Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

13-year-old shoots 2 does with one shot

girty1600

Teen bags 2 deer with single bullet

Associated Press

Nov. 26, 2006 06:29 PM

STEVENS POINT, Wis. — Unless there was a secret shooter on a grassy knoll, 13-year-old Ryan Roman took down two deer with a single remarkable bullet.

The second-year hunter, who didn't bag a deer in his first season last year, apparently shot one doe through the heart with a bullet that struck a second doe in the neck.

Roman was sleeping as he and his father, Tim Roman, sat in a tree stand in Wood County on Nov. 18.

He awoke when he heard a shot nearby from his grandfather's gun and saw two does standing back-to-back near his tree.

“I told him to grab the gun and line up,” said Tim Roman. Ryan took aim at the larger doe with a Remington 243 rifle and fired.

The smaller doe dropped and the larger one ran about 40 yards before collapsing, Ryan said.

“He looked to me right away for a high five,” his father said.

He investigated the kills with his father and his grandfather, Fred Feltz. The group said the bullet apparently passed through the heart of the first deer and continued into the neck of the second one.

Ryan said most of his peers at Ben Franklin Junior High were excited for him when they heard the news.

“One of my friends didn't believe me,” he said.

Ryan said he is anxious for the meat to be processed so he can enjoy plenty of venison jerky.

two birds deer with one stone bullet

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• girty1600

• __Kratos__

• mystery dude

• Saint

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good job indeed! anyone know if some one ever took down three deers with one bullet?

Not cool, bro, not cool.

Yea those poor people getting shelled for no reason at all.

This happened maybe 45 minutes from where I hunt. <_< Bloody kid! :P *jealous*

Edited by __Kratos__