Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A debate on Indigo children

UM-Bot

user posted image rLittle Kai looks and talks like any other 3-year-old. "I like to play chicken games and another game about tigers," he said. But his mother, Lon Bloomfield, says he has supernatural gifts ... and remembers past lives."Maybe about a year ago, he told me, 'Remember Mom, when I was your dad?'" Lon said.Do you know a child like this?Smart, intuitive, sensitive, strong-willed, and full of energy, they're often called "Indigo children" -- a popular label for kids who are especially gifted. Many psychologists and parents believe these children have psychic powers and are more evolved. Shannon Parsons says her four kids are also Indigos. "They're always talking about when they were in heaven and what they knew and who they knew," she said.Her 7-year-old son Chandler frequently talks to an imaginary friend he says he met in heaven ... "We talk about everything in the world," Chandler added, "[like] what he did on his vacation."

Parapsychologist Nancy Ann Tappe was the first to describe these children more than 20 years ago. She says they're called Indigo because of the dark blue aura that surrounds them. And she believes Indigos are more evolved than past generations."They're straight-talkers," Tappe, formerly of San Diego State University and currently represented by Spelling Publishers, explained. "They don't want to be talked down to. They'll catch you at three if you do."

IPB Image\ View: Full Article | Source: News 14 Carolina

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GrayTone

• Bella-Angelique

• Princess Serenity

• WarriorSpirit23

Oh please, I'm so sick of hearing about this its such crap. "Indigo Children" what a crock.

So let me get this straight -If a child has authority issues and a short attention span, they're magical children and not just ADD fflicted right?

Parents oh SOOOOo desperate for little Sky or little Gaia (really should be called little Mommytooktoomuchacidinthe70s) to be special somehow -what the hell happened to piano lessons?

Your kids have problems, help them!

I remember having an imaginary friend when i was 4 or 5 -Cookie and her imaginary dog Cracker- I'm SO ANGRY that my parents helped me dispell my friend from the other side and made me get into music lessons and art lessons and made me read books! DAMN YOUUUUUUU!!!!!

Up until I was about 3 or 4 I was always talking about my "other mom and dad", according to a young me they lived in heaven. I have no memory of saying any of this, but I've been told the stories

little Sky or little Gaia (really should be called little Mommytooktoomuchacidinthe70s)

IPB Image\

I really don't see how naming you're children something unique deserves a laugh

Look what the laugh is about, and you'll find it's not just about the naming. And I have to admit, the sentence made me chuckle as well :P

As for indigo children... I don't know. Imagination, an obsession to have a special child, evolution?

Whatever it is, either gift or curse, those children need good guidance.

Look what the laugh is about

It is the whole Indigo fixation, yes, and so typical of them to brand their kids that way for everyone to know. Those parents are in my age group and now many of the "gifted" ones are not doing so well or resent their parents for what they did to them even though they are successful accademically.

It was the whole parents trying to live through the kids routine but with a new twist from the old super athelete or beauty queen ones that have always prevailed so much.

I really don't see how naming you're children something unique deserves a laugh

Because it is silly. Parents feeling a need to give their children special names.

:lol: How is being different silly, I say givin' your kid a name that a million other kids have is silly Edited by 420_toker

Obviously none of you have ever met anyone fitting the discription or you would know immediately that they are different.

Haven't you ever come across a young person and thought to yourself that they are wise beyond their years or might be an old soul?

As I said on the other thread, this subject of discussion is a matter of view. Though an old soul in full is a debatable, seeing as how whether a 'soul' is just that or something anyplace above is a conundrum yet to be cracked, unbounded, and dislodged. Anyway..... allow this to hint to something less abrasive that we could dole out.

Do you really feel 'authority issues' and 'short attention span' is not something that flares up in everyone's lives and that pangs anyone with that range of emotion? This hints to the fact that said descriptions aren't really accurate or proof to one that may be termed as 'Indigo', but as you've said yourselves, it's a fracas. All I'm saying is that the 'matter of view' take which I feel (keyword accentuation) is one we all can be in agreeance with. I mean, it's quite limpid, to me, that the wisdom (and perhaps conceit) filling the boy's (at issue) eyes in the image residing SaRuMaN's post. Again, this is the way I perceive the such, no less.

An Indigo is a debatable. It's really not a length away from Zodiac Signs or Chinese Astrology. Sure they're rather fun to ponder on many a thought, but do I feel like a Fire/Earth Sagittarius Dragon (with Aries/Aquarius moon and rising signs respectively) one time too many without bringing down the corners of my mouth at select times, based off of how every portion I've read on the matter details just that out? Not necessarily. By my own admission (and that's by my view), they may be no place close to true. I've seen 'Rabits' who act like 'Dragons' at sheer whim. So yes, I'd have to say inevitably that Indigos are a debatable (and that I've seen others wield and display the same Indigo, fervid, and fierce auras who are supposedly not Indigos) as is everything indubitably a matter of perception (and 'indubitably' being a debatable in itself)... but perhaps a less vehement and acrid tone could be taken?

