Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Radio Heads

Dakoda

I don't know whether many, or anybody will respond to this because I haven't put too much thought into this post, and though it may seem like a juvinile observation, here it goes:

I cannot imagine how my life would be without music. I often find that a song I may or may not particularly like, but am familiar will suddenly glue itself into my head. When I turn the radio to my favorite station, I will find that song playing at that same time. :s9

On one occasion, I was singing a song during a commercial break on the radio, which was suddenly cut off and the song I had been singing began to play! This at first seemed unsual, but now occurs to me quite often, as it did just last night. Though it may seem uninteresting or bizarre to read or hear about until you have experienced it, could it be simply because transmitted radio waves can be projected into our subconscious, or is this just a repeating coincidence? Has anyone else experienced this as well?

If this subject has been discussed in the past, then I am sorry to have brought it up again, but I would really appreciate it is someone could clarifty this occurrence for me if possible.  :)    

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dakoda

• Kira

• SpaceyKC

• Tommy

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether many, or anybody will respond to this because I haven't put too much thought into this post, and though it may seem like a juvinile observation,

:)Please Dakoda don't think that as all the others that are on this forum will attest to any thoughts on any subject are welcome so are poeples posts/ threads. Most of mine are not thought out and I'm a little older than u :s1

I'm not sure about your theory about radio waves subconcoiusly affecting our brains,but I do know what u mean, it has happened a few times in the past.

But some other members may have other ideas.

:st C'mom guys what do u think? :sr

this kind of thing hapened to me only a few days ago, i had a strawberry switchblade song in my head and no more than a few seconds later it was on the radio, i thought it was pretty freaky!

ps

C'MON ENGLAND!!!!

I know what you mean Dakoda. In fact it happened to me just yesterday, when I was singing along in the car.  :s04   It falls in nicely with the whole serendipity situation... and little coincidences people notice.

;DNo Dakoda I know how u feel when u want to post stuff and don't know if u should..... :s1 Cheer up it's a good post...

I had the same thing at work yesterday but i was thinking of Nickelbacks 'how u remind me' when my friend sat next to me started to hum it. ???

Yeah, i do that quite a lot too, though not recently. Most of the time i do that whilst in clubs, i can quite accurately predict the next few tracks, but i fear thats more to do with the amount of time i spend in clubs than any ESP on my part  :D

I definately agree with you, Dakoda, when you say you couldn't imagine life without music, cos i sure couldn't.

I guess it's up to me to look into this situation more sharply, perhaps do some serious hunting for some justification or information about these strange occurances, since they happen so often and to so many people. :s3

*[Patriotic music plays in the background]*

As I don't have anything to refer these experiences by, it's not going to be that easy to attain.   :s3

[blue]

Sometimes when I have a cd on and I've set it to 'shuffle', I'll know which song is on next despite it being random. Most time's it's at the end of the previous song and I'll just start singing the first line of the next one and then it comes on.

Is this precognition, or am I sending mental waves to the cd player and it's doing as it's told? Freaky.

[/blue] :s9

I think it's because you are highly sensitive,  and therefore able to receive the 'vibes'!

[blue]

Highly sensitive as in 'perceptive'? or Highly sensitive as in 'poopypants'?

...lol  :s1[/blue]

:s6 hmmm let me see which is the best one to say without insulting u too much LB? :s2 :s2 :s2 :s04

I'll be nice and go for the first idea of perceptive. :s04

I know I've only begun searching for information about this topic, but I haven't been very successful and was wondering if anyone might possibly have any references to this subject?  ???

For a start, I wrote a letter to some psychic dude who has his own website called A Precognition Experiment, and hopefully, he'll respond with some helpful information, or links, or something similar. For anyone who is interested, this is the letter that I sent him:

Hello John Atkinson!

My name is Karen and I am part of an on-line discussion group dealing with the paranormal and unexplained (www.unexplained-mysteries.com) . Recently, I began a thread titled "Radio Heads" about a strange pattern/coincidence/occurance/phenomenon (however you want to put it), that I have personally experienced. The experience deals with a kind of clairvoyance involving music, some sort of spontaneous precognition and rigorous results. To be more specific, I'll give you an example of this occurance:

One morning I was getting ready for school (I am finishing my last senior year in high school), and listening to the radio (which was on a commercial break at that moment). I was singing a song to myself, and suddenly, the commercial which was being broadcasted at that minute, was suddenly cut off before it finished, and the song I had been singing began to play!

