Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unknown Bug

Socol

Me and my friend (I will call him Bob) were at a park in the Pacific Northwest about 6 years ago and when we were walking around on a sunny/warm day we saw an odd bug flying by we stood mesmerized for a few seconds dumbfound. As

it flew up one foot away from are faces we just ran away freaked out so to speak. I made a rough sketch of it with the help of bob and here are some facts:

It was about 2.5 inches tall.

It looked like it had 2 wings, the type big mosquitoes have

The part bellow the wings spun in a circle with a twisted type of way

I have tried to match the colors as close as possible, and just to clarify we were NOT intoxicated with anything and both of having the same hallucination is highly unlikely. By the way Bob thinks he saw some sort of a face on the head. All in all, it looked like one of those sticks with wings that you twist between your hands and they fly, but it was a live thing. Please help me figure out what the heck it was because it’s been 6 years and I still have no clue on what it is.

post-9-1068707445.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Anirbas

• Benjo Koolzooie

• Socol

• Lionel

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does look like a Dragon fly, the difference being Dragon flies have 4 wings and they do not fly vertically. Dont know what you saw though sad.gif

Do not underestimate the migratory powers of El Chupacabra. This may well have been a new sighting of the legendary creature. This brings up many questions:

1. Were there any goats in the vicinity?

2. was thier blood sucked dry?

3. Did you see any men dressed in black?

4. are you a member of D.A.R.E. ?

5. How many beers did you drink the day of the sighting?

Think carefully just be aware that the answers may frighten you. alien.gifalien.gifph34r.gif

honestly it looks like a 100 bug's that i've seen before. Most resembles a bug i call "stinky fly", dotn know their real names, but if you crush it, they stink bad!!! and i dont think you need to change your names to tell this story

lol...you say you "just ran away freaked out"...I must admit, my own responce when an insect flies too close to to swat it away. The only people I've seen who run away 'freaked out' by an insect are usually children huh.gif You say this was six years ago....exactly how old were you at the time?

Bearing in mind that your age will likely affect very much what you think you saw tongue.gif

Also...if this bug was only 2 and a half inches long...and you were observing it in flight...then it must have been the slowest moving insect the universe has ever seen to see it in the detail you're talking about, let alone your friend thinking he saw a face on it wacko.gif

Think carefully just be aware that the answers may frighten you. alien.gifalien.gifph34r.gif

LMAO Moe!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

LOL Moe...you have an obsession that may require serious time with a therapist...just make sure the therapist isn't El Chupa in disguise!

I've aeen something like this as well on my grandparents farm. They have giant flying termites that are orange in color with green striations along the abdomen. They fly nearly vertically due to the weight of their abdominal section. They are harmless, unless you have a wooden leg tongue.gif

PS...I am a Pacific Nor'wester as well, so this is even the same region...how long were you here?

I have seen a lot of bugs that look prehistoric lately. I think that a lot of these bugs are coming from the Amazon or Africa and due to them becoming immune to different climates, that's the reason why we are seeing them more often. Just like the humans did, they are evolving to their current surroundings.

wub.gif

Firstly, you weren’t anywhere near Mexico were you? I tell you now, I’ve seen bugs here that could hit a helicopter head on, and I’m not sure who would win! Ok, slight exaggeration, but you get my point. I’ve been here 3 years, and have seen most of the country, but wow, still I find things, and look around to see if anyone else has spotted this prehistoric beast that’s crawling up the wall? crying.gif

But with reference to a dragon fly, they are like helicopters and can fly in any direction, up down, left right, they are amazingly agile! Interesting point, did you know a dragon fly lives the first 3 years of its life under water? As a kind of larvae-wormy-type insect. And its mouth part is one of the largest for any insect, and its mouth is a kind of hydraulic piston, and can snap forward almost the speed of sound?

I'm with Moe - everything is El Chupacabras fault! I think you guys were sniffin glue (just kidding) I bet it was related to a dragonfly w00t.gif