Edited by Wester547

Oh please, I'm so sick of hearing about this its such crap. "Indigo Children" what a crock.

So let me get this straight -If a child has authority issues and a short attention span, they're magical children and not just ADD fflicted right?

Parents oh SOOOOo desperate for little Sky or little Gaia (really should be called little Mommytooktoomuchacidinthe70s) to be special somehow -what the hell happened to piano lessons?

Your kids have problems, help them!

I remember having an imaginary friend when i was 4 or 5 -Cookie and her imaginary dog Cracker- I'm SO ANGRY that my parents helped me dispell my friend from the other side and made me get into music lessons and art lessons and made me read books! DAMN YOUUUUUUU!!!!!

Then stop reading stuff about them. Or that ignore it.

I read some of it. But that's odd though. The kids' his mother's father? O_o

I saw a kid band play on the Conan o Brian show and they were singing a unique kind of music and were dancing in ways that hasen't been done yet. You got a vibe of eternal youthfulness from them. I know it sounds strange but maybe thats were the next and then the next generations of children are headed. More refinement and more life. Imagine the brilliance of children a thousand years from now if Earth survives.

• 4 months later...
As I said on the other thread, this subject of discussion is a matter of view. Though an old soul in full is a debatable, seeing as how whether a 'soul' is just that or something anyplace above is a conundrum yet to be cracked, unbounded, and dislodged. Anyway..... allow this to hint to something less abrasive that we could dole out.

Do you really feel 'authority issues' and 'short attention span' is not something that flares up in everyone's lives and that pangs anyone with that range of emotion? This hints to the fact that said descriptions aren't really accurate or proof to one that may be termed as 'Indigo', but as you've said yourselves, it's a fracas. All I'm saying is that the 'matter of view' take which I feel (keyword accentuation) is one we all can be in agreeance with. I mean, it's quite limpid, to me, that the wisdom (and perhaps conceit) filling the boy's (at issue) eyes in the image residing SaRuMaN's post. Again, this is the way I perceive the such, no less.

An Indigo is a debatable. It's really not a length away from Zodiac Signs or Chinese Astrology. Sure they're rather fun to ponder on many a thought, but do I feel like a Fire/Earth Sagittarius Dragon (with Aries/Aquarius moon and rising signs respectively) one time too many without bringing down the corners of my mouth at select times, based off of how every portion I've read on the matter details just that out? Not necessarily. By my own admission (and that's by my view), they may be no place close to true. I've seen 'Rabits' who act like 'Dragons' at sheer whim. So yes, I'd have to say inevitably that Indigos are a debatable (and that I've seen others wield and display the same Indigo, fervid, and fierce auras who are supposedly not Indigos) as is everything indubitably a matter of perception (and 'indubitably' being a debatable in itself)... but perhaps a less vehement and acrid tone could be taken?

I read some of it. But that's odd though. The kids' his mother's father? O_o

Not that odd, in some areas. In certain parts of Appalachia, I'm sure you could find a few hillbillies that could make a legitimate claim to be their "own Grampas." :rolleyes:

Harte

Not that odd, in some areas. In certain parts of Appalachia, I'm sure you could find a few hillbillies that could make a legitimate claim to be their "own Grampas." :rolleyes:

Harte

Okay. O_o'

• 1 month later...

I believe, intuitively, that Indigo Children are real. The possibility of these children goes along with my belief that humans are evolving (well, some of us). I just think that many parents may use this as an excuse to not disipline their unruly children, thinking, "Oh, yes! My little Joey/Jill is an INDIGO child!". Elyn

• 2 months later...

Many, MANY I see do not believe.

I have been classified as an Indigo Child. Yet guess what, my parents do not treat me special, do not care really.

Being Indigo is not to seperate us from Society, but to integrate ourselves into Society with Missions that we will teach not only Society, but ourselves.

Values, Understanding, Intuition are all there to help; help learn, help grow, and to help everyone in general.

I have never been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or anything of that sort... yet I am still an Indigo. I have never suffered abuse nor have I lost any parents, so there you have it.

You may not believe, or you may, but I am not trying to make you believe. I am simply here for understanding purposes. Whether you believe or not, however, will affect you in some way or another and will definately wax/wane your understanding of things and the Cosmic.

-- We are called Indigos because our auras are Indigo, and most of us have very, very bright blue eyes, love the colour blue, and usually find patterns and sequences as well as "rituals" in daily life or when a Crystal/Indigo/Crystal Indigo interact.

