsnov.html

Description on the site is:

Marc writes, "Here in the Philippines people respect the belief about the supernatural, we do have lots of paranormal experiences here in the outsourcing industry - every building in three cities is haunted. Here in our building alone, the whole structure and every floor acts as a "psychokinetic magnet." These are shots taken in one of our northern provinces. They say its an "aswang" in flight (its the half-body torso with wings in our Philippine folklore)."

IPB Image\

The close up:

IPB Image\

xxx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Urisk

• ~Onyx~

• capoeiranger

• Please Explain

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah.

How do you know, Shadow Wolf?

Total and utter rubbish Photoshop. NEXT!

Hey everyone!

Was doing my monthly scout round the ghost study website and found their latest pictures.

I came across this picture of a supposed mythological "aswang" in the Philippines.

Im not entirely sure what i think of it. It looks pretty defined and clear, and kinda scary too! Doesnt look photoshopped...

Marc writes, "Here in the Philippines people respect the belief about the supernatural, we do have lots of paranormal experiences here in the outsourcing industry - every building in three cities is haunted. Here in our building alone, the whole structure and every floor acts as a "psychokinetic magnet." These are shots taken in one of our northern provinces. They say its an "aswang" in flight (its the half-body torso with wings in our Philippine folklore)."

IPB Image\

The close up:

IPB Image\

xxx

Hoax? It just looks like a big fruit bat with a white belly to me. I believe fruit bats are quite common in the Phillipines.

But on the same website is a classic example of a "fake" demon/dragon like creature that was made out of a very real stingray. It was offered on ebay. These were bought by sailors on their travels for centuries, and then sold to churches as proof of real demons and dragons and such.

Hoax? It just looks like a big fruit bat with a white belly to me. I believe fruit bats are quite common in the Phillipines.

But on the same website is a classic example of a "fake" demon/dragon like creature that was made out of a very real stingray. It was offered on ebay. These were bought by sailors on their travels for centuries, and then sold to churches as proof of real demons and dragons and such.

You mean the so-called "Jenny Hanivers"?

IPB Image\

Ugly, no?

An aswang?

I doubt it. The Awang is a paranormal creature. A shape-shifting vampire/demon type beastie.

It could be a kite of some sort. My best guess, however, is photoshop.

It does look like a bat, but it appears to have arms.

It does look like a bat, but it appears to have arms.

Yeah, I just noticed that.

Verdict: Photoshopped fruit bat wearing a white T-shirt.

:P

Photoshopped :tu:

or the splicing of a photo with a scene from Jason and the Argonauts.

or like I said above...

IPB Image\

Check it out.

Edited by Roadkill Demon

• 1 month later...
Hey everyone!

linked-image

The close up:

linked-image

Aswang (modify photo)

post-47854-1167553771_thumb.jpg

post-47854-1167553801_thumb.jpg

This modify photo - color correction in Photoshop

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photoshop, very well done photoshop, but still photoshop.

I guess you won't see flying "Aswangs" in daylight.

How would you capture a photo even at night time?

the only thing i have to say is "wow", and thats the funniest name ive ever heard for a cryptid. "aswang" lol.

:)

the only thing i have to say is "wow", and thats the funniest name ive ever heard for a cryptid. "aswang" lol.

:)

Puts you in mind of the pop-reggae band "Aswad".

It looks like a Ray Harryhausen stop frame model.

yeah, the harpies from Jason and the Argonauts. Check the first page- I posted a piccie of one of them. I think it could be one of them spliced onto a landscape pic.