Other members of our discussion forum responded to my thread saying that they too have and often do experience this type of occurance. Here are some statements that they made:

1. " I'm not sure about your theory about radio waves subconcoiusly affecting our brains,but I do know what u mean, it has happened a few times in the past."

2.  "this kind of thing hapened to me only a few days ago, i had a strawberry switchblade song in my head and no more than a few seconds later it was on the radio, i thought it was pretty freaky!"

3. "I know what you mean Dakoda. In fact it happened to me just yesterday, when I was singing along in the car."

4. " I had the same thing at work yesterday but i was thinking of Nickelbacks 'how u remind me' when my friend sat next to me started to hum it. "

5.  "Yeah, i do that quite a lot too, though not recently. Most of the time i do that whilst in clubs, i can quite accurately predict the next few tracks"

6.  "Sometimes when I have a cd on and I've set it to 'shuffle', I'll know which song is on next despite it being random. Most time's it's at the end of the previous song and I'll just start singing the first line of the next one and then it comes on."

Because none of the members (including myself), have any information, guesses or reference to these experiences, I have decided to do some research about the matter, in hope of finding some answers or possible theories, and though I have only begun my search, it has not been the slightest bit successful, without using or having any available references. I just recently stumbled upon your website, and after reading several of your articles, thought that perhaps you would be, or are familiar with such an occurance/pattern or maybe have some links which could help me with my search for answers. I would greatly appreciate your help, and if you in fact have an experience or any information about my topic, I would be very obliged if you could respond to my e-mail as soon as possible either way, to let me know that you have taken the time to read my letter.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Karen

Hopefully, no one has anything against my submitting their experiences to this person. If so, then I am truly sorry for my actions, but this is, after all, a public forum and none of the statements were in any case offensive, improper, personal, or vulgar, so I see no probelm either way. We've been through a situation like this before, and I don't want to be getting on anyone's nerves...   :-/ :s4

LB,

Now really,  what do you think I meant?  :s04

(poopypants?)  :s9  :s2

:o :s2 :s2 :s2 :s2

I hope you get a reply Dakoda.  Same thing happened to me today-same place-same tune :o

And also in the chatroom on Sunday, with that Chad Kroeger tune.   :sj

:s03 Same here Dakoda.

BTW Tommy,KC, A,LB etc who were there Sunday, I have had to get the cd single of 'HERO' cause i haven't got it out of my head!!! :s2 :s2

:s9 oh now that was wierd just finished playing the single while adding this post turned on VH1 and the vid had just started............ :s01

:sr thanx 4 reminding me :sk

::) AHH  :s2 But Tommy I'm female i can do two things at once  ;D

Can't get away from it as pc. is in the same room :P

???If anyone is still interested, I recieved an immediate reply from John Atkinson:

Sounds interesting, but do you also have other examples

of precognition?

What does 'quite accurately' mean?[refering to PS's post: "Most of the time i do that whilst in clubs, i can quite accurately predict the next few tracks, but i fear thats more to do with the amount of time i spend in clubs than any ESP on my part"]

Have you ever heard of James Randi? He is very good at

looking at the kind of experiences you are having, and

can usually sort out what is going on.

You can contact him at: randi@randi.org

I'll forward your email on to him and see what he says;

he is really very nice and will certainly be interested

to help you use some logic to take your enquiries a step

further. As you take about rigorous results, he will

certainly be able to help you establish a protocol for

examining your results.

Any thoughts?  :-/

why the ??? Dakoda? Of course we are still interested and would be good to find out what 'experts' think of discussions like this.

So yes post what u receive from him. Just because we go off the subject a little doesn't mean we are not interested. Isn't that right guys? :st

:s9 Talking of the CK song have just turned on the BOX vid channel while posting this and guess what? Yeap I'm haunted by this song........ok so it's good :o

Dakoda,

I've experienced this all my life and so have many others I've discussed it with.  I am a musician myself and feel that music is an ancient language that speaks directly to the soul and is in fact the language of the spirit.

Your brother in spirit......

rock