On a Side Note, I do believe in phony "Indigo Children" that parents want their children to look special instead of having ADHD or ADD. But I'm not saying that children Classified with ADHD or ADD aren't Indigoes, just some parents are.... thirsty for wealth or fame in one way or another.

Thank you, Elyn, and anyone who has doubts, you can PM or Email me and I'll see what I can do to try and prove it to you.

Many, MANY I see do not believe.

I have been classified as an Indigo Child. Yet guess what, my parents do not treat me special, do not care really.

Being Indigo is not to seperate us from Society, but to integrate ourselves into Society with Missions that we will teach not only Society, but ourselves.

Values, Understanding, Intuition are all there to help; help learn, help grow, and to help everyone in general.

I have never been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, or anything of that sort... yet I am still an Indigo. I have never suffered abuse nor have I lost any parents, so there you have it.

You may not believe, or you may, but I am not trying to make you believe. I am simply here for understanding purposes. Whether you believe or not, however, will affect you in some way or another and will definately wax/wane your understanding of things and the Cosmic.

-- We are called Indigos because our auras are Indigo, and most of us have very, very bright blue eyes, love the colour blue, and usually find patterns and sequences as well as "rituals" in daily life or when a Crystal/Indigo/Crystal Indigo interact.

On a Side Note, I do believe in phony "Indigo Children" that parents want their children to look special instead of having ADHD or ADD. But I'm not saying that children Classified with ADHD or ADD aren't Indigoes, just some parents are.... thirsty for wealth or fame in one way or another.

Thank you, Elyn, and anyone who has doubts, you can PM or Email me and I'll see what I can do to try and prove it to you.

I have very,verybright blue eyes, ADD and am EXTREMELY intuitive and creative. Auntie claims i have a light blue aura.

But do I believe in Indigos ? No way !

I see less creativity and even intelligence today then in the past. (too much TV ?)

Kids just may seem more mature because they are rushed these days to grow up too fast.

And the "blue eye thingy" sounds like the "racist" card is being played-don't you think ?

Edited by momentarylapseofreason

If we are talking about spiritually advanced souls, how the hell could the colour of the eyes make the difference. IMO it doesn't, someone may have brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes, grey, pink, red, yellow or black...... any one of these could be spiritually advanced, it is not down to one colour of the eyes

Auras are not one colour either, but an assortment and the colours will change according to how a person is feeling and what they are getting up to, no aura would remain one colour for a lifetime with no change.

I did read somewhere that "Indigo children" hate authority and have no fear - wow, perhaps the pests around my way who spray-paint the outside of people's houses and stick their two fingers up at passers-by are Indigo children eh, perhaps we should all cut them some slack and give them a biscuit.

If anyone thinks they are an Indigo person, watch you have not been lead astray, you could end up being lost.

• 4 weeks later...
Hoax creations like indigo children are just stuff made up by new age con artists to fleece you out of money.

New age con artist trying to fleece you out of money? Psychiatrist!

ADD is the hoax.

Edited by mindreader

• 1 year later...

I may be an Indigo Child im 18, but thank the great One that we have children worth living for, thank the beings of God and all his greatness, you've finally come.

i love so called indigo beings, i love them, i love them, they will be the ones to show me the way to my enlightened self as i should be, as i grow i realize my purpose in this life.

if you read the bible at some point Jesus went through a similar thing also except there was one of Jesus himself, they called him names spit on him, assaulted him, told lies about him, well just think the labeling of these beings in human form its outragious, were repeating all over again, humans don't learn at all, some do, just not alot. what we need to do is give these children praise to and acknowledge them, with open arms with out scrutiny, you should do things like that, you will reap your evil deeds as humans, and you will suffer, and you will come back much worser then you are, you should look at these beings as a savior of the spirit trying to awaken us all, because you'll ****ed. just to tell you the truth i think of humans as wild animals who run around naked humping over dogs every anal they see, and not know what your humping. i probably came back to care for humans more because ill tell you i have no compassion for guilt trips or ignorant people, or people who think less of themselves and who are not willing to learn or seek the truth, and people who are so caught up in this society and who are in politics.,,,,,,so don't come crying to me, im not the one. i except strong willed spirits who want to learn and who have a purpose in life and know it, and seek betterment like me, and who feel deserving to be here, and people with great talent. i seek to care and help those people that spirits needed to be left that have great potiental, and who think highly of themselves, i am special and i will portray that in myself, if your not oh well, we don't evolve together.

Obviously none of you have ever met anyone fitting the discription or you would know immediately that they are different.

Haven't you ever come across a young person and thought to yourself that they are wise beyond their years or might be an old soul?

I believe in him and he is very much real, he has shown me things most magnificent, and as help me grow and find my way, hes has really guided me not physically but mentally driven.

you are completely right.

• 2 years later...